Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #21

Factory support is outstanding and what other forum has a factory GM (bclemens) supporting customers prior to, during, and after the sale? (NONE)
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go UK View Post
Sorry Brian, did not mean to imply that you were denying responsibility. I was however, inferring, that the person who installed the solar had made a mistake, either by measurement or reference point, honest mistake and probably felt bad once it was pointed out. The person that installed the A/C was lazy and a bit conniving and almost got away with it. Unless this was the first or second unit they had ever installed they would have known not to install it on the solar panel. If they were using good judgement they would not have installed it on the solar panel. Something done intentionally is not a mistake. Saying that, I also always think that you never know what is happening in someone else's world. Hope I get the chance to buy you a beer someday.
If you come to the rally in June, you maybe able to do that
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #23

BClemens is the only reason I bought a Dynamax Rev instead of a comparable Winnebago product. I followed this forum for some time before I went to look at a Rev, having pretty well decided to buy from that company in Forest City, IA.
Factory service and support is unequaled (yes I've had experiences with both) as far as I can see unless you get into the Rolls Royce class of RV's
droadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #24

Is there an issue with water leaks or issue with Solar Panel?

With the A/C install that is not level, are water leaks of concern? With pressure of the AC on the edge/body of the Solar Panel is the panel damaged or will it get damaged in time?
To me the solution is to remove the AC, remove the solar panels, fix all points of penetration and reinstall properly(which could mean a new roof).
George-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #25

I totally agree with George B. FREE WILLIE! Get the AC unit off (come on guys its 4 bolts and unclip the wiring harness). That panel is putting out less than half amps and depending on how you wire it (series or parallel) the other panels will be impacted. Shipping on a decent sized panel runs $100. You could buy alot of beer with that.....
hikerpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
Commercial Member

One, its an 1/8" thick flex panel.

Two...the AC actually mounts on a 14" x 14" gasket that is far inside the outer shell of the AC. That really keeps the edges of the AC off of the roof for the most part. If this is MY coach. I want the extra panel for free to take it to 300-ish (slightly under of course) watts.

Just a little something from the GoPower site about their flex panel.

The Go Power! Solar Flex™ panel is aerodynamic and DURABLE—a virtually unbreakable solar battery charger for RVs, boats, work trucks, long-haul trailers, and sleeper cabs. This solar panel conforms to almost any surface and is designed to provide a powerful charging solution for batteries. The high-efficiency monocrystalline cells produce more power per square foot than any other flexible panel on the market.

An impermeable lamination coats the entire Solar Flex™ module, allowing it to contour and flex against curved surfaces, eliminating any need for custom mounts. The panel can be affixed by adhesive or screws, and grommets are provided for ease of installation. The thin, lightweight module can also be sewn into canvas, making this a truly versatile solar module.

So, fan the flames, but make sure you know all the facts.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #27

Not trying to fan the flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

Two...the AC actually mounts on a 14" x 14" gasket that is far inside the outer shell of the AC. That really keeps the edges of the AC off of the roof for the most part. If this is MY coach. I want the extra panel for free to take it to 300-ish (slightly under of course) watts.

The Go Power! Solar Flex™ panel is aerodynamic and DURABLE—a virtually unbreakable solar battery charger for RVs, boats, work trucks, long-haul trailers, and sleeper cabs. This solar panel conforms to almost any surface and is designed to provide a powerful charging solution for batteries. The high-efficiency monocrystalline cells produce more power per square foot than any other flexible panel on the market.

An impermeable lamination coats the entire Solar Flex™ module, allowing it to contour and flex against curved surfaces, eliminating any need for custom mounts. The panel can be affixed by adhesive or screws, and grommets are provided for ease of installation. The thin, lightweight module can also be sewn into canvas, making this a truly versatile solar module.

I was not trying to fan the flames, you are a very well respected GM, just asking based on the picture provided. The picture shows 3 cushions between the face of the panel and bottom of the AC raising the AC above the edge of the panel.
George-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #28
Site Team

Just a wild guess, but I would bet that the mounting locations for the AC units are deigned into the roof and their location is not flexible. Therefore panels were mounted incorrectly which Brian has acknowledged. From the discussion a win win solution has been offered and the assy line has already been notified as to the correction. Only wish Brian was Manager of the div that made my TT.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #29

Solution found

KUDOs to bclemens for handling this issue just right. His response was fast and direct. I think this issue can be put to bed. The additional panel will make up for the loss on the first panel, and there is no hard contact on the cells (just foam pads).

Thank you Dynamax for having great support.

Bob Chacon
bobchacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #30

Quote:

My next RV most likely will be from Dynamax. My only concern will be what will happen when BClemens retires or decides to move on to greener pastures. When I bought my Primetime RV, we too had Management participation on the Primetime Forum. Real time resolutions to issues that propped up with new units. Even took input for improvements. That has changed. Most of the "Plankowners" are long gone, with the outstanding customer service.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #31

Brian said he is there for at least 20 more years, and current Dynamax owners get to help find his replacement after retirement. LMAO.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #32

Brian onboard for 20 years

That's really good news for Dynamax, and Dynamax owners!
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #33

Just waiting for Brian to read this post. Lol
Old 02-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #34
Old Engineer

This is a failure of post build quality assurance inspection.
How did it leave the factory in this condition?
Looks like there are three spacers/pads sitting on the surface of the solar panel, between the a/c unit and the panel elements.
The solar panel will eventually fail.
FleckDreher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #35

I think this thread can be terminated. Mistake at factory that wasn't caught. When brought to the attention of the manufacturer, steps were taken to avoid a repeat of the problem and an offer made to correct the problem. I won't be following this thread any longer.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Kudos to bclemens! Great save! This is awesome customer service! This is how it's done!
+1
I also hope that bclemens will still be around when we purchase our Dynamax !

Bravo.
chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #37
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Brian said he is there for at least 20 more years, and current Dynamax owners get to help find his replacement after retirement. LMAO.
My son is on here too now, training to take over the empire! @ 16 though...he's got some time to go yet.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #38

Quote:
My son is on here too now, training to take over the empire! @ 16 though...he's got some time to go yet.
So we should start the interview process in June at the Rally? Make sure he brings his resume.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:58 PM   #39

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Where's the "like" button!!!!
Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #40
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
So we should start the interview process in June at the Rally? Make sure he brings his resume.
He was probably the most excited of anyone for the June trip, but we just found out that it falls on the same week as a school trip to Germany he was already slated for. He even thought for a moment about skipping the school trip, but we told him would would make sure there was a 2nd annual.