Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #1

Dynamax Owners In San Antonio & South TX

Can anyone in this area tell me where you go for Dynamax service? The closest dealers we know of are in Houston and Alvarado, but that's at least 200 miles away.
Thanks much.
Cactus Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #2

Depends on what you need serviced. If its components, then there are quite a few options that are not Dynamax dealers. I live just below the dam at Canyon Lake and there are two RV repair only facilities that do warranty work for Suburban, Atwood, Dometic, etc.

You didn't say what Dynamax model you either own or are considering for purchase.

I would not go to the Dynamax dealer (I bought my Isata 3 in Alvarado) unless it was something wrong with the RV structure and if it was significant, I would go to the factory for warranty work. Fortunately, I have had zero issues with my rig after the first 8 months.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #3

Thanks. We are really close to getting a Force HD. It's good to know there is at least one other Dynamax in the area. The dealer in Alvarado has a really poor reputation, and I am looking for closer and better options for routine service and repairs. We are hoping we won't need a lot of warranty work done, but feel we should be prepared.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #4

We live in Austin and purchased our Force HD from the dealer in Alvarado. We had a good purchase experience there. (Brandon was our sales guy.)

My only experience with their service department was overwhelmingly positive, which was an unexpected surprise. I mean, I was in and out in less than a day, they washed the whole thing, AND fueled it up.

Long winded details below...

I'd read some really bad reviews of their service department so I was worried about that. My first two issues were that the microwave just completely died, and then I had gray water tank that was leaking.

I knew 100% that the microwave had just died, that it was not some electrical issue in the coach. What I didn't want to do was take it in there and have them spend a week to diagnose the same thing, then wait another week to get a new one in. I talked to the service manager about this, he understood....I just sent him a quick video of the problem (using a outlet tester, etc.) and to my surprise he agreed to just order the new microwave so we could do a quick in and out service.

When it came in, I drove up there, they let me spend the night in their full hookup site. The got the RV first thing in the morning, set me up with a nice spot to setup my laptop to work, and got to fixing it.

They both of the major items very quick, then they completely washed the coach and filled it full of diesel. They were really on it.

They seemed genuinely interested in making it a great experience, and that was the big surprise.

My only minor complaint is that I had them take a look small drip in the water bay, and the tech agreed to fix it. I don't know if he forgot or just didn't get it right, but that was still leaking when I got it home. I eventually just fixed that my self.

I have trust issues taking my stuff to be repaired by others, but to their credit I had a good experience that time.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #5

Thanks much. I guess I should give them a chance, realizing that people are more inclined to post negative comments than positive.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:25 AM   #6

We tried the dealer in Alvarado for the first time 2 yrs ago and it was the worst experience ever. Long story short we sold that RV early last year and are in the process of buying a Dynamax DX3 we went to give them a chance again but quickly realized we had made a mistake. The next closet coach that is like we want it is in Arizona. We leave in the morning for Arizona. That's how much I dislike that place. That's my 2 cents.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:33 AM   #7

MHS in Alvarado was the best RV dealership experience I've ever had and this is our 7th RV. We spent the night there when we purchased and had them fix a couple issues before we left and they were very efficient and cooperative. All and all a wonderful experience. We have 3 Dynamax dealers within 50 miles from where we live in Ohio. None of them could come close to the deal we received at MHS. As far as warranty repairs since then we took it to the factory in Elkhart for some minor repairs. Wow!, what a great experience that was. BC and his crew were amazing and I can't say enough good about them. Welcome to the Dynamax family. See you on the road.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:15 AM   #8

It's a gamble... you may get a unit that was built correctly and need little to no service, in most cases all dealers can handle minor issues. My Jayco was great, I had no dealer to service it but Jayco handled everything directly to perfection. My Isata 5... a complete nightmare.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote