Old 09-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #1

Force HD Slide Out Issue

Brian-sent you a PM on my slide out (sofa/dinette) issue. Received a fault error when trying to bring the slide in. Lippert technical representatives said the motor(s) is bad. That is all I know at this point.

Mike
2016 Force HD

Old 09-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #2

Mike is the slide stuck out?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #3

Yes.

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 09-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #4

Our Force had the same issue with the same slide out. The motor was replaced and our dealer found one of the brackets under the slide out was cracked, they re-welded it and no more problems. That was over a year ago.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #5

OH, there is an override too to bring in the slide out when it is stuck out. I had to remove the switch panel and on the back are extra buttons, you hold them in and the slide comes in, it overrides the safety.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #6

Thanks. It appears one of motors has not released its brake (probably an internal solenoid) to allow the motor to engage. one side (drivers) is in about 1/2 inch, while rear side (above generator) did not move. I can't see if any bar is cracked.

CoachNet is sending out a team to retract the slide.

I sent Brian another PM, hoping his warranty department can authorize a place here in NVA to repair/replace motor and whatever else.

Thanks again, and good to know I was not the first (this time) to experience this type of issue.

Mike
2016 Force HD
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #7

We had our full wall slide out on the Thor break. Had to tear out the internal trim to get to the motors, took out the motors and it took 8 people to push it in, had the fridge etc.. in the slide.

The Force was much easier to get the slideout back in with the override.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #8
GM

Responded to your PM. Yes, the below floor slides we rarely have issues and are easier to service I think. It's not really our warranty department that handles/authorizes the Lippert stuff, they request/demand to handle their own warranty in most cases.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
We had our full wall slide out on the Thor break. Had to tear out the internal trim to get to the motors, took out the motors and it took 8 people to push it in, had the fridge etc.. in the slide.

The Force was much easier to get the slideout back in with the override.
Sounds like a schwinteck slide???
Old 09-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #10

Thanks Brian for engaging Matt. great gentleman. I took up a lot of his time this afternoon. I don't know how many companies I can count on "one finger" that would spend the time he did to help me. Someone less dedicated and focused on customers would have just waited until after the holiday, or just blow me off. He is working to get me a new gear box and motor assembly. Mine is frozen (rear).

Mike
2016 Force HD

Tags
slide, slide out