Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #1

DX3. BH. sofa and dinette

I have a 2014 DX3 BH and I hate the sofa/dinette combo setup that is in it. The newer units have a separate sofa and dinette set up, even offering theater seating. Is there anywhere I can have my furniture replaced to have the same furniture the new DX3’s have? Not much room in the slide from wall to wall so I’m having trouble finding something that would work.
Chrislh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislh83 View Post
I have a 2014 DX3 BH and I hate the sofa/dinette combo setup that is in it. The newer units have a separate sofa and dinette set up, even offering theater seating. Is there anywhere I can have my furniture replaced to have the same furniture the new DX3’s have? Not much room in the slide from wall to wall so I’m having trouble finding something that would work.
Maybe the MOD's can post this in the Dynamax thread, it might get a better response.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:37 PM   #3

We have a 2016 DX 3 BH.. We are ordering theater seats and new booth seating from recpro.com You might check them out

2016 Dynamax DX3 37BH
2015 Jeep JKU
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #4

We have a 2014 DX3 TS & we also hated the 'Dream' dinette and the sofa/bed attached to it, so we ripped them out. We moved the smaller sofa/bed from the kitchen side to where the large sofa/bed was. I'm making a dining table to go where the smaller sofa/bed was and we have 2 Stressless recliners where the dinette was. It's much easier to watch the large TV with this configuration. Hope to have everything finished by rally time next month. Actually I've been instructed it will be finished. In summary, get rid of the dinette & sofa/bed and you'll love it.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Arrow View Post
We have a 2014 DX3 TS & we also hated the 'Dream' dinette and the sofa/bed attached to it, so we ripped them out. We moved the smaller sofa/bed from the kitchen side to where the large sofa/bed was. I'm making a dining table to go where the smaller sofa/bed was and we have 2 Stressless recliners where the dinette was. It's much easier to watch the large TV with this configuration. Hope to have everything finished by rally time next month. Actually I've been instructed it will be finished. In summary, get rid of the dinette & sofa/bed and you'll love it.
Yeah, I just came across them last night. I’ll look into them.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislh83 View Post
Trade up?

Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Trade up?

Nope. Love the one we have. Just would rather more comfortable seating.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:47 PM   #8
jkoenig24

LOTS of RV customizers in the Elkhart area. The one I used years ago, ProCustomInc, was GREAT and did amazing work but, changed their business model about two years ago and no longer do customizations. Some of ProCustomInc's staff went to Master Tech Custom Coach & RV (also in the Elkhart area). You supply the dream and money; they make it happen.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #9

Did you ever upgrade? We are looking for the stock furniture for our 2014 dx3 37bh
Videospy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #10
jkoenig24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videospy View Post
Did you ever upgrade? We are looking for the stock furniture for our 2014 dx3 37bh

Yes, I bought my coach new in 2014. The mattress was especially bad. The "couch" (really more of a love seat) and dinette were NO WHERE near comfortable. ProCustom brought in an Amish craftsman who took measurements and custom built a trestle table, sideboard and cabinets. A local RV furniture store in Elkhart had a nice swivel recliner which replaced the "couch" (and had two "regular" comfortable dining room chairs). A new super comfortable mattress came from IndianaBed (or is it Indiana Bedding?). It's obvious that the people who design and build RVs spend VERY little (if any) time actually using what they design and build. As I've already mentioned, check with Master Tech in Elkhart; I'd be surprised if they couldn't modify your DX3 to your liking.

NOTE: the changes I made REDUCED the sleeping capacity from six (two "regular" adults and four short people) to only TWO adults. Keep that in mind if you need to sleep more than two people.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote