Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

Not sure what you mean by the Sport Coach. We no longer build the Grand Sport..if that's what you mean.
I'm sure thats what he was referring to. Too bad you still don't offer that coach. It was a beautiful work of art. Almost bought one used. We just couldn't get the numbers right.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #22

We were looking at 2016 vs 2018 Force HD 37TS. Both were new. There were so many little things and improvements added to the 2018 that it made our decision to go 2018 much easier.

1) Divider door between living area and bathroom area
2) Upgraded sofas with integrated cup holders and better pull out beds
3) Longer booth dinette
4) Electric trailer tow controller--now standard
5) Manual rear air bag dump
6) USB power at either side of the bed
7) Better configuration of the bedroom cabinets
8) Stainless kitchen sink
9) New design on tile back splashes
10) Air dam on the front bumper
11) Window up/down button on the passenger cab door
12) New brand stereo head unit with better camera controls and RV Nav

I'm sure there may be more that we haven't noticed yet.

I know you are looking at a different model, but maybe the same floor plan. My point is that a lot does happen year to year. If it's in your budget then new is the way to go. You just have to do your own cost-benefit analysis. Either way--you've chosen the right manufacturer. Take it from me. I'm making the move to Dynamax and am very excited to pick up our Force HD next week.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
We were looking at 2016 vs 2018 Force HD 37TS. Both were new. There were so many little things and improvements added to the 2018 that it made our decision to go 2018 much easier.

1) Divider door between living area and bathroom area
2) Upgraded sofas with integrated cup holders and better pull out beds
3) Longer booth dinette
4) Electric trailer tow controller--now standard
5) Manual rear air bag dump
6) USB power at either side of the bed
7) Better configuration of the bedroom cabinets
8) Stainless kitchen sink
9) New design on tile back splashes
10) Air dam on the front bumper
11) Window up/down button on the passenger cab door
12) New brand stereo head unit with better camera controls and RV Nav

I'm sure there may be more that we haven't noticed yet.

I know you are looking at a different model, but maybe the same floor plan. My point is that a lot does happen year to year. If it's in your budget then new is the way to go. You just have to do your own cost-benefit analysis. Either way--you've chosen the right manufacturer. Take it from me. I'm making the move to Dynamax and am very excited to pick up our Force HD next week.
Planning a visit to North Trail to take a look. Don't really want to eat the depriciation of new. Especially when there are so many pristine used coaches for sale.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #24

That's the 2016 we were considering. The one at North Trail RV in Florida. Hope it works out for ya!
Old 04-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #25

Quote:
That's the 2016 we were considering. The one at North Trail RV in Florida. Hope it works out for ya!
Did you do business with them?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
Did you do business with them?
Oh, I see you live in PA so probably not!
Old 04-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Oh, I see you live in PA so probably not!

You assumed correctly. :-)
We bought from TerryTown RV in Michigan.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #28

Quote:
You assumed correctly. :-)
We bought from TerryTown RV in Michigan.
Did you shop hard or other factors led you there. Did you shop the Internet or phone the dealers?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #29

Shopped the internet. Went to a show in Hershey, PA. Was already to order one and the one we purchased popped up on RVTrader.com. We got lucky.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Shopped the internet. Went to a show in Hershey, PA. Was already to order one and the one we purchased popped up on RVTrader.com. We got lucky.
I didn't see an Aqua Hot system on the North Trail unit. Is Aqua Hot a big deal?
Old 04-15-2017, 01:40 PM   #31

None of the Force HD doesn't have Aqua Hot...only the DX3 and up. It's not a big deal unless you plan on dry camping for extended periods of time.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #32

Quote:
None of the Force HD doesn't have Aqua Hot...only the DX3 and up. It's not a big deal unless you plan on dry camping for extended periods of time.
Kind of what I figured. Not a big deal to me! Rather have 70 gal grey water tank!!
Old 04-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #33

Just saw my double negative. Oops. Looks like you knew what I meant though. No matter what model you pick, you can't go wrong with Dynamax.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #34

Question to Shultz what did you need to do for driving test in PA for air brakes thanks
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #35

