Old 05-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
I wish I could make the DX3 run over 80 so I could take a run up some of these hills but mine actually peaks out at 78 to be exact.

Iíve been trying to get a tune so I have some more power but more importantly, I would like to ditch the speed limiter for the very reason of being able to get a head start going up some of the hills we tow up in VA and KY.

Mark
This reminded me, I failed to mention in my Moab report, the posted speed limit in Utah on I-70 is now 80 MPH. Not a big deal I was just surprised to see it had changed from 75 MPH.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #62

My 3rd Trailer

Actually we are on our second in 2.3 years. Our latest was a new one and after a few trips back to Camping World (CW), I decided I would just have to fix myself or have someone else fix it unless something major covered by the warranties. Our local camping club had a dealer host a BarBQ this week for almost 100 of us, and they spoke about the length of time it takes for warrantied repairs. They explained that 4 to 5 weeks is common throughout the industry because the manufacturers hold the dealers ransom, even though they don't control anything. The problem is the manufacturers and the warranty companies. Wow, that explains that Marcus L. owns CW, the financing bank (M&T), and probably (I have heard but not confirmed) that he may own the warranty company as well. Best straighten this out because CW is loosing repeat customers everyday, but maybe they don't care. On to the next sucker might just be their motto.

markjamestx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
Our dealer did a good pdi. We had a good inspection sheet.

Our Cedar Creek Hathaway was in excellent condition.

Our issues were all minimum.

Frankly we enjoyed fixing the minor items. Forgot to plug in a hdmi cable. Bathroom door fell out. Dealer turned on and forgot a light and discharged the battery. One latch needed adjusting. Piece of trim fell off. Tv plastic mount broke when we hit the ultimate bump in a highway. Like nothing in the first year of 50 days of camping.

The majority of us are happy!

You hit the nail on the head. A good dealership that PDI's the vehicle thoroughly will make your experience much better. My problem is there weren't any DX3's in our area and at the end of the day, I drove from NC to KY to buy mine. Even though I found a few things wrong during inspection, there wasn't a lot I could do unless I wanted to spend a few days there. I picked it up, made notes and drove home. That is definitely one of the disadvantages of buying away when you don't have time to hang out and stay in it or stay while they repair it.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
I found a few things wrong during inspection, there wasn't a lot I could do unless I wanted to spend a few days there. I picked it up, made notes and drove home. That is definitely one of the disadvantages of buying away when you don't have time to hang out and stay in it or stay while they repair it. Mark
Great note, when buying far from home plan at least a week for PDI and followup.

2015 H-D FLRT (Hers)
2009 Honda VTX 1800/Champion Trike (His)
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #65

I understand.

The deal is the seller has to pay interset on the rv by the day. Thus he wants the check ASAP.

Unless the items are really minor it pays to say, well Iíll be back tomorrow.

We however, have several dealers in our area.

Funny thing. The guy running the show at my dealer told me that on my fiver, CC Hathaway, Forest River gives him $1000 on pdi repairs no questions asked. Thus why not fix little stuff. We were in and out in three hours.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #66

Ha ha, another reason I like my REV. I can drive as fast as I want. It will easily do 90 mph and seems to have more in reserve. But donít freak out I only hit 90 a couple of times unintentionally. BTW, very smooth and under full control, no rattles or shaking, totally stabile.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Ha ha, another reason I like my REV. I can drive as fast as I want. It will easily do 90 mph and seems to have more in reserve. But donít freak out I only hit 90 a couple of times unintentionally. BTW, very smooth and under full control, no rattles or shaking, totally stabile.

I generally keep below 70 depending on conditions. But have crept up to 80 many times.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 PM   #68
ETF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I generally keep below 70 depending on conditions. But have crept up to 80 many times.
Me too. The sweet spot on my DX3 seems to be between 65 and 68 mph and that's where I run it most of the time. Then again, when there's only me on a wide open road the temptation is sometimes just too much. I will admit that at 80 mph I have to drive it while at 68 mph it seems to almost drive itself. Much more relaxing.

ETF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags