Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos3 View Post
I like the super C for many reasons, but I don't think the floor plans will work for me considering my new health issue. Like all classes, various units drive differently, and a Monaco, Country Coach, or Newmar will work for me. Not sure about FR as simply my first focus was on a Dynamax until my arthritis blew up.

Yes, 40 hours is a lot, so try to spend more time in the Dynamax, Seneca, and Renegade forums reading various threads. Also, get very detailed with a spreadsheet and look into the underlying features being offered. For example, dual pane windows, how the slides are built as to air flow around the seams, and the slide operational design, leveling system, insulation used, basic framing of the unit, rust undercoating, mfg responsiveness, like access in a forum to someone like bclemens.

Be sure to include a Jayco Seneca to provide a wider basis of comparison and the issues/complaints owners are dealing with,

Think about buying a gently used model as a way to control costs.

All good points.

The main issue is, I am in Canada.
So!
That means with the 30% exchange rate, buying out of the states in not an option.
Also, the used market is not here, as it is in the USA.
My options are limited.
Same experience as when I purchased my 5th. Very few options.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #42

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Just gotta put my 2 cents in. We looked at Seneca, Verona and DX3. They are very similar in floorplans. After looking at all three units at a show, we went with the DX3. Don't know where you're seeing that the verona on paper is better. Engine, braking systems etc etc essentially the same. Verona is longer and heavier(longer bunks) but DX3 are really long too , does tow more, but for us, we don't need more than the 20,000+lbs the DX3 tows. Also, I liked the floorplan better. Well actually I liked the jayco floorplan the best but after seeing the DX3 it just looks cheap. Also, my husband wouldn't even consider the jayco due to engine. It's got a 340 6.7L, same as our dually. GVW is 25,500, GCWR 33,000. Thats 7,500lbs tow capacity unloaded. Also, i spoke with someone that owns one, and while he said he liked it, he admitted its a bit of a dog going uphill and especially while towing.

Best of luck with your decision, and taking that long trip to see, get inside and get a feel for them is worth it.

Oh, and we ordered our DX3 at Dylans
Old 12-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #43

Dynamax DX3 37BH

The info I received from Dylan's.

DX3 54k gcwr.
Verona 60k

Verona has 7k occ
Unsure of DX3

DX3 aquahot
Verona 10 gal.

275/80 tires all 14 ply DX3
295/75 front 16 ply rear 14 Verona

Larger bunks in Verona
Larger actual tv in bunk Verona

DX3 has automotive drop down monitors

16 cu ft two door fridge DX3
18 cuft French door Verona

Double latch bunk doors Verona
DX3 has single latch

271 wheel base DX3 vs 309 Verona

100 gal fresh 52 black and grey DX3
150 gal fresh 75 black and grey Verona

From the pictures, the Verona counter space is two drawer width wider than the DX3

DX3 has 24 gal propane
Verona has 20

Larger batteries/inverter in the DX3.

2.5" floor DX3 vs 4" floor Verona.

Ps.. Brian, if my info is wrong please correct me.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #44

I have been looking at Dylan's RV as well. I have looked at the Dynamax DX3 37 BH and have taken it for a test drive.
We will be going back there again this week, trying to work on a trade.

Which model Verona are you looking at? I will visually compare for you.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #45

Dynamax DX3 37BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
I have been looking at Dylan's RV as well. I have looked at the Dynamax DX3 37 BH and have taken it for a test drive.
We will be going back there again this week, trying to work on a trade.

Which model Verona are you looking at? I will visually compare for you.

Great!!
Looking at the bunkhouse.
Very curious to hear your direct comparison thoughts.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #46

Quote:
Your situation sounded similar to mine. Also had gas A and then traded to a DP and now looking at trading on Dx3 37BH. The 2017 that I am looking at
has the 15,000 AC in front. Are you saying that it does not get cool enough in the kitchen/living area? The refrigerator in the one that I am looking at is the same one that I have in my present coach. The no ladder thing is a puzzle to me.
There are a lot of pros for me on the DX3, and as you can see I have a 2017 DP with only 6,000k on it.

