Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2017, 08:51 AM   #161

I have Dish with the wingard and it works great in motion and on the campsite. It'll make noise when it tries to readjust when stationary but if you're just watching the same channel you can shut off power to the dish to stop this (may have to turn it on to change channels). Really not a big deal for the flexiblity.

One other consideration on that is that Dish can do in motion HD, directtv cannot (at least not with the dish that was on mine). Furthermore Dish has a pay as you go program where you pay for a month up front then when its up they shut your service off. Just call back and pay again when you want another month. Been working great for the RV!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #162

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Joet19711 those 2 items are on the list they gave us of what's new with 2017. I am confident your coach will have them. It's a new one!!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post
Joet19711 those 2 items are on the list they gave us of what's new with 2017. I am confident your coach will have them. It's a new one!!
Yes, thanks, I was hoping that bclemens would confirm
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #164
Commercial Member

Sorry, I was in Tampa.

The shade is now standard for 2018...it was not before. So you will see some with and some without based on when the unit arrived...however, we changed over about mid 2017 as a running change just to get them rolling.

Countertop extension is floor plan specific. MOST of them will have one. I think the BH, did not, but I had engineer redesign the entry handle location so one would fit. The 37RB did not, but we're redesigning that one as well.

Its a little crazy, because if I think something should be there, I don't wait for model change...we just go ahead and do it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Sorry, I was in Tampa.

The shade is now standard for 2018...it was not before. So you will see some with and some without based on when the unit arrived...however, we changed over about mid 2017 as a running change just to get them rolling.

Countertop extension is floor plan specific. MOST of them will have one. I think the BH, did not, but I had engineer redesign the entry handle location so one would fit. The 37RB did not, but we're redesigning that one as well.

Its a little crazy, because if I think something should be there, I don't wait for model change...we just go ahead and do it.
I was hoping that the one that is slated for me had those two items on it.
I was given a list named "What's new with 2017 DX3" and those two items are on the list. So can I then assume that everything on the list will be on the unit?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #166
Commercial Member

yes

Old 01-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #167

Quote:
yes
Thank you very much, we are anxiously awaiting delivery.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #168

I have a few safety questions:
1) Has the DX3 ever been crash tested? In context as I understand it, crash testing is often not done for RVs.
2) How has the DX3 faired in accidents? I had heard that one plus of Super C's is their safety and crash protection.
3) In an RV crash, one concern is having furniture, tvs, etc come flying towards the driver and passenger compartment. How has Dynamax addressed these RV typical concerns?
4) Are there driver and passenger side airbags in the DX3 as in cars? What about side or back airbags surrounding the driver or passenger?

Not seeing this information on the website. If there, please point me to it.

From a safety point of view, I'm trying to compare a Truck towing a 5th to a super C. The assumptions are that a super C is better than a Class A and regular C, but not a regular truck towing a 5th. The class B's are also pretty poor.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #169

Quote:
Sorry, I was in Tampa.

Im sure your employees must LOVE you.....ha!
Old 01-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #170
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos3 View Post
I have a few safety questions:
1) Has the DX3 ever been crash tested? In context as I understand it, crash testing is often not done for RVs.
2) How has the DX3 faired in accidents? I had heard that one plus of Super C's is their safety and crash protection.
3) In an RV crash, one concern is having furniture, tvs, etc come flying towards the driver and passenger compartment. How has Dynamax addressed these RV typical concerns?
4) Are there driver and passenger side airbags in the DX3 as in cars? What about side or back airbags surrounding the driver or passenger?

Not seeing this information on the website. If there, please point me to it.

From a safety point of view, I'm trying to compare a Truck towing a 5th to a super C. The assumptions are that a super C is better than a Class A and regular C, but not a regular truck towing a 5th. The class B's are also pretty poor.
1. Nothing over 10,000 requires crash testing. Having said that, the M2 has certainly been crashed tested, some data attached.
2. I have never heard of any accidents that resulted in injuries. (knock on wood). I do know, that outside of safety, the nice thing about the M2 (as opposed to a Class A) is that the parts are all readily available and widely used. If you get in a fender-bender...buy a new bumper (or break away portion of the bumper). On a Class A, you're doing lots of repair work, or a whole new cap. That cap is proprietary to that mfg along with the glass in most cases.
3.all mfg's have to address this...which is why all the furniture is bolted down, appliances in.
4. no air bags in something that large. Normally you are hitting something, it is not hitting you.

