Old 12-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
Retired Army Paratrooper

Force HD and DX3 Dinette

I recently removed the dinette from our Force HD and just wanted to put out that anyone who might need seat bottom that lifts up or the insert that comes out I have them available for free. Also once I finish the project I will have the complete table available. Just PM me if your interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	220449  

MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
I recently removed the dinette from our Force HD and just wanted to put out that anyone who might need seat bottom that lifts up or the insert that comes out I have them available for free. Also once I finish the project I will have the complete table available. Just PM me if your interested.

Please post pictures of your finished project

Old 12-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #3

Definitely interested in where you're going with this

https://fourwhl.com - Traveling the country in our DX3 for the next year
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #4

We also ripped out the 'dream' dinette & made a new table on the other side of the living room. When we removed the seat bottoms we saw the original owner had stashed several rolls of paper towels in the big area behind the slide out drawers & forgot about them! You won't miss the dinette.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #5
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Definitely interested in where you're going with this
Will keep you updated on the project, having an amish group in Indiana make us a table/storage unit to put in place under window. Already removed the benches and replaced with chairs.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #6
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Arrow View Post
We also ripped out the 'dream' dinette & made a new table on the other side of the living room. When we removed the seat bottoms we saw the original owner had stashed several rolls of paper towels in the big area behind the slide out drawers & forgot about them! You won't miss the dinette.
Yes, we stayed across from you at the Rally in Delaware and liked what you had done. Ours will be similar but have more storage space.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #7

After we've had a chance to use our new layout, we found we have storage under the dining table for 2 folding outdoor lounge chairs and other stuff while we're driving, which has really worked out nice. Also removal of the washing machine has provided storage for additional cooking appliances & clothes in that area. Turns out the dryer is also handy for storing misc items since we very seldom use it.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
jkoenig24

I bought my 2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB new in May of 2014. In 2015, I had most of the OEM furniture replaced with COMFORTABLE units (the OEM barrel chair by the entry door is still there). The replacement trestle table, "regular" dining chairs, two cabinets and sideboard provide for comfortable dining and, I now have a computer work station. The swivel recliner makes watching TV MUCH more enjoyable than the OEM's sad excuse for a "couch". The new furniture and TRUE queen width bed are MUCH more comfortable than the attractive but uncomfortable choices selected by Dynamax. I recently went further and had a solar / lithium system added as well as a USABLE single bowl sink. A standard dinner plate (and much more) can now sit flat in the sink. A high quality commercial grade faucet is a BIG improvement too. A REALLY GOOD replacement camera (with pan & tilt for backing up and side views) is one of the best improvements added. A separate monitor for the new camera means I no longer lose the GPS screen when I use the turn signals.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #9
GM

Funny thing is...we offered a free standing trestle table with "regular" dining chairs. We had that option on the price sheet for 3 years until I finally pulled it off due to zero sales.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Funny thing is...we offered a free standing trestle table with "regular" dining chairs. We had that option on the price sheet for 3 years until I finally pulled it off due to zero sales.
That "ensemble" dinette/small sofabed was cute but a poor use of floor space. What these folks are doing is what should have been an option back then.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #11
GM

I’m not referring to the “ensemble”. I’m referring to a free standing trestle table with loose chairs and storage against the wall. The table can retract or extend further. So I’m not sure you have seen the option that I am referring to, as we never actually built it other than what we brought in for the proto.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 12-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #12

Quote:
I’m not referring to the “ensemble”. I’m referring to a free standing trestle table with loose chairs and storage against the wall. The table can retract or extend further. So I’m not sure you have seen the option that I am referring to, as we never actually built it other than what we brought in for the proto.
True, I have not seen it in a Dynamax. However, many other manufacturers have been offering that option for years. Some have called it a credenza with cabinet storage & retracting/extending tabletop with loose chairs. The credenza may also contain dedicated space for computer & printer. The top of the credenza can be space for dinner buffet items allowing for more tabletop while dining. Some offerings simply have a wall-mounted flip up & out table with loose chairs. This scenario allows for stashing footrests, other junk, or more doggie space.

I assumed that the above posts were ripping out ensembles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_845_2549105_90846120.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	220692   Click image for larger version

Name:	5d4c670f3f96002f797c7977.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	220693   Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_201908290704257610991905.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	220694  
Old 12-18-2019, 10:54 AM   #13
GM

Yes, I'm aware. My point was you were quoting me and saying

"That "ensemble" dinette/small sofabed was cute but a poor use of floor space. What these folks are doing is what should have been an option back then.

I understood what these folks were doing and was simply pointing out that we offered that for (3) years and got not one single order. Thus the reason we don't offer it any more. The main reason is that you lose a potential sleeping position AND seatbelts.

I got rid of the ensemble when I arrived because the dinette was ridiculously small. And I caught hell for that because lots of people liked the look of the ensemble. People are peculiar animals.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #14
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

Force HD and DX3 Dinette

“People are peculiar animals.”
Yes, and they reproduce.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #15
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:

Hey Brian if you dig around and find an extra one let me know I’ll come up and haul it off for you.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #16
GM

I think I finally gave the two folding chairs away. Not sure about the rest of it. I'll see if I can track it down.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware. My point was you were quoting me and saying

"That "ensemble" dinette/small sofabed was cute but a poor use of floor space. What these folks are doing is what should have been an option back then.

I understood what these folks were doing and was simply pointing out that we offered that for (3) years and got not one single order. Thus the reason we don't offer it any more. The main reason is that you lose a potential sleeping position AND seatbelts.

I got rid of the ensemble when I arrived because the dinette was ridiculously small. And I caught hell for that because lots of people liked the look of the ensemble. People are peculiar animals.
Persons are great; People...?

Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx3