Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #101
Pawnee Buffalo Hunter

With so much talk on the site about levelers, makes me wonder: Does the REV have levelers of any kind? I don't remember.
LittleMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoose View Post
With so much talk on the site about levelers, makes me wonder: Does the REV have levelers of any kind? I don't remember.

No levelers on the REV.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
can you post a picture of the faucet/sink situation? We were vessel bowl, then changed to stainless...but for a bit they were using up the vessel faucets. Wouldn't see how any of those combos would result in that, but obviously it happened...seeing is believing.

Better...I have a short video that I shared with my dealer. PM me your email and I'll send it. Problem is the faucet is too far away from the sink, so low pressure places most of the water on the counter top. We are using a kiddy extender to keep the counter dry.
chfwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfwiggins View Post
Better...I have a short video that I shared with my dealer. PM me your email and I'll send it. Problem is the faucet is too far away from the sink, so low pressure places most of the water on the counter top. We are using a kiddy extender to keep the counter dry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2123.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	149742here is a screen shot
Old 08-27-2017, 01:08 AM   #105

Send a message via Skype™ to Leen Mosley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghutch View Post
Thanks for the reply and I apologies if I came off a little negative in the post. We really do like the REV. One of the other positives that I never gave a thought to was that the REV passes through most toll booths as a passenger car due to the single rear wheels saving money!
Some of my planned "improvements" are;
1. Add 2 more house batteries.
2. Add 2 215 watt roof mount solar panels.
3. Remove 1000 watt inverter and replace with 3000 watt inverter.
4. Rewire so everything (frig, microwave and AC) could run off inverter power. I know run time on AC would be limited. It is annoying with the microwave to reset the clock every time we plug in shore power.
5. Flip door hinging on drivers side exterior compartment such that door swings down rather then up.
6. Possibly remove generator to save weight. Solar panels and additional batteries should eliminate need for generator, generator is noisy and use is limited in most RV parks, gen exhaust tends to draft into coach if windows are open.
I had enquired to do most of these modifications, but after purchase found out which few were allowed by Forest River without voiding the electrical and other warranties. I was told the battery space won't allow 4 batteries, so need to weld a new frame.
I may do them after the two year warranty is up, but the other issue I've had is that the dealer did not stand behind the add/mods he did complete, where I feel these need to be warranted by them for at least a year.
And then again, since service centers waste the 1-2 years warranty by stringing appointments every 3-4 months, without ever completing all repairs or admitting to new damage - only discovered after use, hours or days after pick up...
Love the floorplan, love the travel lifestyle... but I find the quality and customer service too faulty for users that cannot modify/repair units themselves.
Leen Mosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:37 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoose View Post
Our 2016 Rev 24RB had no levelers, but I had installed 2 STABILIZERS in back, with a push button inside the cabinet besides the entry.
We prefer "city camping" and if you park along the streets, discreet leveler would help us not tilting into the curb, which is annoying and can cause pots to slide off the stove.
The stabilizers are super discreet and help the shaking when heavy people get in/out or walk around, but honestly the motion in the Rev is imperceptible, and we rarely/never use the stabilizers.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:11 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
There is not enough clearance to leave anything on the REV all the time.

As for the swivel, I was actually linking to their larger sewer hose holders, not the swivel one really. Thetford makes one that interests me...its a water propelled dump hose that goes into a 3/4" hose. Pretty cool.

sami-con also makes a "twist on" macerator. You would need to wire up 12v...but the small hose diameter would be much easier to store. (in theory)
I would love to have a hardwired macerator with a long enough hose to dump in regular/residential toilets.
The closest dump to NYC is the Liberty State Park, which is really in downtown Jersey City: much driving and wear for nothing.
Tip re. urban stays: I've taken the habit to reach out to Airbnb hosts that include parking, and I offer to pay just for driveway parking. This allows us to visit cities via public transportation, but sleep safely and without police worrying about us.
Here too, a macerator would allow us to dump in public or hosts' toilets (for a fee) so we can keep going.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:33 AM   #108

Brian, thanks for your great help, and asking some questions here if the answer may be useful to all...
I also never received all info on a thumb drive, CD or even online... Basically, I think it would be great to have all docs in one searchable database, by keyword, but also in a sequence of actions.
I cannot recall right now which things I tried to troubleshoot, but the sequence also mattered and individual paper manuals don't show how things are tied to each other. Again, being new to this world I may ask for things no manufacturer does, but with so many new users, this point of view is hopefully helpful to you.
I was also hoping to do my own winterizing, but here too no online video was applicable to the waterlesss heater. This is why I had the dealers do the winterizing, but after what happened I wonder if they themselves understood the sequence and components with a tankless heater.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:48 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betuski13 View Post
Hi y'all,
I am interested in that swivel drain outlet you mentioned. I have to pay very close attention when approaching steep driveways in order to avoid taking out the waste drain outlet. This is just one tweak on the REV I really want to get done. Here are others:
1. Tint the front door windows.
2. Find this telescoping ladder to attach to the rear of the coach. First I would like to know what the best location would be.
3. Add Sumo Spring stops to replace the OEM bumpers. I researched this and found it to be an economical upgrade.
4. Upgrade the IRV33 and or speakers to enhance the dvd's and music. Maybe add a subwoofer.
Other than these items, I find the little rig quite delightful. This is our first RV. Is there an electrical schematic as well as plumbing layout information for my 24TB? Thanks folks.
I've been thinking about these mods myself, so please let us know if you found them worthwhile.
Read a lot about the SUMO, but wonder if much better than the upgraded DYNAMAX suspension I already have.
Wonder where I can safely attach a ladder to check roof, etc. Was just told about damage I could not see from the ground. I also should clean the solar panel installation regularly, but no easy/secure access.
Also wonder if/which/where I could install a bike rack or other cargo case: anchors in frame?
I could not get the DVD/CD coach/house speakers to play on the indoor position only: only both in and out, blasting the neighbors. Hopefully a malfunction/wiring, because I find the sound quality otherwise very good.
I hang a white cotton curtain for light yet privacy during the day, which still allows me to drive off as needed.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:28 AM   #110

"Also wonder if/which/where I could install a bike rack or other cargo case: anchors in frame?"

Some attach to a trailer hitch receiver.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:12 AM   #111
Commercial Member

DVD house speakers we verified here and they are working as intended.
There are (3) buttons. Speakers A-B-C. If you hit A, it toggles in the inside speakers off or on, depending on what they were set to to begin with. B is the outside speakers...again, press the button to toggle off or on. Should display on the screen what status they are.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:52 PM   #112

"Club Lounge"

A few questions for the group and BClemens:
Has the "club lounge" been discontinued on the REV 24RB or is available as an option or retro fit?
What are the differences between 2017 and 2018?
Can a roof vent be added over the drop down bed?
Is a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter possible as an option?
I printed out the [presumed] 2018 brochure, complete with standard features and options. But which are standard and which are options? I have no local dealer in my area to ask so a segregated list would be helpful.
ograpeswani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #113
Commercial Member

1. Not sure what you mean by club lounge. We never had an option for that. If you mean the dual captains chairs...yes, that was discontinued due to weight.
2. No changes for 17 to 18, except maybe running changes (lighter materials, different colors), but those can happen mid year 17 as well.
3. no option for a roof vent in that area.
4. 1000 watt is all we offer at this time.
5. The title is misleading...there are no options. We made everything standard. The only real options are wood and fabric colors.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #114

Club Lounge

Thanks Brian. Yes, I was referring to the two swiveling/reclining captains chairs with a flip-up table between them, replaced with the more standard dinette in the 2016+ model years. Can those chairs and table be ordered separately from Dynamax or possibly the manufacturer?

You mentioned in a prior post that the 24RB floorplan is planned to be introduced in the Isata lineup on the Ford Transit chassis. Do you have a ballpark timeframe (2019 or ?) and know whether it will be gas or diesel?

Thanks!
ograpeswani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:14 PM   #115
Commercial Member

The manufacturer is Williamsburg Furniture. You can certainly order them, but there would be no seatbelt for those chairs.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ograpeswani View Post
A few questions for the group and BClemens:

Has the "club lounge" been discontinued on the REV 24RB or is available as an option or retro fit?

What are the differences between 2017 and 2018?

Can a roof vent be added over the drop down bed?

Is a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter possible as an option?

I printed out the [presumed] 2018 brochure, complete with standard features and options. But which are standard and which are options? I have no local dealer in my area to ask so a segregated list would be helpful.

We own a 2018 REV RB and found only a few differences between the 2017 and 2018 models. 2018 has darker leather furniture...was told the lighter 2017 versions show dirt easy. Also 2018 has the Oxygenics shower head, big plus. But the bathroom sink is small and located too far away from the faucet. This required the dealer to obtain a blank countertop so they can place the faucet closer to the sink (water splashed on the countertop all the time).

Great RV, but the bathroom sink was a big pain and not much support from Dynamax. Our dealer was great though and took care of everything.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #117

Question about drop down bed

What is the weight restriction?
sagerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #118

I believe I noticed the bed weight limit in the documentation. I will check if I remember but that is never a sure thing.

I am pretty sure it exceeded our combined weight, me being 300 and my wife 120 at the most. Me up from 120 at wedding and wife up from 98.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I believe I noticed the bed weight limit in the documentation. I will check if I remember but that is never a sure thing.

I am pretty sure it exceeded our combined weight, me being 300 and my wife 120 at the most. Me up from 120 at wedding and wife up from 98.

I think the limit is 450 lbs...
Old 11-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfwiggins View Post
I think the limit is 450 lbs...

I checked their web site and it shows two weight limits; 800 and 880 pounds. Looks like one is a typo.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.