When I had problems I was in the Houston area with temps in the high 90s and high humidity. If you're planing to travel to the south in the summertime then I would defiantly talk to Dynamax about the 18k unit. In a post on this subject Dynamax said they were now installing the higher capacity unit.
We have a DX3 RB but I believe the BH has the same number of slides; 2. The triple slide may be worse due to more sq ft.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #47

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Good comparison of the 2 models. So here were our thoughts......

Engine-exact same HP, torque, and with the verona heavier not sure why it would tow more, but again, DX3 tows over 20,000 we're good with that.

We will have less counter space, but prefer the seating the loveseat offers in the standard floorplan, (why we did not buy DX3 on Dylans lot, has 50" TV) We had 2 big couch's in our Phaeton, like/need the extra seating)

We also got the electric stove top option with the total electric coach. (not an option in verona i don't think) So no recessed stovetop, I didn't care for that, having to turn the gas on, remove covers anytime I wanted to use the stove, bleed the lines ugh. I mostly cook outside.

TV location. We love the TV up on an angle in corner, did not care for TV above doorway in verona.

Never even filled black tank to half, so no worries on that. Rarely use freshwater tank. Bigger gray tank would be nice. Fuel tank only 4gal less.

Like the longer wheelbase on verona, but happy DX3 is under 40'. Actually really like the floorplan of the VRB, with the L-shaped couch, TV location, but wanted bunks.

Bottom line we liked the floorplan of the DX3 better, including the dark cabinetry, they call it rich caramel.

DX3 has a dual stage C brake, aqua hot, and thetford sani-con(hoping we like this, looks cool)

They are both beautiful coachs, keep us posted which one you choose, and then pics when you get it!!!
Old 12-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #48

Letsgorving,

So you ordered the Dynamax 37 BH with the love seat sofa that will sit where the fireplace/tv sits ? Did you order it with the 18k AC? Have you taken delivery yet?

We are looking at the one they have on the lot. There are a lot of pro's and con's for us to make a trade, so we have to see what we can live with and without. Going over again on Thursday to try and decide. Will post our decision at a later date

Joe
Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #49

Joet19711,

Yes we ordered a 37bh 1st week of november after seeing the one on the lot. Loved it, but wanted that extra seat which will be where the 50" TV is, with a 40" TV above it on an angle. That set-up is pictured in the brochure and is standard.
Had not heard about the A/C issue before we ordered, but we don't take delivery until April, and it will be a 2018 so I'm assuming it will have the 18K a/c? Someone said that's what they're putting in now? Guess that's a question for our salesguy.

Can't wait to hear what you decide. And we traded our DP as well. It was really nice, and there will be some things I will miss about it, but looking forward to feeling safer on the road.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #50

Philos3, would love to camp with you someday, I have been following along with the posts and you are obviously an amazing cook!!!
Old 12-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post
Good comparison of the 2 models. So here were our thoughts......

Engine-exact same HP, torque, and with the verona heavier not sure why it would tow more, but again, DX3 tows over 20,000 we're good with that.

We will have less counter space, but prefer the seating the loveseat offers in the standard floorplan, (why we did not buy DX3 on Dylans lot, has 50" TV) We had 2 big couch's in our Phaeton, like/need the extra seating)

We also got the electric stove top option with the total electric coach. (not an option in verona i don't think) So no recessed stovetop, I didn't care for that, having to turn the gas on, remove covers anytime I wanted to use the stove, bleed the lines ugh. I mostly cook outside.

TV location. We love the TV up on an angle in corner, did not care for TV above doorway in verona.

Never even filled black tank to half, so no worries on that. Rarely use freshwater tank. Bigger gray tank would be nice. Fuel tank only 4gal less.

Like the longer wheelbase on verona, but happy DX3 is under 40'. Actually really like the floorplan of the VRB, with the L-shaped couch, TV location, but wanted bunks.

Bottom line we liked the floorplan of the DX3 better, including the dark cabinetry, they call it rich caramel.

DX3 has a dual stage C brake, aqua hot, and thetford sani-con(hoping we like this, looks cool)

They are both beautiful coachs, keep us posted which one you choose, and then pics when you get it!!!

Good comparison.
We have some different requirements in a coach.

Tank sizes are important to me, and I don't think I would buy an electric coach. ( didn't know dynamax was building all electric)

I use the Sanicon on my fifth and love it. The Verona has a macerating toilet. Tv placement is irrelevant to us, as we don't watch tv.
Nor do we need as much seating.

The aquahot would be a big plus.

The biggest difference in the units I am looking at is the DX3 is $64k higher. So that plays a big part.
( although they are quoting me high on my trades) and I have not talked trade numbers from the Verona.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:46 PM   #52
Commercial Member

It's an Atwood 15, which is rated as an 18. We've had no issues with the Atwood keeping things cool.

Kenny, the Dynaquest XL would actually be higher than the DX3. That is an M2 112. You're looking at 16'...so I'm not sure on the comparison how to compare apples to apples, but our flooring is ceramic tile, cabinets are all hard wood. So I don't know that they have a higher quality. They are running Armstrong Vinyl Plank flooring. The Aquahot is a pretty big difference. Unlimited hot water and quiet, hydronic heat. (several thousands different just on that alone)

The last two 37BH's units across the scale had 7600 and 7686 CCC.

Just trying to get you all the data I can. As a side note, Dynamax is a stand alone division of Forest River..So my focus is solely on our Motorhomes, we have nothing to do with trailers. Grove RV should have inventory in stock, up in Edmonton.

Not sure why they have different specs...we both build on the M2. They do set theirs up assuming that you're going to two 20k all the time. We set ours up assuming that you will do that sometimes, but most times towing less or a toad. So tighter turning radius.

They run a "stick on" backsplash that is thin stone on an adhesive sticker back (we ran the same thing on the Force, until I got there). We now hand lay and grout our backsplash...at least for the last year we have.

Samsung Smart TV's and blu ray player.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #53
Commercial Member

The Dynaquest XL is all electric. We just added that option to the DX3 due to demand. Some people want to drop the LP tank all together.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #54

The DX3 is higher???? Pretty sure when we looked at verona it was more. Anyway, sounds like Verona might be better for you with the preferences you pointed out?

All electric is an option for DX3. Yes as I see Brians comment above we did want to drop the LP tank.

Along with joet19711 will be interested what you decide to go with, and then of course pics please. Whether you buy a dynamax or not
Old 12-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #55

Kenny,

What model Verona are you looking at in NJ? is the the Verona 36VSB?

It is sitting near the Dynamax. I did go thru that one, but I need a bunk

bunk house model and "Big Blue" struck my wife's eye. If in fact I do trade,

it will be on the DX 37BH. How can you beat the Dynamax with a factory

guy on the forum?

Joe
Old 12-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The Dynaquest XL is all electric. We just added that option to the DX3 due to demand. Some people want to drop the LP tank all together.
Yes, I asked dealer about getting rid of it. Since it is already installed in the unit, if it is removed, is it turned into a storage compartment? and is it something that the dealer can do? or does it have to be a factory thing?

Joe
Old 12-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #57

Grove rv has the " big blue" and is the one we are considering.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #58

oh you talking about the LP tank? Ours will be storage without it. And we got a blue one too.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:06 PM   #59

Dynamax DX3 37BH

Quote:
Kenny,

What model Verona are you looking at in NJ? is the the Verona 36VSB?

It is sitting near the Dynamax. I did go thru that one, but I need a bunk

bunk house model and "Big Blue" struck my wife's eye. If in fact I do trade,

it will be on the DX 37BH. How can you beat the Dynamax with a factory

guy on the forum?

Joe

Brian is a god send to this forum.
I do sometimes wonder if my opinion of FR is clouding my judgement towards the DX3.

I am not exactly looking at any from New Jersey.
It was just the first dealer I found that carried BOTH coaches.
I figured they would give a more honest comparison between the two....

Costs are too high to buy out of the states. Plus, I am trading my truck and trailer in .. but, it's a ram, and as such can only be registered and sold in Canada. USA dealers can't touch it.

Hey! Maybe that trump guy will fix the crappy exchange rate???
Old 12-20-2016, 08:07 PM   #60

Dynamax DX3 37BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post

The fact that it's giant and blue is a small reason the wife is leaning towards the Verona!!!

It's big.. it's blue... and it has lighting bolts all over it!!

I don't mind it. I think it's super cool.
But might be a tad.. " hey look at me"!!!