Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #21

Thank you for the evaluations. That is exactly what I wanted to know. The Jayco looks really nice but I wasn't impressed after looking closely. Never had an A . We are moving from a 5th wheel with tons of kitchen and living space. Hard to find that in any MH. We're down to Dynamax and Renegade now. Just need to find a floorplan we can live with.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #22
Commercial Member

I think I mentioned the TS floor plan with the entertainment center if you want tons of counter space. The nice thing is we also do swivel seats...so the cab chairs turn around like a class A for additional seating. They're also, very comfortable seats.

Not sure you wanted to step up to the XL, but we have a new floor plan there as well that makes the kitchen bigger and adds a "walk in pantry" (not really walk in...but you open a big door and it has drawers below, with shelves above...probably 30" wide).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think I mentioned the TS floor plan with the entertainment center if you want tons of counter space. The nice thing is we also do swivel seats...so the cab chairs turn around like a class A for additional seating. They're also, very comfortable seats.

Not sure you wanted to step up to the XL, but we have a new floor plan there as well that makes the kitchen bigger and adds a "walk in pantry" (not really walk in...but you open a big door and it has drawers below, with shelves above...probably 30" wide).
Mo money?!!!
Do you have a drawing of the floorplan?
I can get anything I want if I have more money!![emoji16]
Old 05-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #24

Former class A or former Jayco Seneca owners

Quote:

Sounds interesting Brian. I would like to see a floor plan or photos if you have them. We do really like the D'Qst.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #25
Commercial Member

It's the 38TS on the Dynaquest XL brochure. I'll see about getting a picture as its tough to see on the floor plan.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #26

We, too, just sold our 2014 Jayco Seneca 37FS and purchased a Dynamax Force HD 37TS. As stated here I could tell that the Force was put together much better and had higher quality components. We just were not confident that the Seneca was in for the long run and there were many nice features of the Force HD that made the decision a slam dunk.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:52 AM   #27

Quote:
It's the 38TS on the Dynaquest XL brochure. I'll see about getting a picture as its tough to see on the floor plan.
Thanks Brian. I've looked at that one. It has a great kitchen. Looks like more foot room around the bed too. Are there any options for additional seating? Like the DS3 TS37 has the option for theatre seating or 2 sofas.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
We, too, just sold our 2014 Jayco Seneca 37FS and purchased a Dynamax Force HD 37TS. As stated here I could tell that the Force was put together much better and had higher quality components. We just were not confident that the Seneca was in for the long run and there were many nice features of the Force HD that made the decision a slam dunk.
Thanks Shultz! Did ya get your WH working?
Old 05-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #29
Big Max

Went from A to DX3. What a difference. Ride is great, also did not like how hot the DP engine area got. We went from Florida to North Carolina, (2 days), could not hardly walk on rear bath floor for a while. Also after thinking about being the first one to the seen in a front end crash was not appealing. We are glad we switched, had to do it again would go the same way.
DKBigMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDQ37RB View Post
We have owned both vehicles you asked about. Had a Newmar Dutchstar for 11 years. Put 65,000 miles on it and it was very good to us. What many have said about wallowing and wandering is true. Also, you have about 1" of glass and fiberglass between you and anything you hit. Then, last year when we decided that we would motorhome for the next 5-7 years, we also decided that we didn't want to be traveling in an 18 year old motorhome. So we sold the Newmar and bought a new Jayco Seneca RB37 with the bath and a half. We did this based upon Jayco's reputation and our having seen many Jayco 5th wheels over the years and been impressed.

One of the worst moves we have ever made. Jayco has figured out how to make the exterior and the things you see look very nice. Where they make their money is by cutting every corner you can imagine. Interior trim and external body panels that fall off, a problematic water heating system that either freezes or scalds, a mattress that develops valleys and peaks, misrouted hydraulic hoses that rub on the frame and rupture. Add to this a leaking shower enclosure that was never sealed and faucet handles that come off in your hand and you begin to get the idea. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was laying on my tarp under the motorhome in the rain, in North Dakota, with my flashlight reattaching the front fiberglass panel so we could move on. Summarizing, the Seneca was a "POS" and these three letters do not stand for Positive.

After one month and nearly 3,000 miles, we traded it in on a Dynamax Dynaquest XL 37RB. Talk about taking a financial bath; don't even ask. We love the Dynaquest. We have just over 2,500 miles on it. What a pleasure to drive and to spend lots of time in. I'm happy, the wife is happy and we can't wait to leave on our trip out west in June. The fit and finish done by Dynamax is outstanding. I think you could go with either the DX3 or the Dynaquest and be very happy for years to come.

Mike
Sounds $$$ painful Mike.
I really appreciate all the feedback. There are so many opinions ( Including my own [emoji57]) it's hard to tell fact from fict.
It's very helpful to hear from people who've experienced the "good, bad & ugly or RVing and finally found the right package.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
Thanks Shultz! Did ya get your WH working?

You're welcome. Yes, the WH is working now. A wire was pulled off the switch for the electric side and the propane side needed a new control module. All good now![emoji2]
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
You're welcome. Yes, the WH is working now. A wire was pulled off the switch for the electric side and the propane side needed a new control module. All good now![emoji2]
Awesome!!
Old 05-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #33

I spent many hours researching what to buy before finding our 2011 Dynaquest 36XL. The local Jayco Seneca salesman told me theirs was built on a more HD chassis than Dynaquest, I schooled him, he was wrong of course, he didn't appreciate that much! The RV drives soooo easy. The looks it gets is worth the price of admission! We feel so safe going down the road. Luxury at its best.
Drive a truck into your next campground & tell all the lookers what you have. Bring lots of beer, the natives get restless.

Dave

David & Mary Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner
Cummins ISC 330HP/1000TQ
dbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbutton View Post
I spent many hours researching what to buy before finding our 2011 Dynaquest 36XL. The local Jayco Seneca salesman told me theirs was built on a more HD chassis than Dynaquest, I schooled him, he was wrong of course, he didn't appreciate that much! The RV drives soooo easy. The looks it gets is worth the price of admission! We feel so safe going down the road. Luxury at its best.

Drive a truck into your next campground & tell all the lookers what you have. Bring lots of beer, the natives get restless.

Dave

I think I saw that coach on the Internet. Very nice ride!
We are still looking for the "right" floor plan. Maybe we are too picky but there are characteristics of all of them that if combined would be perfect. One will turn up somewhere. I hope it's a Dynamax.

Tags
class a