Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #1

Dynamax Customer Satisfaction with Force, Force HD, or DX-3

I was drawn to the C+ class motorhomes by the available power, bunk/cabover options for my family of six, and better mechanical access. New Renegades, Showhaulers, and Haulmarks are out of my price range. The next step down seems to be the Jaycos, Dynamaxs, and a couple others using the Freightliner M-2 chassis with the big 9.0L cummins.

The dynamax force HD seemed to be the best compromise on power and accommodations, for us, for the money in the new market.

Please tell me about your Dynamax Force or DX-3 and your interactions with the manufacturer, if any. No raves about previous Dynamax models necessary. Thanks anyway, but their great reputation is impossible to miss.
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #2

We purchased our 2016 DX3 about 2 weeks ago and have been staying in it since then. It is well built and we have had only a few items on our punch list to repair. In our 20+ years of rving, Dynamax has been the most responsive manufacturer we've ever worked with. We are currently at the factory and had our short list of repairs taken care of yesterday. Everyone here has been very helpful and we are happy campers
We would recommend Force HD or DX3 for your needs. Force HD has same chassis specs as DX3...Force HD has overhead bed, DX3 does not.
Tarabird48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #3

We toured three or four forces and dx3s and went on a test ride in the dx3, since we wanted a Force HD. It seemed to be very smooth and effortless to drive. Unfortunately, we only rode on flat highway. Therefore, we really didn't get a feel for the coach's power.

Do you tow with your DX-3? How do you feel about the power of the 9.0 Cummins? Thank you for the reference on Dynamax!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #4

Yes, we tow a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd (approx 5000 lbs). The DX3 doesn't even know it's back there!!! We've only driven 200 miles +/- since our purchase and have not driven any significant hills...just a few inclines. The rig seems to have plenty of power...transmission has never left 6th gear on Interstates and rolling hills. The transmission shifting is very smooth and the truck feels strong and steady.
Tarabird48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:36 AM   #5

Thank you.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:35 AM   #6

Hi all, sorry to hijack/piggyback this thread, Thanks for the info so far.. My wife and I too are looking at Super "C's" to upgrade to from our 5th wheel Bunk house. We too want the diesel for power. We just went to the Hershey PA RV show. Looking to stay with a bunk house, We have narrow down to either the Jayco, Dynamax, or we even saw Thor on the F550 chassis. (Not impressed with quality, plus seems May be too small, but like the lay out of the Bunk house model). We also spoke with the people from Renegade who said they're coming out with a "family priced" super c. Bunk house, soon. Still maybe pricey. My question to you all is ; anyone know or knowledge on how the 6.7L's are? We. Plan on pulling a smaller SUV, right now have Ford Escape hybrid. Wondering if the 6.7L's would be sufficient enough for us?

My album; past and present projects:https://www.flickr.com/photos/9617164...7600656468619/
ILUVRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Just an FYI, at our Dealer open house, Dynamax debuted a new Super C built on the Dodge 5500 chassis. It will be the Isata 5 series.

10,000 lb hitch and cummins diesel are standard. I'll try and get some pictures posted soon.

MAKE/MODEL DODGE RAM 5500
ENGINE 6.7L
CYLINDERS 6
HP 325
TORQUE (LB/FT) 750 LB/FT
TRANSMISSION 6 spd 66RFE
GCWR 37,500
GVWR 19,500
GAWR (FRONT) 7,000/7,250
GAWR (REAR) 13,500
UVW
WHEELS 19.5 X 6.0 ALUM
TIRES 225/70R19.5

DIMENSIONS 36DS
OVERALL LENGTH 36'-2"
EXTERIOR WIDTH 96"
EXTERIOR HEIGHT 12'-4"
INTERIOR HEIGHT 82"
CHASSIS WHEELBASE 204.5"
COMPLETED WHEELBASE 264.5"
AWNING LENGTH 16'

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #8

This sounds interesting.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #9

Maybe fuel consumption might be reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #10

we own a 2016 DX3.. it is a great mh. we have had a couple things worked on at the dealership we bought it from (b4 we left there) and a few things at the manufacturer.

what has been corrected - dynamax was good to work with. but, we have a few minor things we are going to take care of that dynamax has to get in. these were minor items that needed to be ordered. the dealer said they would order them, never got them. dynamax said they would order them and still haven't gotten them. all we want is simple things (like a screen for our bunk that has a small hole-i want a good one).

we are still waiting. we bought our unit and june and here we sit.... have talked to 2 people at dynamax and get the run around everytime.

if you have an appt to get things fixed, they seem good. if you want parts good luck. they don't keep stock from what i understand.

its a great unit, they are good to work with. but don't expect to get parts anytime soon.
all4bichons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:15 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Private message me you VIN and contact info along with you you talked to at Dynamax.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #12

well, starting to become an unhappy customer. bclemens a message is coming!
all4bichons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Just to confirm I received all your info and have been responding via private message. I think I have responded to all of your messages, unless this "message coming" is a new one.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #14

Here is a short list of our 2015 Force 37BH issues.
1. Shower enclosure was not sealed to surround, major leak when in use.
2. Grey water tank inlet hose not secured, clamp missing so grey water flowed into lower storage bay.
3. All shades dropped due to hardware (screws) too short and do not support weight of shad units.
4. Both interior door straps broke during travel allowing doors to slam
5. No access ladder for cab over bunk (never installed at factory).
6. interior flooring has foreign matter between subfloor and Vinyl flooring (Blisters).
7. Exterior TV does not operate.
8. Both Roof A/C Unit leaked during first Rain Storm (not installed properly)
9. Fresh water overflow tube (Clear) not cut to size nor clamped in anyway, dragging behind unit.
10. entry door does not close without slamming. (seems step sensor is hitting)

Most of these issues are in work with our dealer or have been rectified. Just surprising that the QA process allowed this unit to roll out the door with some of these issues.
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #15
Commercial Member

1. Unfortunately that is a common issue in the industry for various reasons. People think the shower is not sealed, when it actually is. The pan has a lip that goes up 1 1/2" behind the actual surround. Its not supposed to be caulked, but it is sealed up behind there with a foam tape. Having said that...the pan gets notched from the suppler where the shower door goes on and if they do not notch that correctly it does leave a gap. It just depends on how the water is hitting that area. Our other models get a one piece fiberglass which eliminates 90% of the issues, but I have still seen supplier doors leak which is very frustrating.

2,3 no excuse for either. Although QC would not catch if someone was using short screws, as they would probably hold through the QC process.

5. were the latches there to receive the ladder? At one time it did not get one. Too many people worry about what to do with a ladder as a projectile...so they err on the side of caution and leave it out assuming kids will climb furniture...which they often do. The ladder was a later addition.
7. we test all of them before they leave...in fact most are on going down the line half the time.
8. We rain test 100%...that one is troubling.

When you get a chance, please private message me your VIN and dealer. I'd like to take a look at the pictures that come in with the warranty repairs. I'll also take that data to the line during our staff meetings.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #16

Item 10 we were told is how it is designed? The door does not close without being slammed, and there is obvious load on the inner aluminum frame where the step sensor is mounted.
Ladder is in, took some begging, but now we have egress.
Floor issue will not go away as easily. See PM.

Sadly, we have been back to the dealer more than we have been on the road.
Mileage and tolls are adding up.
One might expect these issues from a Jayco Eagle, but not a Super C.
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:47 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Without using the door I can't tell you if it is normal or not. I do know that there is camber built into motorhome doors so that they seal properly. That does require some effort...but if its physically hitting on something then that's another story.

The floor is a common repair. If a floor is gouged or torn even on the line we have guys that specialize in that. They cut it and vinyl weld the piece back in. Repairability is actually something most mfg's look at when picking floors. Grout lines, seams, etc in the pattern are the perfect repair point. It happens all the time.

When I had my house built a tool was dropped on the tub, chipped it. No way to remove the entire thing and replace it so they repaired the chip. Looks like new.

I'll see if I can track down the pictures of the blisters to see where and how big they are.