PA Non-commercial DL types:
Non-commercial Driver's Licenses

• CLASS A (minimum age 18): Required to operate any combination of vehicles with a gross weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, where the vehicle(s) being towed is/are in excess of 10,000 pounds. Example: Recreational Vehicle, when the towing vehicle is rated at 11,000 pounds and the vehicle towed is rated at 15,500 pounds (total combination weight of 26,500 pounds).
  • CLASS B (minimum age 18): Required to operate any single vehicle rated in excess of 26,000 pounds. Example: Motor homes rated at 26,001 pounds or more.
  • CLASS C (minimum age 16): A Class C driver's license will be issued to persons 16 years of age or older, who have demonstrated their qualifications to operate any vehicles, except those requiring a Class M qualification, and who do not meet the definitions of Class A or Class B. Any firefighter or member of a rescue or emergency squad who is the holder of a Class C driver's license and who has a certificate of authorization from a fire chief or head of the rescue or emergency squad will be authorized to operate any fire or emergency vehicle registered to that fire department, rescue or emergency squad or municipality(emergency use only). The holder of a Class C license is authorized to drive a motor-driven cycle with an automatic transmission and cylinder capacity of 50 CCs or less, a 3-wheeled motorcycle with an enclosed cab or an autocycle.
  • CLASS M (minimum age 16): A Class M driver's license will be issued to those persons 16 years of age or older who have demonstrated their ability to operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. If a person is qualified to operate only a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle, he/she will be issued a Class M driver's license. If you test on a motor-driven cycle, an "8" restriction will appear on your driver's license. This restriction prohibits you from operating a motorcycle. If you test on a 3-wheeled motorcycle, a "9" restriction will appear on your driver's license. This restriction prohibits you from operating a 2-wheeled motorcycle.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #36

Quote:

• CLASS A (minimum age 18): Required to operate any combination of vehicles with a gross weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, where the vehicle(s) being towed is/are in excess of 10,000 pounds. Example: Recreational Vehicle, when the towing vehicle is rated at 11,000 pounds and the vehicle towed is rated at 15,500 pounds (total combination weight of 26,500 pounds).
  • CLASS B (minimum age 18): Required to operate any single vehicle rated in excess of 26,000 pounds. Example: Motor homes rated at 26,001 pounds or more.
  • CLASS C (minimum age 16): A Class C driver's license will be issued to persons 16 years of age or older, who have demonstrated their qualifications to operate any vehicles, except those requiring a Class M qualification, and who do not meet the definitions of Class A or Class B. Any firefighter or member of a rescue or emergency squad who is the holder of a Class C driver's license and who has a certificate of authorization from a fire chief or head of the rescue or emergency squad will be authorized to operate any fire or emergency vehicle registered to that fire department, rescue or emergency squad or municipality(emergency use only). The holder of a Class C license is authorized to drive a motor-driven cycle with an automatic transmission and cylinder capacity of 50 CCs or less, a 3-wheeled motorcycle with an enclosed cab or an autocycle.
  • CLASS M (minimum age 16): A Class M driver's license will be issued to those persons 16 years of age or older who have demonstrated their ability to operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle. If a person is qualified to operate only a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle, he/she will be issued a Class M driver's license. If you test on a motor-driven cycle, an "8" restriction will appear on your driver's license. This restriction prohibits you from operating a motorcycle. If you test on a 3-wheeled motorcycle, a "9" restriction will appear on your driver's license. This restriction prohibits you from operating a 2-wheeled motorcycle.
I was wondering the same thing. Did you have to test for the class B or just request it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired on a mountain View Post
Question to Shultz what did you need to do for driving test in PA for air brakes thanks
Old 04-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #37

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing. Did you have to test for the class B or just request it?
Just checked my FL DMV and no CDL is required to drive an RV or straight non commercial duty.
Quote:

Old 04-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #38

Quote:
Just checked my FL DMV and no CDL is required to drive an RV or straight non commercial duty.
Unless I'm reading this wrong.

CDL Exemptions

The following persons are exempt from the requirements to obtain a commercial driver license:

Drivers of authorized emergency vehicles that are equipped with extraordinary audible warning devices that display red or blue lights and are on call to respond to emergencies;or
Military personnel driving military vehicles; or
Farmers transporting farm supplies or farm machinery, or transporting agricultural products to or from the first place of storage or processing or directly to or from market, within 150 miles of their farm; or

Drivers of recreational vehicles used for recreational purposes; or
Drivers who operate straight trucks (single units) that are exclusively transporting their own tangible personal property which is not for sale.

An employee of a publicly owned transit system who is limited to moving vehicles for maintenance or parking purposes exclusively within the restricted-access confines of a transit system's property.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #39

I'm doing some more research on family motor coach site there's all kinds of story's between states I'll start a new topic see how this goes thanks
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #40

you're right that it varies by state.

FWIW here's Illinois: I contacted my secretary of state. While yes RVs are exempt from CDLs, you're still required to have a license for the class/weight of your vehicle. With these that means a Class B (unlimited weight, 10k trailer limit). Illinois has a Non-CDL Class B is what they call it. Amounted to a different rules of the road written test to get a permit then a road test very similar to the regular license but in the MH.

For other states I'd dig into whether they have the Non-CDL classes of license, in which case that's most likely your ticket.