Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2016, 01:12 PM   #1

Dynamic REV

I'm doing a comparison between the REV and the Winnebago Trend.
I see that the Trend has a fiberglass roof but I'm not seeing anything I my REV brochure other than one piece textured and radius corner domed roof.
What is the REV roof- rubber or fiberglass?
Any other pros/cons between the two ?
Thank you

The title should be Dynamax not Dynamic. I just love Apple's spell check!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ARodden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #2

Review the manufactures of the components that are used in both. The only Lippert equipment in my Winnebago Class C, are the slides. Look closely at the interior quality of build, hinges, fit, finish, etc.With the Winnebago, all parts down to the individual cabinet doors are numbered and cataloged, on-line, for all units, going back decades.In addition, all plumbing, electrical, etc., schematics.Depending on the model, approximately 90-95% of the metal, fiberglass, etc. are actually made by Winnebago, not sub-contracted and/or made in China. What comes standard as opposed to paying additional as an option?Base price on the Winnebago is likely higher…but at the end of the day, is it? Lastly, Winnebago provides exemplary customer service. If there are issues, they will make them right, without requiring you to travel to the Goshen rally to get them fixed.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:06 PM   #3
Commercial Member

REV has....

the Dyna-ride system, exclusive to Dynamax. We had MorRyde design it for us because the Promaster chassis seems to ride on the bump stops. This shackle/suspension upgrade creates more room back there for a much improved ride.

The roof is a version of TPO. I'd be curious if Winnie sticks with the fiberglass roof due to some overweight issues on the Promaster. (and I just mean EPA appoved weight for emissions...not overweight as in safety wise.)

7cu ft. fridge with freezer versus their 5.

Dual pitch armless awning on the REV with auto retraction in high wind. Winnie is armless, but with legs down the sidewall. I don't think there is any auto retraction, but you might want to verify that one.

2 year warranty from Dynamax. 1 year with Winnie.

Outside TV

Dual AGM batteries

If/when you do have issues, I'll gladly find a local dealer to help you get repairs. If for some reason a dealer is ever unable to provide the service you need we have hook ups and a service bay onsite. Our customer lounge has a washer and dryer, cable TV, a grill, dump station and full kitchen. It's actually a house that was on the property when Dynamax bought the land 17+ years ago. One side we use as a service lounge and the other is unused office space.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
REV has....

the Dyna-ride system, exclusive to Dynamax. We had MorRyde design it for us because the Promaster chassis seems to ride on the bump stops. This shackle/suspension upgrade creates more room back there for a much improved ride.

The roof is a version of TPO. I'd be curious if Winnie sticks with the fiberglass roof due to some overweight issues on the Promaster. (and I just mean EPA appoved weight for emissions...not overweight as in safety wise.)

7cu ft. fridge with freezer versus their 5.

Dual pitch armless awning on the REV with auto retraction in high wind. Winnie is armless, but with legs down the sidewall. I don't think there is any auto retraction, but you might want to verify that one.

2 year warranty from Dynamax. 1 year with Winnie.

Outside TV

Dual AGM batteries

If/when you do have issues, I'll gladly find a local dealer to help you get repairs. If for some reason a dealer is ever unable to provide the service you need we have hook ups and a service bay onsite. Our customer lounge has a washer and dryer, cable TV, a grill, dump station and full kitchen. It's actually a house that was on the property when Dynamax bought the land 17+ years ago. One side we use as a service lounge and the other is unused office space.
Thank you!
ARodden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:59 PM   #5

Some might knock the REV for its TPO roof compared to the fiberglass roof on the Trend/Viva, but I don't think it's a problem here. Dynamax and WBO have set some slightly different weight saving priorities in the design of a small motorhome built on the medium duty ProMaster 3500 cutaway chassis.

First, TPO is not rubber, it's much tougher, cleaner and has notable insulating properties. While fiberglass is less vulnerable to shearing from low hanging tree branches while underway, fiberglass is more vulnerable to cracking from blunt trauma like hail, stones and falling branches... And fiberglass is usually more expensive to repair than a TPO roof membrane. Further, a fiberglass roof is heavier and will usually give a coach a higher center of gravity vs. a TPO (or rubber) roof. Regardless of what type of roof you have, the seams still need to be maintained or leaks can occur.

Ultimately, on a heavier duty chassis with all other things equal, I would probably prefer a fiberglass roof, but the difference is not a deal breaker for me, provided that the overall roof support structure is well-built.

Just my two cents...
Daddio62 is offline   Reply With Quote