Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2018, 10:51 PM   #1

electrical plan 2019 Isata 5 30 fw

does anyone have a wiring diagram for an Isata 5? Can't get the slide to open, or central lights and antenna powered. some lights work on the passenger side, but not on driver's side. We unplugged the shore power, turned off the house battery switch, but the passenger side lights still stayed on even with the batteries disconnected?? We need to find the battery isolator. Help.

Fault code 4 registers on the control panel. The emergency brake warning light now stays off regardless of whether or not the brake was engaged. Previously we got a few false red lights indicating that the brake was not set even when it was. Releasing and resetting the brake resolved that problem then. But now, whether or not the brake is set is irrelevant to the readout on the panel.??

Spent the week trying to get adequate info from the factory, but they seem overwhelmed, and so I'm hoping for help getting electrical schematics to track down the problem.

Any help or even partial electrical schematics would be a help.

Thank you
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:38 AM   #2
Site Team

Generally they aren't available but Dynamax is different and might have them.

By the way, I moved this to the Dynamax sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:52 AM   #3

The RAM CANBUS requires the ignition to be on to sense that the parking brake is set. Fault 4 is a Major fault. Check the connections but usually reseting the controller and setting the stops will fix it. Many of the slide problems are due to low voltage. I always have shore or the gen running when I deploy the slide. Any messages on the Precision Plex? I assume you are talking about the ceiling LED lights. Any blown fuses?

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
The RAM CANBUS requires the ignition to be on to sense that the parking brake is set. Fault 4 is a Major fault. Check the connections but usually reseting the controller and setting the stops will fix it. Many of the slide problems are due to low voltage. I always have shore or the gen running when I deploy the slide. Any messages on the Precision Plex? I assume you are talking about the ceiling LED lights. Any blown fuses?
Scott do you know how to plug in the mess of wires that used to be in the console? I think it gives connectivity via USB to the 8.4 Nav/Radio system?
Thanks,
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #5

You need the connector kit. Mine was not in the truck. I am not sure since they don’t order the consoles if the trucks come with it. You may have to get the part from Dodge. It’s a simple plug n play under the drivers seat

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 06-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #6

Skeers elec follow up

I am having difficulty navigating this site and thought I had responded but apparently not so will try again. Thank you for moving my post to the right sub-forum. The fuse panel indicates all fuses as being good. Both our recently departed Alpine MH and our current 2017 Lance 1172 have detailed electrical info. Called Poulsbo RV and even the service manager says he doesn't have elec info and their next available service appointment is in the third week of Aug. Lack of schematics would make it difficult and inefficient to troubleshoot.
I will continue exploring to see if I can find something.
Does anybody know if the isolator is designed to allow the engine batteries to supply the coach if the voltage is over a certain reading even if the engine is not running?
thanks again
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
Site Team

Dick, you did respond to my post, but by Personal Message.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #8

It only allows charging so only with the engine running. To couple the batteries you need to depress the Aux 2 button

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 06-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #9

Quote:
You need the connector kit. Mine was not in the truck. I am not sure since they don’t order the consoles if the trucks come with it. You may have to get the part from Dodge. It’s a simple plug n play under the drivers seat
My kit was still in the truck in a bag, so the connector is under the drivers seat? Thanks,
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 06-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
My kit was still in the truck in a bag, so the connector is under the drivers seat? Thanks,

Yes it has two plugs.

2018 Isata 5 DS
Old 06-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Yes it has two plugs.
Easy job, all plugged in. The power works when I plug my iPhone in, but my 8.4 head unit is not acting like it has Apple Car Play. So I'll call a dealer next week. I'm struggling with the decision of giving Chrysler $600 to use my Navigation system. That online thing you found is no longer available.

I'm debating putting the Snap Pads on the front only and then later on when I have time figuring out a way to raise the rear jacks. If you still have that 10% off coupon I can take that off your hands if you like?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 06-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Easy job, all plugged in. The power works when I plug my iPhone in, but my 8.4 head unit is not acting like it has Apple Car Play. S
I found this as well and have a call into my local dealer.

I tried every USB port available...I assume it is the one with the 3 little arrows on the ship loose harness. That is on my list of "needs"...I think we need to have a console designed so we can mount this part in the dash area. I think another user may have cut out a section of the lower dash and installed this, as I saw a hole on one.

I'll update, maybe in its own thread, once I get an answer. I was also bummed that the CarPlay was inop....but I also know it is brand new for the 2018 chassis. And I think mine was the very first one.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical