Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #1

Lightbulb Dynamax REV 24RB Questions

After almost of year of motorhome shopping, I've narrowed my search down to the REV 24RB and another similar unit from another manufacturer. I feel that you've done an excellent job on the REV, especially considering it's price. My questions revolve around some of the design and manufacturing decisions that Dynamax made on the REV vs. the WBO Trend/Viva.

1. How does the retractable bed lift mechanism on the REV compare to the one used by WBO on the their ProMaster Class C's? The REV appears to be belt driven compared to WBO's track drive. How reliable can I expect the REV bed to be over time with frequent use?

2. Do the televisions on the REV use AC or DC power?

3. Is the REV fresh water tank enclosed on 2016 models?

4. Besides the color, what is the difference between the couch and chairs in the standard REV 24RB vs with the Elite package?

5. What type of mattress does the retractable queen bed use?

6. How is the retractable bed sleeping area ventilated if one chooses not to run the AC at night? I noticed that the Coachmen Orion has a roof vent over the retractible bed while the REV does not.

7. What kind of fuel mileage are people getting with 24' the REV models?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
GM

1. I thought they were both the same mechanism. It's a european design that they have been running over there for years. The system we run now has no stops to break...it measures motor revolutions on the up and down positions...and I don't think you could find a quieter operation. It is dead silent when raising or lowering.
2. AC, but are hooking to an inverter. AC TV's are actually lighter than DC by about 8 lbs each.
3. No changes there.
4. It was just a different supplier and better foam package.
5. I changed everything over to an iCool mattress which is a gel infused memory foam. We run that across all our lines.
6. There is a MaxxAir fan in the kitchen area that would pull air from the entire unit. This has a built in rain hood so it can be run at night and is 12V powered.
7. Others might chime in here with real world numbers, but our guys are getting 16-17 pretty consistently.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #3

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. I thought they were both the same mechanism. It's a european design that they have been running over there for years. The system we run now has no stops to break...it measures motor revolutions on the up and down positions...and I don't think you could find a quieter operation. It is dead silent when raising or lowering.
2. AC, but are hooking to an inverter. AC TV's are actually lighter than DC by about 8 lbs each.
3. No changes there.
4. It was just a different supplier and better foam package.
5. I changed everything over to an iCool mattress which is a gel infused memory foam. We run that across all our lines.
6. There is a MaxxAir fan in the kitchen area that would pull air from the entire unit. This has a built in rain hood so it can be run at night and is 12V powered.
7. Others might chime in here with real world numbers, but our guys are getting 16-17 pretty consistently.
Regarding #1, when comparing the REV to the WBO Trend/Viva retractable bed function, the WBO seems noisy, slow and jerky. WBO must be using a crummy motor. The REV's bed moves up and down quickly, smoothly and quietly. Nice job! Question: If there are no stops on the REV bed setup, what is preventing the bed from swinging around like a hammock when lowered?

On #5, this type of standard mattress is an excellent feature and it should be touted on your product literature. Too many RV buyers end up buying a decent mattress after their purchase. Another thumbs up for Dynamax!

#6 Does that MaxxAir fan in the kitchen also pull air from the bathroom or is there another vent in the bathroom?
Old 02-24-2016, 09:07 AM   #4
GM

There are no stops....but there is a track on the wall at each end of the bed and a "T" shaped roller that goes in there. That keeps the bed from swaying and makes sure it goes straight up and straight down.

#5. The iCool is new and is in all our new literature. The REV is being redone right now.

#6. Yes. It draws from the bathroom. Depending on floor plan we might have room to get one in there as well, I haven't looked lately.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 02-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #5

Lightbulb

8. The rear of the coach looks pretty sleek without the roof ladder but how easy will it be to get up there to maintain the roof seams?

9. Any design updates on the rear sewer outlet to prevent damage from bottoming out? It seems like the 24TB and 24TL models would be more vulnerable to rear scraping due to the fact that they are 8" longer (24'8") than the 24CB and 24RB floorplans (24') on the same wheelbase.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
GM

8. Someone makes a really nice telescopic aluminum ladder. I want one for home.
9. Yes. Sewer raised up higher and comes more out the side. I think we're using a swivel fitting now too.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:39 PM   #7

Mr. Clemens,
Thank you for being so helpful and responsive. Someone at FR was very smart for putting you in charge at Dynamax. Excellent brand and product line too!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 PM   #8
GM

I was going to ask you to come and do plant tours. Your TPO fiberglass comparison was spot on. At the end of the day, keeping water out is mission #1 and any room installed properly does the trick. .
Old 02-24-2016, 10:18 PM   #9

Dynamic Rev

I'm also very interested in the Rev rb .
How much weight can carry?
After you fill gas tank, propane tank, water tank, and two passengers 200 each.
Thanks Russ
Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #10
GM

Depends. Due to changes in emissions standards the newest ones will need to be around 8200 lbs with full fuel tank and propane. With a GVWR of 9350 that will leave 1150 for water, passengers and cargo. Prior to the EPA changes the older ones were 8400 or so, depending on options. Gotta love government regulation.