Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #1

DX3 with "All Electric" Option?

OK, I have gone from thinking an Isata 3 might do the trick to wanting a DX3 with Aqua-Hot and the "All Electric" option. The Isata 3 might of been okay for short trips but looking at the things I take on trips even to my vacation home, I can see now that I need much more CCW and I always expected that when I retired I would want the 20K towing capability. I got retired a bit early so, my questions to Brian and others;
1. Are they selling many "All Electric" option DX3s?
2. What do I BBQ with if the coach does not have LP?
3. Will the Force HD ever have these two options?
twp5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by twp5253 View Post
OK, I have gone from thinking an Isata 3 might do the trick to wanting a DX3 with Aqua-Hot and the "All Electric" option. The Isata 3 might of been okay for short trips but looking at the things I take on trips even to my vacation home, I can see now that I need much more CCW and I always expected that when I retired I would want the 20K towing capability. I got retired a bit early so, my questions to Brian and others;
1. Are they selling many "All Electric" option DX3s?
2. What do I BBQ with if the coach does not have LP?
3. Will the Force HD ever have these two options?
I can answer #2. Get a cheap charcoal BBQ and use match light charcoal. We started doing this this past summer and what a treat. The meat takes longer to cook but it tastes like BBQ used to taste! Even though I can use gas, I won't now.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #3

Just carry a grill LP bottle if you want propane to cook on. I’m honestly thinking about doing that even though I’ve got an onboard tank. Another option is an electric pellet smoker / grill like the GMG davey Crockett.

Seems like everybody that goes all electric ends up pretty happy. You won’t be disappointed with the aqua hot either.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #4

I take a propane tank mounted in an milk carton to keep it from tipping and then bungee it to hooks I screwed into the sub-floor. I have a long hose that I connect to my Weber Q that I've had for years and place it on a folding table. This has worked great for me.
As for filling the tank, I think it much simpler to take a small tank to get refilled than trying to move the rig or have the rig filled at my site.
The all electric with AquaHot is great. Since the new DX3's have a different heat pump, using them to keep warm in mild temps is great and when temps dip to below the effective temp for heat pumps to work the AqualHot is wonderful.
As far as weight goes, you won't regret the extra capacity. I ran out of things to take on our last month trip and still had over 3K lbs to go.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
Commercial Member

1. Yes, a good portion of our orders are electric only.
2. Boooo, hisssss (on gas grills). Hard Lump Charcoal is the only way to grill. Food is way better.
3. No...the it would be the same price as the DX3.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. Yes, a good portion of our orders are electric only.
2. Boooo, hisssss (on gas grills). Hard Lump Charcoal is the only way to grill. Food is way better.
3. No...the it would be the same price as the DX3.
I forgot to ask what is the ballpark cost of the "All Electric" Option. Most of the DX3s I see do not list that. Just trying to figure out how much stock I will have to sell

Are there any dealers such as https://www.mhsrv.com/ or located near my legal domicile of South Dakota that get their DX3s with the electric option for their inventory? Or am I just going to have to order the unit?

Yes, I am in total agreement on the taste of BBQ with either Mesquite or Charcoal and that is all I use at my vacation home in Blythe, CA.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #7

I didn't have the patience to order our DX3. Found it on the lot at MHS. Locked it up with a deposit and drove there towing our 5ver as a trade-in. MHS had such an excellent PDI that I haven't needed an additional dealer. After I picked it up I parked it at their RV park and had them fix the final Nits on their property.

I think it's great not having to fill the propane tank. If you are planning to boondock or away from propane, you have 100 gallons of diesel to last you a very long time. For a BBQ we purchased one of the small Weber's and it works great.

Our Aquahot needed some repair. Don't need a dealer for that. I found a local Aquahot mobile service truck and Aquahot repaired it within a day. It would have taken forever at an RV dealer. I had another warranty issue with the power cord winder. FR advised to take it to ANY FR dealer for warranty work. That issue is now fixed.

The message is don't worry about trying to get a local dealer. Just get your best deal for the rig that you want.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
We have an all electric DX3. Very glad we made that decision. Use small propane tank to cook on our blackstone. Aqua hot is the bomb for unlimited hot water and heat, oooh the heat. Just camped a week ago with temps dropping to freezing in PA. Our coach was so warm and cozy.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #9

Just looked at a Window sticker at MHS and found the All Electric option is only $300!
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #10

Such great information!!! Thank you!
Old 11-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Just looked at a Window sticker at MHS and found the All Electric option is only $300!
See there...we're quite the value

You're actually dropping the LP tank and plumbing for it...which is fairly costly, but then you add back a root-cast compartment for that area and swap out a gas range for an induction range. It used to be more when you also upgraded to the Diesel Aquahot, but we made that standard now....so the "all electric" is more of a preference than an upgrade.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:02 PM   #12

My ordered DX3 is an all electric coach. I hate trying to get propane even though it’s not that often. With a big inverter and solar on the roof, dry camping should be shockingly good!!!!
mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #13

Great Value Indeed!

Quote:

You're actually dropping the LP tank and plumbing for it...which is fairly costly, but then you add back a root-cast compartment for that area and swap out a gas range for an induction range. It used to be more when you also upgraded to the Diesel Aquahot, but we made that standard now....so the "all electric" is more of a preference than an upgrade.
OK, please start building more DX3 KD34 units with Cab Over and All Electric so I can find one early next year/someday on the lot.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #14
ETF

Quote:
OK, please start building more DX3 KD34 units with Cab Over and All Electric so I can find one early next year/someday on the lot.
Wise choice. I love the all electric. In out last unit I carried a 5# propane bottle just for the grill. On the DX3, if I carry a grill, I load a GMG Davy Crockett in the rear of the towed SUV. Really like that pellet grill even if it is a tad on the heavy side. A lot of the time I don't even bother as we often travel in tandem with my S-I-L who BBQ grill fanatic. She's been known to carry a charcoal grill, a gas grill and an electric grill … just in case. In case of what, I'm not sure.
ETF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #15

And when you go all electric, the coach comes with a set of cookware for the induction stove top.!
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #16

Quote:

Brian, if the description within the add for a 34 KD says "2 burner induction cook" then is it safe to assume the rig has the All Electric option?
Old 11-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #17
Commercial Member

The 34KD will have all the same options as the other DX3 floor plans.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #18

Quote:
The 34KD will have all the same options as the other DX3 floor plans.
Except Theater Seats? Why is that Brian?
Old 11-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Except Theater Seats? Why is that Brian?
The L-shape sofa is much larger than a normal sofa....so you could get theater seats...it would just look fairly goofy with so much space on either side. Maybe they can fit a triple in there. Haven't looked.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #20

Smile

Hey, Brian: We are looking at the 34 Force or DX3 at the end of next year. If the L-shaped sofa precludes walking to the back of the coach when the slides are in, I vote for removing it either with a larger sofa or larger theater seats. Just say'in. Thanks. jc
JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric