Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #1

Dynamax 3 2018 sliding air Drivers seat

My drivers seat will not swivel. Any suggestions or diagrams of mechanical.
Riverdog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #2

Does it swivel a little bit? Try swiveling it with door open; it can get hung up on the door....and cut into lower door panel. Can you swivel the passenger seat?
Old 12-23-2017, 10:48 PM   #3

I don't have access to my Isata 3, but as I recall the demonstration in this video will work for our cab seats. I never thought to use my foot to release the lever; I have bent down to get at it. I will have to try using my foot next spring.

RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #4

I had a similar issue. Some times the catch does not realease or lock. I’m sure you are aware you need to pull the release lever and slide the seat inwards before attempting to swivel. If it still won’t swivel follow the cable and ensure the catch is releasing.
Bob
Motorhome1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:21 AM   #5

Clear all around, pull lever and wont release. Need diagram before I start tearing apart.
Riverdog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #6

DX3 seat base

There is a post form Brian Clemens with a picture of the assembly. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-146079-2.html
We had that problem with our 2018 DX3, Seat would not slide towards center or swivel. I removed the seat, cleaned & lubed the sliding/rotating assembly which is located between the seat & air ride base. Also modified the locking pin assy as it was binding (single side lift on the locking pin).I have some pictures if you would like me to send them to you.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:21 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Yes, they need to be worked in. I got on our guys, who admitted they were "tough to turn the first time or two". Someones got to speak up, so we then called the supplier out who admitted they were not breaking them in like they do the Ford's since there aren't as many. They have since agreed to lubricate and test multiple times for rotation. This was a few months ago, but I'm guessing some got out before breaking them in.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote