Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #1

Force 37bh Overcab bed leak

We are currently in the Canadian Rockies and got heavy rain

I notice a small leak with dripping coming from just on the right side of the trim joining the two cieling panels in the bed area. No ceiling panel staining

I removed the led lid and stuck my hand up and felt around as best I could and it was dry. Removed the outlet for the tv and it was dry

I have no ladder tall enough right now with me. Is it possible this is the roof cap sealing ?
myhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #2

Possibly the overcab lights may be leaking.
The Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #3

thanks for the suggestion and I will look when I get home tommorrow

i considered it under the cover of darkness and rain and thought that the lights are a little too far forward of the leak and we are nose down right now in our site.

but water tacks in mysterious way
Old 09-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #4

Maybe someone else can chime in that knows a lot more then me but I have read on here where that can be a source of leaks. Good luck and glad you found it early.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #5

I have the same leak in my 37BH. Mine is a 2015 that I have owned for 2 months, and it has not rained. There is some staining on the wall in the location you described. Also had a non-functional and rusted bunk LED. Had a tech on the roof that was working on the busted A/C. He said that the seal where the front cap meets the roof is gapped. There is also a gap and crack in the vertical joint on the passenger side. He said "I can't believe they make them this way." At any rate, with the help of this Forum, I have purchased some 3M 5200 sealant and Eternabond roof tape. I plan on removing the caulk that I can get to, and then re-caulking....letting it dry for several days, and then taping the roof joint. I suspect you will have to do the same. I don't know what more to do. I'm very happy with it overall. Glad I live in San Diego, and not somewhere that rains all the time though!! Good luck!!
randocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #6

found the hole
Clamshell with the coax cables for the satellite.

Will get pics up asap

Check yours to ensure complete seal
Old 09-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #7
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

Also found my leak today the airlines for the air horns under the front top center cap did not have sealant around them, and the bolts that hold on the cap had very little sealant on them also. Not a fun job removing the center cap bolts to reseal no place to stand to get at the bottom bolts, top ones I got from the roof ok.
DR Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #8

It isn’t entirely clear but the self leveling sealant didnt completely close the gap betwen the fivreglass roof and the coax cables.

We were parked just right (nose down and tilted to the right) to allow water to penetrate

Used some rv proflex to seal it fully and it passed the garden hose test
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9D012C77-F9CD-4567-9473-3E2BB00BD34D.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	185793   Click image for larger version

Name:	FE951A24-C6D7-4799-8D32-F604D2833819.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	185794  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:45 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Water sucks.

Seal tests are just like butter/margarine, paper towels/hand dryers. Today they're great, tomorrow they suck.

We have always done rain tests. But in some situations, there could be a leak that did not leak INTO the motorhome right away..so you could not see it. So the industry started something called "Seal Tech 2000" or something like that. We would hook up a blower to a door or skylight, pressurize the coach, spray with dish soap and where the bubbles came out, we would list that as a "seal void" and address it.

However, now I have some dealers that say the seal tech is bad, in that it can sometimes break a seal that was good to start with when the pressure is too high inside the coach. Or a gasket can be "unseated". Who knows. Or if it is in a closed space, then that space does not get pressurized (like cap areas).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #10
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

My leak did not leak into the cab until we started to drive and then it came out of the air horn pull cable hole. We had bad storms with over 5 inches of rain in about 4 days. A leak like this would almost be impossible to find in a rain both unless you test it without the interior inplace. It's just nice to share what we find to help others if they have the same issues.
DR Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #11

Agree

Thats why I post with the thread title as descriptive as possible to make it easier to search

Tags
bed, leak