Old 06-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Force and DX3 wardrobe questions

The wardrobes in the Force and DX3 are basically the same. I have a question about the HDTV mounting.

It looks like there is a lot of room behind the HDTV so I was wondering how one gets access to it. Does the HDTV swing out of the way or do you enter from the side?

It seems to be that mounting the HDTV on a door that swings out of the way would make a nice storage space for storage or a place to put the BlueRay and satellite boxes along with BlueRay and DVD storage. One would need a IR repeater but that's a minor problem.

Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
On the inside of the closet is a screwed on panel. I tool it off and mounted the bluray player and a power strip to charge our phones. I replaced all three tv"s with LG smart tv's. Lighter and have a better picture. The tv is mounted on two pieces of aluminum and some plywood. I put a swing arm outside.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2

halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
Thanks, I'd say they are missing an opportunity to have a much better layout.

If we end up with one I'll have a swinging door made with the hinge toward the back so braking will be less likely to cause it to accidentally open. That keeps equipment out of the way and provides storage as well. I think that will work much better than the way you've described how they did it which wastes lots of space. Hopefully they do it before then but if not...

I'd also move the sound bar to the top and the storage door to the bottom, assuming they are the same size, as I think it would be a better layout.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #4
The sound bar used to be at the top and people didn't like it, so they just moved them all to the bottom.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
Strange but OK, THER is no telling for taste

I still think the HDTV should be on a door, along with the sound bar, so the other equipment and DVD storage can go behind it. That way the whole assemble could move down a bit and the cabinet at the top would be a bit larger. I've seen this done and it works great and you don't waste space. A IR repeater isn't very expensive which you deed for equipment behind the door.

VISO has a very narrow sound bar as do several other which would help maximize the top cabinet.