I'm not sure on the safety of a truck/trailer. I assume passengers all have 3 point seat belts...but in a head-on, you have the damage to the front and one every large 5th wheel wanting to ram you from behind. I do know of a guy (install error I'm sure) that hit the brakes hard and the 5th wheel came thought the rear windshield. Truck with 5th wheel you are also lower to the ground. Up high in an M2...you are above the fray in most situations.

I think in any logical comparison...a 33,000 GVWR commercial truck would win every time from a safety standpoint. Its really apples to oranges.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Crash Test Brochure Pages.pdf (573.1 KB, 76 views)

Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #171

Bclemens: is the fluid in the AquaHot that you are installing "Century Transfer Fluid" the yellow color or something else?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #172
Commercial Member

Boiler fluid is all I know.

Propylene Glycol

Old 02-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #173

Quote:
Boiler fluid is all I know.

Propylene Glycol
I don't know much about it, but I have seen different color's. Camco is a pinkish color and Century is yellow. Didn't want to buy the wrong thing.

You were right on about transport, being driven out on Sunday.
thanks again for your help
Old 02-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #174
Commercial Member

Ohh...no, the pink stuff is RV antifreeze. You shouldn't be adding anything to my knowledge...at least to the boiler lines. If you winterize, you'll run the pink stuff through the water lines, which will include the waterline portion of the Aquhot.

You only need to add the Propylene Glycol when the fluid degrades over time.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #175

Quote:
Ohh...no, the pink stuff is RV antifreeze. You shouldn't be adding anything to my knowledge...at least to the boiler lines. If you winterize, you'll run the pink stuff through the water lines, which will include the waterline portion of the Aquhot.

You only need to add the Propylene Glycol when the fluid degrades over
time.
Camco makes a pink "Boiler Fluid" as well. I have read the Aqua Hot service manual and they recommend Camco boiler fluid when you have to add, so was just wondering what was in there now.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #176

You can use this as well. They sell it at most auto parts stores. It's the same ingredients as what should be in an aqua hot
Attached Images

Ryan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
You can use this as well. They sell it at most auto parts stores. It's the same ingredients as what should be in an aqua hot
Okay Ryan, thanks for the tip.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Buying in Canada.
35% exchange rate doesn't help buying in the states.
And don't forget the sales tax on the full amount calculated in CAD and no reduction for a trade. So in actuality it will amount to around 45% plus on any vehicle brought in from the US.

Example - So you pay $100,000 USD for a MH, convert to CAD and now you're at roughly $135K CAD plus 13% sales tax and you are at $152K
A trade would reduce what you pay, but tax would still be on $135K CAD.
Can't win.

Plus some unscrupulous dealers here are using exchange rates of 50% when comparing prices to US MHs.

I'm glad I bought my current MH when the dollar was at par, but now I'm looking at Super C's but have to swallow hard at the prices. Also a real lack of used Super C's for sale in Canada (I mean the ones with real truck front ends).

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:13 AM   #179

My aquahot on my 2016 was low so I ended up getting a couple of gallons just to have on hand. FWIW mine was the yellow stuff. I had a hell of a time finding it but turned out amazon carries it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That was the exact stuff recommended by aqua hot iirc

If you end up with the pink camco stuff that's a lot easier to find I remember.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #180

Yes, I bought a couple gals the other day from Amazon.

Dx3 arrived at the dealer yesterday, and going to make the trade Wed or

Thurs. Dealer was looking for the 3" to 2" adapter for the receiver and they

could not find it. Might have to buy one of them from Amazon as we are

going to FL next week and need to tow our car.