Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #1

Dx3 gray level not working?

We’re out in the sticks in KY riding the Rzr. Now that I’ve got my RV back, I remember why I love my DX3 so much.

One thing I keep forgetting is I noticed the gray tank level doesn’t register anything. Both the black and fresh water levels register so I’m assuming the gray water has a sending unit that is bad.

Any thoughts before I have to leave it art the dealer for 16 years to have them look at it.

Thanks,

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #2

Mark don't hold me to it but I think I read where the sensors were actually stuck to the outside of the tanks with an adhesive. Maybe that was on the Isata 5 but I know I read it some where. Maybe you could start there.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #3

Check the wires in the sending units, may have a loose wire
Old 10-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Mark don't hold me to it but I think I read where the sensors were actually stuck to the outside of the tanks with an adhesive. Maybe that was on the Isata 5 but I know I read it some where. Maybe you could start there.
^^^This.
I had to re-stick all the sensors on the outside of my gray tank.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #5

What did you use to re-stick them?
Old 10-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #6

I used duct tape the first time, but it didn’t last long either. I think I’ll try double stick gorilla tape next time.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #7

Thanks for the replies but st this point it doesn’t matter. We’re packing up to leave and when I started the rv, one of the air gauges was on zero. Freight liner just fixed an air leak for the suspension and now it’s having the same issue.

Point is, I’m done. As soon as you get back to town, I’m cleaning it up and putting it up for sale. I’m tired of doing this, I’m done.

Mark
Old 10-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #8

Mark really hate to hear your still having troubles. You kinda been through it for sure. Maybe when you get home you will get your second or third wind. Hope you get the airbag to working for the drive home.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:01 PM   #9

Just checking to see how the trip home was and that you made it OK..
Old 10-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Just checking to see how the trip home was and that you made it OK..
Thanks bud, just walked in the door. I hate to get rid of my DX3 because as annoying as some stuff is, I just can't deal with repeated issues. I lost my DX for THREE months for something that shouldn't have taken more than a couple of weeks, perhaps three at the most.

And of course, as soon as I get it back, I'm having the same issue.

Just not into it that much... I'm going to take a few days to think about it. The last two times I traded in my RV's was because they pissed me off while I was out on the trails. I traded them in before I returned home. At least this one made it home.

Mark
Old 10-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Thanks bud, just walked in the door. I hate to get rid of my DX3 because as annoying as some stuff is, I just can't deal with repeated issues. I lost my DX for THREE months for something that shouldn't have taken more than a couple of weeks, perhaps three at the most.

And of course, as soon as I get it back, I'm having the same issue.

Just not into it that much... I'm going to take a few days to think about it. The last two times I traded in my RV's was because they pissed me off while I was out on the trails. I traded them in before I returned home. At least this one made it home.

Mark
I understand completely. When something gives me troubles that hinder what I am doing, it does not stick around long. I really dont mind troubles I can handle myself but when it involves a repeated thing and or me being stranded, that just takes the fun out.

I think your right about taking a few days to sort it out. I am bad to have knee jerk reactions too but I know you like the rig if you can just get it all sorted out. There is a Freightliner dealer and shop at exit 44 on the west side of Asheville if that could help any.. Good luck ole buddy...