Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #1

DX3 or Dynaquest XL?

So we've decided to go full-time and are heading toward the DX3 37RB or a Dynaquest 37RB. (we currently own a 2018 Isata 5 4X4 36DS)

Clearly the finishes are a bit higher end and I understand the M2 106 vs the 112 has some additional features (e.g. more horse power). I also love the feature of being able to lock/unlock all the cargo compartments with a fob. And the insulated windows would likely be quieter and more efficient.

Any difference in ride (road noise, fuel efficiency, etc)?

I was surprised there are no air-bags in the cab and the stereo system is pretty pathetic compared to the RAM cab. It will be the first thing I change.

Any thoughts or experiences welcomed.

Cheers -
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:44 AM   #2

You get insulated windows in the DX3 as well. I agree, the storage bin locks would be really nice, escpecially for full time.

Hopefully a few of the people with XL's will chime in. They are nice units.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #3

Subscribed. I am interested to hear the differences too.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

I have the Dynaquest 37TS and glad we went up to it. It is very quiet inside and heats and cools well. I was looking at the axle weights and the bigger chassis that made the choice for us. If you sit down and check the price difference it's not that much more to go with the Dynaquest.
DR Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
Seņor Miembro

Paint difference

Here are pics of the 2019 DX3 37BH (at portland dealership) and of 2019 XL 37BH that I bought.
If you notice, they did a really nice job on the XL (for about $40k more) of making the paint on the sides of the slideouts match the rest of the rig. On the DX3, it's just white. Minor difference but it stands out. Not sure if that is an intentional difference or just a paint shop oversight on that particular DX3.
The paint scheme on the XL also wraps into the door jambs which is nice. Not sure about if it does on the DX3's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ByoungRV portland 2019 dx3 37BH.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	214781   Click image for larger version

Name:	dynamoose right side.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	214782  
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
If you notice, they did a really nice job on the XL (for about $40k more) of making the paint on the sides of the slideouts match the rest of the rig. On the DX3, it's just white.
Not really white...but actually silver to match the body color.

You are correct however that the XL gets the slides painted to match. That is one of the upgrades that comes with the XL. On purpose.

I am not sure if this is updated for the 2020.5 specs, but there are not many changes for he M2. Mainly the Sprinter gets a big facelift., but here is the latest comparison between the three.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2020 - Force HD vs DX3 vs DynaQuest XL.pdf (635.1 KB, 589 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #7
TRN

The slides on my DX3 match the paint, so guessing the original purchaser upgraded the paint?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190704_174313.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	606.9 KB
ID:	214786  
Old 09-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRN View Post
The slides on my DX3 match the paint, so guessing the original purchaser upgraded the paint?
Sort of, the DX3 was sort of the old XL, if that makes sense. When it went to straight wall, we dropped the slide stripes and it became and XL thing.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #9

The XL. Had na by shocks and sway bar

What does the XL have?
Worm43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #10

One small thing that has not been mentioned on the XL is the Aquahot upgrade. With the 450 you can heat the engine when it is cold but it also allows the engine to heat the coach going down the road as well as you have hot water from the engine heating the Aquahot while traveling. We have the XL37RB and love it. If going full time I would think think the extra HP would mean allot. I have seen times I would like to have a little more power. When in the mountains is still slows down a little. Mind you we are talking big grades. I can go up Jellico mountain in Tenn. and never drop below 65 towing about 5000lb.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #11

If the XL fits into the budget that would be my preferred choice. The upgrades to the DX3 are really nice. After all, this is now your home.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #12

We just ordered a DX3 and I still go back and forth on whether or not I should have upgraded one more notch to the XL.

Both are super nice so it is still a win/win situation in my book.

XL over DX3 Pros:

Bigger engine, which I really do not need even being in the Rocky Mountains. I drive slow all the time, especially in an RV.

Floors sure are nice and shiny and I like that a lot but he DX3 tile floors are very nice as well.

Locking bay doors are super nice and convenient. Not a huge thing but very nice.

Bigger French Door Fridge...super nice as well and that extra cubic square footage is nice.

Third AGM battery...easy to upgrade in the DX3.

Think I am sticking with the DX3...for the moment!
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #13

Looks like my order has yet to be officially submitted so will be thinking more about upgrading to the Dynaquest this weekend.

If anybody knows: The solid surface shower in the DQ...is it the same size as in the DX3 and where the "joints" are is that simply caulked or is there some sort of connection system as well that prevents water from getting through those cracks/joints in the wall?

Hope that question makes sense.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #14
Commercial Member

1. Same size shower, in that they fit in the same space.
2. Only the vertical joints are "glued" together. the pan itself is actually heated, formed and bonded, just like a countertop would be so really one piece (for the pan). That's the only way to get a concave shape for drainage.

On this page https://dynamaxcorp.com/class-c-moto...xl/3801TS/3749 there is a 360 view if you want to "see" the shower.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #15

BC...I hope you realize how nice it is to have someone like you responding to these types of questions.

That said, so I understand about the vertical joints being glued.

Is there any other protection to keep water from infiltrating behind the walls?

Just wondering since if there is even a small opening/hole/crack in that glue water could penetrate behind the paneling....at least it could from what I can see.

Is that right or is there something behind the wall to make sure if that happens the water still drains down and into the pan?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Nope, no other mechanism on the vertical seams other than the glue/sealant.

The wall board is vinyl...so if water did get behind there, it would just run down the vinyl material, then onto the tile floor. You could remove the front cover of the shower to inspect that area as we do when water testing the shower.

So...no mechanism, but also you should know if there was an issue (as opposed to being hidden forever)

Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #17

Well, after reconsidering things (over and over as many of us have done) and having fun crunching numbers with my wife on what I must say was a very exciting Friday night , we have upgraded to the Dynaquest 3801TS from the DX3.

I want to thank those who are on this forum, BC for all his continued input and, also at the mothership Dynamax, Jared (whose last name I know not) who answered a lot questions and sent us a small sliver of the upholstery (Pumis) we requested which helped us a lot with deciding the interior colors since we don't have anything local to see.

I am sure I will have plenty of other questions as time goes by and we are hoping this fourth RV for us will be our last...at least for a long while!

So now, we wait for delivery some time in spring.

Most excited!
Old 10-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Well, after reconsidering things (over and over as many of us have done) and having fun crunching numbers with my wife on what I must say was a very exciting Friday night , we have upgraded to the Dynaquest 3801TS from the DX3.

I want to thank those who are on this forum, BC for all his continued input and, also at the mothership Dynamax, Jared (whose last name I know not) who answered a lot questions and sent us a small sliver of the upholstery (Pumis) we requested which helped us a lot with deciding the interior colors since we don't have anything local to see.

I am sure I will have plenty of other questions as time goes by and we are hoping this fourth RV for us will be our last...at least for a long while!

So now, we wait for delivery some time in spring.

Most excited!
Jared's last name is Graber.

And if its any reinforcement, at our dealer Expo a few weeks ago....after walking into the Dynaquest XL that we had on display it was hard for me to walk in anything else.

We started walking dealers into that last. And the new paint I thought turned out beautifully.