Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche84 View Post
On my trip last weekend were stuck in traffic. I followed a camper for some distance before I realized the name of the camper was Reflection, and I could see the reflection of the REV in his window,
Good anecdote.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:07 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecam View Post
I think there is a disagreement here. The chassis alternator does not charge the house batteries. There is a switch to start the engine with the house batteries. But I can not find any documentation mentioning that and my (incompetent) dealer said it doesn’t ( hmmmm then maybe it does .
I just check mine with the engine running and the house battery is charging

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Plus using Forest River Forums mobile app
nolanfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #263

just a question here ,Are your seats falling apart ? I have a 2016 Rev and the vinyl is peeling away on all my seats

Old 08-14-2018, 11:24 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanfla View Post
just a question here ,Are your seats falling apart ? I have a 2016 Rev and the vinyl is peeling away on all my seats

So far my seats are fine. I may replace some of the foam in the future but the covering is in good condition.

There was a lot of crappy vinyl imported from China and it was used by most manufacturers of RV’s. I have a reputable name brand sofa in my living room that is peeling.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #265

[emoji108]
Old 10-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #266

My 2015 REV seats are fine
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Did you try raising the bed with the dodge engine running?

Everything is a compromise, but you cannot put the bed back up if your coach batteries die, and if they die you cannot start the generator to refill them.
You have to go beg neighbors/hotels/restaurants to use an outdoor plug to power the RV and get yourself recharged.

I've changed my marine deep cycle batteries at Sam's before (didn't hold the charge) and now travel with one of those big power packs with which to start a car, so we're never stuck again.
No steps, and propane/smoke detectors ringing constantly if coach batteries are too low also, so that has been a life saver.
This is what I got for versatility: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps, Leen
[/QUOTE]

This is a late contribution. If your coach batteries die and you cannot start your generator to provide power to move bed down, simply start the RV engine which will provide power to charge your house batteries enough to allow you to either move the bed up or down or start the generator. I am bemused....
fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
So far my seats are fine. I may replace some of the foam in the future but the covering is in good condition.

There was a lot of crappy vinyl imported from China and it was used by most manufacturers of RV’s. I have a reputable name brand sofa in my living room that is peeling.
thank you for the comment
I have then covered , if I have visitors they always ask me how old my coach is because of course that's the first thing they see.all else is good, other then the seats
Old 11-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanfla View Post
thank you for the comment
I have then covered , if I have visitors they always ask me how old my coach is because of course that's the first thing they see.all else is good, other then the seats
Some more thoughts on your seats but I don’t know that any of these apply to you. These are based on my personal experience.

1. It took many years to figure out how my real leather sofa seat cushions were being damaged. We had two dogs that were getting blamed which had some validity. BUT THEN I realized that a friend was causing most of the scratches in the leather. She always wore jeans and she always had a key chain that had every key she might possibly need; maybe a couple of dozen. Some women have charm braclets, she had keys.

2. Boots that have ornaments on them. Boots that have little hooks for lacing instead of eyelets. Those things can do severe damage quickly.

3. Dog collars and dog nails.

4. Cats.

5. Human skin oil, hair oil and perspiration will deteriorate fake leather. If you see cracking and the material become hard and stiff than this is a clue that it is human skin oil.

6. Oil and dirt from dog fur. Not as bad as the human kind but will cause damage.

7. Cleaning solutions for the above. Many common cleaning solutions will dry out the material. Don’t use Glass cleaners, Lysol and alcohol based solutions. Mild, neutral ph soap is suggested by some manufacturers. I don’t know.

BTW, in my home we are using blankets and yards of vinyl to cover the sofas. Our visitors are probably turned off also.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #270

2018 Rev 24RB drop Bed questions

Hi, I have been looking at a used Rev 24RB, lightly used. The dealer was trying to explain the features but not sure they were completely familiar with the unit (probably true most of the time).

When he demonstrated the bed dropping from the ceiling, I noticed that once lowered, it would swing from side to side easily.
I wouldn't think it should swing while sleeping in it or am I wrong ?
Should it be resting on something ?
Is there room under the bed to use the Jackknife couch/dinette ?
Would you hit your head on the drop bed when in the lower bunk ?

Have not been able to find any good pictures of it all setup and being used.

Thanks for any insights.
Jim
UncJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:40 PM   #271
Love my Rev

The bed should be solid when down - that needs to be repaired / and it is doable on the couch bed but is a little tight when upper bed is down !
steve32409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32409 View Post
The bed should be solid when down - that needs to be repaired / and it is doable on the couch bed but is a little tight when upper bed is down !
Thank you,
So does the bed have a guide rail that it runs in, to stay firm left/right ?
Old 02-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncJimmy View Post
Hi, I have been looking at a used Rev 24RB, lightly used. The dealer was trying to explain the features but not sure they were completely familiar with the unit (probably true most of the time).

When he demonstrated the bed dropping from the ceiling, I noticed that once lowered, it would swing from side to side easily.
I wouldn't think it should swing while sleeping in it or am I wrong ?
Should it be resting on something ?
Is there room under the bed to use the Jackknife couch/dinette ?
Would you hit your head on the drop bed when in the lower bunk ?

Have not been able to find any good pictures of it all setup and being used.

Thanks for any insights.
Jim
My bed doesn’t swing.
Don’t sit up fast if bed in lowest position and you are sleeping on the sofa. I recall being told that the bed does not have to be all the way down to use it.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:26 AM   #274

Found answer in earlier thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncJimmy View Post
Thank you,
So does the bed have a guide rail that it runs in, to stay firm left/right ?
but there is a track on the wall at each end of the bed and a "T" shaped roller that goes in there. That keeps the bed from swaying and makes sure it goes straight up and straight down.

Thanks bclemens for this answer found earlier in thread.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:31 AM   #275
Commercial Member

I love it when a plan I didn't even remember making comes together. Yeh the past me.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #276

Our young kiddos sleep on the couch and dinette when the bed is lowered. They love it, kind of like their own fort. But yes, they learned the hard way to not sit up too fast...a few good bumps on the heat.
chfwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote