Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #1

Dynamax REV

hi, i have problems with the water heater, the fame goes out after about 30 seconds of running warm water. i reset it and it stays on for a bit. anyway, can anyone help me? also, the toilet is one that uses water and flushes somewhat like a house one. my question is, would a toilet with a foot pedal fit the same mounting holes etc? thanks
waynemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:12 PM   #2

Assuming you have the Truma Combi, there is only 2 gallons of hot water. Are you sure the flame is going out, or are you running out of hot water?
chfwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemaxx View Post
hi, i have problems with the water heater, the fame goes out after about 30 seconds of running warm water. i reset it and it stays on for a bit. anyway, can anyone help me? also, the toilet is one that uses water and flushes somewhat like a house one. my question is, would a toilet with a foot pedal fit the same mounting holes etc? thanks

Which model REV do you have? My REV has a foot pedal on the toilet.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:05 PM   #4

Dynamax Rev Model RVC24TB

I should have included the info above in the first post. My water heater is an Atwood OD50. That's a tankless, on demand LP gas water heater.

Regarding my question on the toilet, we have a Thetford TECNA wit dual electric flush buttons. It seems to use quite a bit of water. another unit I rented previously had a toilet with a foot pedal flush that worked fine, and used much less water. I figured if it was an easy switch I would consider changing it. So, any advice any of you can give me? Waynemaxx
waynemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:35 PM   #5

Quote:
I should have included the info above in the first post. My water heater is an Atwood OD50. That's a tankless, on demand LP gas water heater.

Regarding my question on the toilet, we have a Thetford TECNA wit dual electric flush buttons. It seems to use quite a bit of water. another unit I rented previously had a toilet with a foot pedal flush that worked fine, and used much less water. I figured if it was an easy switch I would consider changing it. So, any advice any of you can give me? Waynemaxx
Sorry, my heater and toilet are different than yours. I won’t be much help.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:

With the Atwood, if you have had the recall work done, then there is a minimum flow rate that is required. I think it is 1.5gpm. If you are mixing hot and cold, it is difficult to get this flow with the low flow fixtures.

You can't change to a foot flush gravity toilet. The reason you have the macerating tiles is because the discharge is pumped over to the tank.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #7

Waynemax

You must have the REV 24 TB, which has the flushing toilet, which we prefer. If you push both buttons at the same time it uses much less water.
2018 Dynamax REV 24 TB Sold 2/2021
porsche84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche84 View Post
Waynemax

You must have the REV 24 TB, which has the flushing toilet, which we prefer. If you push both buttons at the same time it uses much less water.
Yeah, I remember the days when Dynamax didn’t have flush toilets. Just a hole in the floor and a chair with seat cut out.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:08 AM   #9

There is an adjustment for the toilet water level in the manual.... which I don't happen to have on hand.
Make certain you're using the correct buttons. One is for liquid only, the other for solids. The liquid one uses less water.
Pushing both buttons at once is for emptying the bowl of water before getting on the road. During normal use, you want to keep some water in the bowl.

ALSO, be aware that the sink in the bathroom goes directly into the black water tank. That fills it up really fast.

With the water heater, we've found that if you keep the hot water on and just add cold water to adjust the temp, you get better results. Once you turn of the hot water faucet, the flame will go out. You don't have to have the hot water on full blast. The manual says that studies show you use about the same amount of water if you just leave it on during a shower as you would if you turn it on and off. ( And if you haven't guessed, I'm a compulsive manual reader.)
Old 11-13-2018, 10:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
There is an adjustment for the toilet water level in the manual.... which I don't happen to have on hand.
Make certain you're using the correct buttons. One is for liquid only, the other for solids. The liquid one uses less water.
Pushing both buttons at once is for emptying the bowl of water before getting on the road. During normal use, you want to keep some water in the bowl.

ALSO, be aware that the sink in the bathroom goes directly into the black water tank. That fills it up really fast.

With the water heater, we've found that if you keep the hot water on and just add cold water to adjust the temp, you get better results. Once you turn of the hot water faucet, the flame will go out. You don't have to have the hot water on full blast. The manual says that studies show you use about the same amount of water if you just leave it on during a shower as you would if you turn it on and off. ( And if you haven't guessed, I'm a compulsive manual reader.)
In order to have a shower without burning my nether parts I have to turn on the sink hot water tap and let it run on low as I shower with the hot on full and a little cold to cool it. Works more or less but isn't ideal. Are you sure that the bathroom sink water goes into the black tank? I do like the Truma electronic flush toilet with maserator. cheers. Love our TB also a 2015 Rev 24TB.
AL
fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #11

You can also slow down total water flow with the button on the shower head, if volume is of a concern
Old 11-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpaddler1 View Post
Are you sure that the bathroom sink water goes into the black tank? I do like the Truma electronic flush toilet with maserator. cheers. Love our TB also a 2015 Rev 24TB.
AL
We have the exact same unit and I am absolutely certain that the bathroom sink goes into the black tank. We had the exact same problem with the black water tank filling quickly. Once we adjusted the way we use water in that bathroom sink the problem went away.

I think that the reason has to do with the macerator toilet. If you want to empty the black water tank and there is not much in the tank, the only way to add water without flushing 1,000 times is to use the bathroom sink.

When hooked up to a sewer connection so that you can empty it when full, try filling the sink a few times and check the black water tank level. You'll see it filling up.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #13

I have verified that the bathroom sink drains into the black water tank. Are you sure this is a macerator toilet?
Old 11-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
We have the exact same unit and I am absolutely certain that the bathroom sink goes into the black tank. We had the exact same problem with the black water tank filling quickly. Once we adjusted the way we use water in that bathroom sink the problem went away.

I think that the reason has to do with the macerator toilet. If you want to empty the black water tank and there is not much in the tank, the only way to add water without flushing 1,000 times is to use the bathroom sink.

When hooked up to a sewer connection so that you can empty it when full, try filling the sink a few times and check the black water tank level. You'll see it filling up.
What a surprise. Glad you let me know. Do I leave Black valve open all the time or still leave it closed until full then dump it? With the macerator toilet nothing should get stuck at the bottom...
fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:14 PM   #15

I've been told it is best not to leave the black valve open, the liquid helps "flush" the non-liquids. I usually empty the gray water after the black water, that way you end up with a much cleaner flex pipe when you unhook.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #16

Macerator toilets do not have a foot pedal. They have two buttons (usually on the sink cabinet) that you push to flush. One is for 'liquids', the other which uses more water, is for solids. I think the TB is the only REV model that has the macerator toilet. The toilet is in the middle of the rig. Thus the 'pumping' needed to empty the toilet.

We keep our sewer valves closed until dumping.

You also should have a 'black water tank' flush valve on the back of the unit. We leave the black water tank valve open. We have a clear elbow on the sewer hose. Then when you turn on the water to the black tank flush, you can see when the tank water comes out clear.