Old 05-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #1

Frigidaire-Residential

My refrigerator stopped working (not cooling);however, the freezer is working. According to manufacture troubleshooting guide, I should check/replace the 15a time delay fuse. Anyone know where this time delayed fuse is located?

Thanks

Mike
2016 Force HD.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
GM

Not sure what is going on...are you sure the Freezer is working and not just holding temp? Those things can stay cold for quote a while.

Engineer found this in the manual...
IMPORTANT
Pressing and holding the On/Off button for three seconds, located on the temperature control panel, will disable your refrigerator’s cooling system but does not disconnect the power to the light bulb and other electrical components. To turn off power to your refrigerator you must unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:53 PM   #3

I am still investigating the symptoms. I think-because the the freezer is working and the refrigerator is not - no cooler air is being moved from the freezer into the refrigerator section. I just finished defrost process and plugged it back in. Will re-check tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:15 AM   #4

Well-that process did not work. Cold air is not coming out from the freezer duck vent into the refrigerator. Perhaps the fan is broke or something else.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #5
GM

I'll see if I can get some tips from our appliance supplier.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
GM

I talked to warranty and they have never heard anything like this. On the retail fridges we normally put you in touch with a local repair shop.

If you want to shoot me your VIN, zip code and contact info I can have our guys look into it. But as you have already found, with a cold freezer and no air going into fridge, defrost normally solves that. If not, could be a bad fan or temp sensor.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #7

Thanks Brian-once again - appreciate your involved assistance here. I did some investigating. No present obstacles are in the pathway between the freezer duct into the refrigerator area. I was able to stick my fingers partially through the duct and up into the lower freezer chamber duct.

I used my volt tester around some the circuit area and could not get a reading from the sensor and fan and some the other wires; however, it might be that my tester is not able to read that low voltage.

I contacted Fridigaire. The only warranty service available in N VA area indicated they do not work on refrigerators in RVs. I call Frigidaire again and they connected me with an entity that helped me; however, it can take over three days to find a warranty service to diagnose and repair. If they are unable, then they will replace the unit.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #8

Sorry to hear about your problem. I figured service would be a PITA.. a bigger pain would be removing it. Looks like slide would have to be taken out.. it ain't going out the door.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #9
GM

most of them we can take out through a window.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #10

On my Blue Bird Wanderlodge had to pull windshield. And side windows on the Bird were bigger than these windows.. be interesting to watch em get this through a window... i'm sure they can if you say so.. hopefully BLK-9 won't have to find out..