Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2017, 01:22 AM   #1

Force House Speakers w/TV

I know I have ran across this discussion on here, but cannot seem to find it. Is there a way to have the cab over TV play through the house speakers? My radio in the cab plays through them but I cannot seem to get anything else to play through them.
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #2

I added an rca cable from tv to the stereo.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #3

I was hoping that wasn't the only way....was hoping Dynamax put in something I could easily plug the TV into vs having to run my own wiring.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
Retired Army Paratrooper

Force House Speakers w/TV

Select aux audio on your radio screen and that will turn them on
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer151 View Post
I was hoping that wasn't the only way....was hoping Dynamax put in something I could easily plug the TV into vs having to run my own wiring.

That was specific to my 4.
Maybe yours is different?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Select aux audio on your radio screen and that will turn them on
X2
Hey_nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #7

Hmmm....I was hopeful that it would be that easy. Not working for me. I get "no video detected" when I select the Aux function. Also, I find it interesting you have to have the key on and the house power on for the radio to work. Is this the same for everyone?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4434.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	150809
Old 09-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #8

My key does not have to be on. I wonder if your rca cord came unhooked?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Hmmm....I was hopeful that it would be that easy. Not working for me. I get "no video detected" when I select the Aux function. Also, I find it interesting you have to have the key on and the house power on for the radio to work. Is this the same for everyone?

Attachment 150809
Must be a newer head unit than my Sony, so not sure how/why they would have wired it up different.

For power, i've got an unmarked switch next to the auto levelers that powers the head unit from the house batteries/house power when parked.
Hey_nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #10

My RCA cables are connected at both ends...doesn't mean that they are not cut somewhere in between...my SiriusXM wire was cut from factory.

Yes, both my key has to be on and my house power has to be on for the radio to come on. If I turn either off the radio goes off.

I have a "Batt Boost" switch but dealer told me that was to "jump" the chassis off if the chassis battery goes dead. You have to manually hold it up to keep it activated.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:30 AM   #11

I have a 2018 with the same head unit as Jammer151. I can get the house speakers to play the TV audio through Aux. I also must have the ignition in Accessory for the radio work. I found this odd, but just rolled with it.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #12
Commercial Member

??? i the head unit your only DVD player or is there a Samsung home theater system too?

Orignal Force, the DVD player was the dash radio. I am pretty sure we have changed that to the 5.1 system, which means the TV is connected via HDMI to the samsung blu ray player/surround system. So to get the TV to play through the house speakers, the Samsung would need to be on. Sound would play via Audio Return Channel through the samsung...no reason to have the head unit on.

Samsung has apps and bleary...so you could stream your phone and Sirius app through that system.

Sounds like we are talking about two different systems. I'm sitting in a Force HD now...so if you tell me what you are trying to do, I can try and simulate it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Nevermind...I'm in a 18 Force, TV playing through the surround speakers.

1. Samsung DVD player must be on.
2. Set it to D.IN (Which is Digital IN...optical cable) You can get to that hitting the function button on the Samsung remote.
3. turn the TV down and the Samsung up.

happy camping.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nevermind...I'm in a 18 Force, TV playing through the surround speakers.

1. Samsung DVD player must be on.
2. Set it to D.IN (Which is Digital IN...optical cable) You can get to that hitting the function button on the Samsung remote.
3. turn the TV down and the Samsung up.

happy camping.

I don't have a DVD in the front cab over, just one in the master bedroom.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #15

I have an early 2018 and must not have the 5.1 system. I have just a regular Samsung Blu-ray player that is in the overhead bunk. It is connected to an HDMI splitter that feeds the rest of the TVs. The bunk TV as an audio out cable that runs to the head unit. If I select audio auxiliary on the head unit then the house audio will be whatever the TV input is. Like stated previously the ignition must be in accessory to power to the head unit
It sounds like you have a better set up with the 5.1 system. Could you possibly post what needs to be done in order to convert to this?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Jammer, just to confirm...you don't have the Samsung in the entry way cabinet? What floor plan? Pictures what what you do have? and the back TV connections?

Shultz: we run the speakers in the ceiling...so a straight conversion would not be all that practical. You'd be better off with a sound bar. Or you could surface mount the speakers and hide the wires behind the bunk curtain.

Currently we are installing a Samsung 5.1 home theater in a box (methinks). If you put anything like that, you could pretty easily wire it to the TV (in place of the existing blu ray player), then mount the speakers just in front of the bunk curtain.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Jammer, just to confirm...you don't have the Samsung in the entry way cabinet? What floor plan? Pictures what what you do have? and the back TV connections?

Shultz: we run the speakers in the ceiling...so a straight conversion would not be all that practical. You'd be better off with a sound bar. Or you could surface mount the speakers and hide the wires behind the bunk curtain.

Currently we are installing a Samsung 5.1 home theater in a box (methinks). If you put anything like that, you could pretty easily wire it to the TV (in place of the existing blu ray player), then mount the speakers just in front of the bunk curtain.

Thanks Brian. I was thinking sound bar too. Would it be an issue to remove the head unit from switched power? I don't mind it being on--just that you have to mess with the ignition.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #18

Quote:

2017 BH37 HD.....looks like I was between the changes you are referencing as I still have RCA connectors which I assume run to the radio. I will check the cables again.

Because I have to turn the chassis key on to play anything out of the house speakers can I assume it will not drain the chassis battery?

Name:	IMG_4436.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	150875

No DVD, just my Wally:

Name:	IMG_4437.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	150876
Old 09-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #19

Quote:
2017 BH37 HD.....looks like I was between the changes you are referencing as I still have RCA connectors which I assume run to the radio. I will check the cables again.

Because I have to turn the chassis key on to play anything out of the house speakers can I assume it will not drain the chassis battery?

Attachment 150875

No DVD, just my Wally:

Attachment 150876

On the back of my radio the RCA are plugged into the "output" I guess so they can play the DVD on the TV.....
Old 09-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #20

Ok, closer than I was earlier.

Issue 1 (Solved) - The RCA audio cables were plugged into the output on the back of the radio vs input. So now I can play TV and cable box though the house speakers. I simply have to choose "Aux".

Issue 2 - didn't know I had this issue till I solved issue 1. So now to play a DVD I have to use the radio DVD player. To do this put in a DVD in the radio, select DVD on the radio screen, then "House Mode" on the radio, and component on the TV. Now I have the DVD playing on the TV. Here is where I run into the issue, I don't have any sound. As soon as I select "House Mode" which is how I get the DVD to display on the TV the sound goes off. When I turn "House Mode" off the DVD quits playing on the TV, but does play on the radio screen with sound. Unless there is a setting I'm overlooking somewhere it looks like the easiest thing for me to do is to get a cheap DVD and put it up next to the TV.