Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2019, 09:21 PM   #1

Extended Warranty on DX3

Are there any "factory" extended warranties available?

If not, are there any extended warranties that are actually worth their weight in salt?

Generally, I am anti-extended warranty, but I figured the knowledge in this collective group would know if it's worth it for these units.

Thank you.

Chad
Sincityjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #2
Commercial Member

No factory versions

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:37 AM   #3

Brian, I know you can’t vouch for any, but as a factory rep, have you seen or dealt with any that seemed worth it?
Old 07-29-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
Commercial Member

There is a whole thread on this topic...I'd do a search for that, in the Dynamax forum. Someone said they had some stuff covered, no questions.

As I said in that thread, 100% of my experience, there is always some "fine print" exception that will exclude whatever it is that you have go wrong.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:45 AM   #5

That was my thoughts...
Old 07-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincityjets View Post
Are there any "factory" extended warranties available?
If not, are there any extended warranties that are actually worth their weight in salt?
Generally, I am anti-extended warranty, but I figured the knowledge in this collective group would know if it's worth it for these units.
Absolutely worthwhile extended service policies or "warranties" available... this is a previous post I made:

Most reputable warranty companies offer different levels of coverage... like 'stated coverage' policies, for example, which only cover what is on their list. Exclusionary Coverage covers anything EXCEPT what they exclude.

There are a number of reputable companies around... We have had excellent service from US Warranty Company out of Ohio. Not to be confused with uswarranty.com (which is lousy from what I heard), you want to go to www.uswceagle.com. And inquire about their different levels of coverage. The exclusionary Eagle Guardian is the one I recommend, and this company stands behind it 100% and does not try to weasel out of coverage. And they are accepted at a lot of shops too.. and even if the shop won't do the work and wait for payment, like a mobile tech, for example, you can check with your adjuster and most times you pay the tech and USWC will reimburse you. We have had their coverage on 3 RV's and wouldn't even consider anyone else.

As for the cost, a lot will depend on the age and mileage of your RV and how expensive a vehicle it was initially. As a for instance, I had a 5 year/100K Eagle Guardian plan with "engine delete" for my 2018 Sunseeker - only cost $1800 because the engine was not warrantied. Didn't need it cause Ford covers it for 5 years. And oh by the way, I sold it in less than a year with no claims and was refunded most of the $1800. Once our new Forester passes the one year mark and the Forest River one year factory warranty expires, I will definitely get another Eagle Guardian plan with "engine delete" on this rig. The peace of mind alone while on the road is easily worth the price.
2018 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL
www.Wind-seeker.com/vilano
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty