Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2018, 10:16 PM   #1

Dynaquest XL 37RB ordered today...yeah!

Today we ordered a new Dynaquest XL 37RB. We loved our Dynamax Isata 5 but we are very much looking forward to going full-time. We test drove one last weekend and fell in love. A wonderful machine. What a difference from the 36DS. The 36DS rig is great but the 37RB is simply a dream. I admit the cab of of the Dodge 5500 is much less commercial feeling, but I've also seen some M2 Sport Chassis that are awesome as well. The swivel air ride seats are very nice touch.

Honk if you see a Midnight Sapphire rig rolling down the road...it might be us, but not likely until next spring. Not sure yet if we'll transfer our 36DS name "Bella" to the new rig or pick a new name.

Next we plan to upgrade our 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ toad for a newly designed JL. That will complete our rolling home accommodations and excursion support system.

I appreciate all the topics and deep discussion on this forum. It has helped me prepare a PDI checklist that will be way more intense than our first time around the maypole with the 36DS. I find that I know much more about my coach (inside and out) than the dealers. It's amazing to me they are not more knowledgable about the products they sell (or should I say take orders for). I had one sales person walk in the rig and extend the slides only on battery power. I just cringed and said you should not do that and suggested he start the generator first or connect to shore power. Amazing.

Best regards,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #2

Congrats!
Old 09-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #3

Congrats, post some photos of the rig during construction!
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #4

[emoji106]
Old 09-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #5

Might want to read the fine print

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBee View Post
Today we ordered a new Dynaquest XL 37RB. We loved our Dynamax Isata 5 but we are very much looking forward to going full-time. We test drove one last weekend and fell in love. A wonderful machine. What a difference from the 36DS. The 36DS rig is great but the 37RB is simply a dream. I admit the cab of of the Dodge 5500 is much less commercial feeling, but I've also seen some M2 Sport Chassis that are awesome as well. The swivel air ride seats are very nice touch.

Honk if you see a Midnight Sapphire rig rolling down the road...it might be us, but not likely until next spring. Not sure yet if we'll transfer our 36DS name "Bella" to the new rig or pick a new name.

Next we plan to upgrade our 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ toad for a newly designed JL. That will complete our rolling home accommodations and excursion support system.

I appreciate all the topics and deep discussion on this forum. It has helped me prepare a PDI checklist that will be way more intense than our first time around the maypole with the 36DS. I find that I know much more about my coach (inside and out) than the dealers. It's amazing to me they are not more knowledgable about the products they sell (or should I say take orders for). I had one sales person walk in the rig and extend the slides only on battery power. I just cringed and said you should not do that and suggested he start the generator first or connect to shore power. Amazing.

Best regards,

This link might be of interest to you.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
This link might be of interest to you.
or not.

Just make sure you aren't expecting us to put you up at the Four Seasons if it ever comes in for repair.

I'm not sure I have ever seen that clause enforced except when maybe there was excess humidity that wasn't being controlled by the owners. Or they had nowhere to go and demanded certain accommodations due to their living situation.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:20 PM   #7

Thanks for the information. It's helpful in my learning about the industry. My expectation is only to have my rig covered for any manufacturing workmanship issues or infant mortality of a system or component performance specification within the warranty period. This is a reasonable expectation and I would expect a manufacture to honor this without fail to keep the promise made as part of the purchase agreement. I expect that manufactures are also likely faced with unscrupulous individuals who try to get over on them through their own fault of operating the rig out of normal use profiles or in making mistakes or not properly maintaining their systems and trying to recover their losses through the warranty. Hopefully these types of events are on the fringes of this community but as we all know, humans will be humans.

Frankly, I like repairing my own issues because it helps me understand the rig better and be ready for future issues if they arise. But I expect to do that once the warranty is over and I'm responsible for it's care, maintenance and repair.

Preventative maintenance is a big plus that many people don't do but when done properly can reduce the probability of a failure. I seen this first hand when owning boats. People buy things and fail to maintain them, then expect them to just work without fail especially after long periods of storage. The world of RV's doesn't work that way and if you are that kind of person you should never own an RV of any kind.

The funny thing is I hadn't really considered the name Recreational Vehicle (RV) with respect to a "Motor- Home" until now. It would seem that recreation doesn't really have a time bounding with regard to how much is reasonable. Some folks can recreate in their homes 100% of the time. We seem to call that "full timing" in this industry...very interesting.

Cheers,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Old 09-29-2018, 09:24 PM   #8

Congratulations
Old 10-06-2018, 06:16 AM   #9

Dynaquest XL 37RB ordered today...yeah!

Quote:
I had one sales person walk in the rig and extend the slides only on battery power. I just cringed and said you should not do that and suggested he start the generator first or connect to shore power. Amazing.

Best regards,

First off congratulations.

Second you mention operating the slides on battery only. I do this often, but now you have me wondering if I should or not (rear slide on 37BH will not function with engine running). On these units my understanding is that our inverter/charger is supplying charge current to them so you don’t have to worry about the voltage dropping toward (or below) 12 volts which results in higher current through the motor(s) which in turn causes more heat in the motors and possibly premature failure. Thoughts?
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:52 AM   #10

So the slides clearly work when operating from only batteries, but you are taking a chance and putting a high load them. The manuals do say to ensure you have engine or shore power when operating the slides. It’s easy enough to do and reduce the risk of having a problem which could be very costly should something go wrong.
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Old 10-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #11

I never worry about it one way or the other. In practice I usually connect shore power first to get the air on, then address the slides.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #12

Quote:
So the slides clearly work when operating from only batteries, but you are taking a chance and putting a high load them. The manuals do say to ensure you have engine or shore power when operating the slides. It’s easy enough to do and reduce the risk of having a problem which could be very costly should something go wrong.
Agree, in campgrounds, I first plug in then open the slides. When leaving bring the slides in then unplug. If dry camping I run the Genset until I'll all set up and when closing the slides upon leaving. With all the options we have you never need to operate slides w/o supporting electricity.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #13

Congratulations on your new rig! We bought your old one at the Pomona RV Show. We pick it up on Oct 28th.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite View Post
Congratulations on your new rig! We bought your old one at the Pomona RV Show. We pick it up on Oct 28th.
How cool! Both of you enjoy your new rigs!!