Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #1

Dynamax DX3 37BH

Any comments, concerns, advice?

Is it a Four season coach with the Aqua-Hot System?

I am getting ready to take test drive. How does it compare to a DP?

Thanks for the comments.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

In my opinion a super c on a Freightliner doesn't compare to a dp. It is much easier to drive and safer (opinion). All of the dp we drove wandered and felt unsafe, the Dynamax is like driving a pickup truck.
Heated wet bays, and I believe an aquahot in DX3, but someone else can confirm that.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 12-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #3

Confirmed aquahot

I am really impressed with how all the antifreeze lines for the aquahot are run in the same cavities as the water lines. Definite peace of mind.

Fresh water and aqua hot lines under the bed are another genius design imo.

We've camped in ours down to 20. It gets a bit chilly in the front of the coach but we're going to run a plug in dealie up there. Rest of the coach stays nice and toasty

Drives and tows like a dream. I think my jeep is tougher to handle on a windy day.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #4

I've had 2 type A gas motorhomes and my DX3 is much better to drive in the wind and in the mountains
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
We just ordered our DX3 last month, and can't wait to get it!! We traded our 40ft Tiffin phaeton DP. Drove it a couple times but stopped, I was too afraid to drive it, and didn't like riding in it either. Always felt like it was floating. My husband had to do all the driving, and planning a trip out west, I didn't want to drive or ride in the DP. I test drove a "Force", not afraid, like driving a truck, solid. I also feel safer with the engine in front of me and front tires in front instead of behind like our DP. Some people love their class A's and think they drive great, they need to drive a Dynam
letsgorving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #6

while I have not put on as many miles as the other guys, I can second their comments. I pulled a 24' enclosed trailer 600 x 2. At the end of a long day of driving, I felt as if I drove an hour vs feeling beat up driving my 2016 Dodge Ram 3500. Much less driver fatigue and never even felt the trailer behind me.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Any comments, concerns, advice?

Is it a Four season coach with the Aqua-Hot System?

I am getting ready to take test drive. How does it compare to a DP?

Thanks for the comments.
Update: Very impressive test drive, still have some questions, and hope

someone can comment.

1. No ladder access to roof. What kind of ladder do you use and how do
you store it.?
2. Fuel tanks. One fuel gauge reads both tanks. But you still must fill both
tanks individually ?
3. How do you winterize fresh water system? 12 pump appears to be in
bedroom under king bed. What do you do?
4. This one has the solar system with a 30A controller. How exactly do you
use it?
Just trying to clear up some of my questions..

thanks
Old 12-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #8

Ladder - I bought one of these and carry it in the basement. It's not going to last forever but it works and is pretty compact. https://www.amazon.com/Xtend-Climb-7...scoping+ladder

Fuel tanks are tied with a powered equalizer pump. When running they'll even out but still want to fill both. I stick to the truck stops or truck diesel lanes with the high flow pumps and filling both at the same time is no issue.

I pumped anti freeze from an external sump pump in a bucket through the city water hookup this year. Plan at some point may be to add a 3 way valve to the RV pump to allow it to pull from the wet bay. Other option would be just to pull the hose off the fresh water tank and use it to pull out of a bucket (under the bed).

Mine doesnt have the solar so no help here but I'm looking into adding it. It should have a controller that will charge the batteries for you and then you can use the inverter as normal.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
Update: Very impressive test drive, still have some questions, and hope

someone can comment.

1. No ladder access to roof. What kind of ladder do you use and how do
you store it.?
2. Fuel tanks. One fuel gauge reads both tanks. But you still must fill both
tanks individually ?
3. How do you winterize fresh water system? 12 pump appears to be in
bedroom under king bed. What do you do?
4. This one has the solar system with a 30A controller. How exactly do you
use it?
Just trying to clear up some of my questions..

thanks
1. I used an Extend and Climb, folds up really nice, all aluminum, I put it in one of the storage bins. This is nicer to me, I can use the ladder all around the RV, not limited to just going up onto the roof.
2. You fill each tank individually, and from what many of us have found out the gauge isn't very accurate. Fill the passenger side first, then the drivers. Also I recommend getting a ScanGauge Diesel, the computer plugs into the port under the dash and helps track mileage etc...
3. I dont winterize, but FourWheeler and some of the others can help you with that.
4. No idea on solar, sorry.

Good luck, hope you end up buying. enjoy.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:16 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Solar just works. Its really just there to provide a charge to the batteries keeping them fresh. That way in storage (assuming not indoors...although if so, leave lights the shop lights on). It will prolong the life of the batteries and prevent parasitic draws from killing them.

As for the tanks. I am being told there is no more equalizer like before. Federal government in case of a wreck felt like they could be spewing fuel out of both tanks. I need to get more info, but I am being told the engine pulls full from BOTH tanks at the same time to a Y maybe and then there is some return line that is supposed to balance things out eventually.

Now that you've had my very scientific explanation, let me go find out some details.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #11
Commercial Member

OK..so the scientific term is "Dual Feed-Dual Return".

The return will balance out the tanks as long as you are driving or put the vehicle in "high idle". So our gen feeds off the driver tank. If you run that down, you could start the engine, put it in high idle and at least get another half tank.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Solar just works. Its really just there to provide a charge to the batteries keeping them fresh. That way in storage (assuming not indoors...although if so, leave lights the shop lights on). It will prolong the life of the batteries and prevent parasitic draws from killing them.

As for the tanks. I am being told there is no more equalizer like before. Federal government in case of a wreck felt like they could be spewing fuel out of both tanks. I need to get more info, but I am being told the engine pulls full from BOTH tanks at the same time to a Y maybe and then there is some return line that is supposed to balance things out eventually.

Now that you've had my very scientific explanation, let me go find out some details.
I am getting ready to make a trade, and wanted to ask these questions before hand.

Still do not under stand how the one fuel gauge and tankage works.
It has a Aqua-Hot 400D, and generator. So they must all draw from a main line coming off both tanks? Or do they draw from a certain tank? is there a drawing of the fuel lines available ??

Another question: the 20,000 lb hitch: is the receiver 3" x 3" or 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" ?

Is there any system or equipment that has a common problem for anyone?

Thanks for all of your comments.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #13

Quote:
OK..so the scientific term is "Dual Feed-Dual Return".

The return will balance out the tanks as long as you are driving or put the vehicle in "high idle". So our gen feeds off the driver tank. If you run that down, you could start the engine, put it in high idle and at least get another half tank.
You answered one of my questions: Which tank does the Aqua-Hot 400D feed from?
Old 12-15-2016, 04:57 PM   #14

I will say having a propane aqua-hot having the D is the way to go. I can only run the heat for 2-3 days in sub 20 temps without needing to refill. I'd guess a full diesel tank will last double that or more.

This is the 3"x3" hitch on mine https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Reese/38208.html

You can buy an adapter to take it down to 2" for other uses also https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TNHANM...I2MIKL850BJ1N3
Old 12-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Hitch is 3x3. Someone on here had a 3x2 reducer from Pull Rite...I started shipping those loose recently.

Aquahot is Driver side.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Hitch is 3x3. Someone on here had a 3x2 reducer from Pull Rite...I started shipping those loose recently.

Aquahot is Driver side.

So If I buy, will you send me one of the reducer's??

thanks for the info..
Old 12-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
I will say having a propane aqua-hot having the D is the way to go. I can only run the heat for 2-3 days in sub 20 temps without needing to refill. I'd guess a full diesel tank will last double that or more.

This is the 3"x3" hitch on mine https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Reese/38208.html

You can buy an adapter to take it down to 2" for other uses also https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TNHANM...I2MIKL850BJ1N3
Do you use that adapter??
And could you tell me the distance from the ground to the center of the 3" square receiver on your hitch ?

thanks
Old 12-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #18

If they don't send you one, I have a used one and would be glad to ship it to you. It just sitting around. No charge for a fellow Dynamax owner. Proof of purchase required, LMAO.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
If they don't send you one, I have a used one and would be glad to ship it to you. It just sitting around. No charge for a fellow Dynamax owner. Proof of purchase required, LMAO.

Yes, thanks

One more question: Am I reading this right, there is a full 2 year warranty on the Dynamax?
Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #20

yes, great warranty. The warranty department is great to work with. Unfortunately, my two years is running out in 2017.