Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #21

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/vehi...m2-cab-special

This is what we use. Windshield and side windows. Complete privacy and reduces heat a ton.
ablarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #22

For those of you in the Denver area, go to Paul's Custom Canvas in North Denver. They do amazing, high quality work for very fair prices. I've used them in the past for custom boat covers, new tops for custom rock crawlers, etc.

We are going to have a curtain made (had it in our previous Class A) that goes between the cab area and the house area. Typically this will fasten around the edges either with industrial strength Velcro, snaps or the little miniature turn buckles.

This will totally isolate the cab from the house, which is good for heating/cooling in the cab if you don't want to try and heat/cool the house area. It splits down the middle with Velcro so you can easily go from the cab to the house area. They also put a vinyl window in it so you can see from the cab to the house area. When you want privacy at night there is a flap that folds up and is held in place with Velcro so you have complete privacy.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalans11 View Post
We are going on our first trip tonight in our Isata 4. It is our first class C and my wife is not happy that there is no privacy in the cab. She has been calling around all of the RV stores in Denver and no one has them for the E-450. Is this an uncommon request? Are they supposed to come with the unit?
Yes, you should have solar shields for the front and side window. We ship them with every coach now.

That being said, sometimes they are in the bed storage, they can be in a closet. Sometimes a dealer will take them out when the unit comes in and store them elsewhere.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
Photo from Prompt Sunscreen Web Site.

Be cautious when using sunscreens like this as they use magnets to hold the corners downs. The fabric is mesh and mine somehow got some sand/pebbles in it (the mesh) right where the magnetic sticks to the driver side door. Now I have some wonderful “pinstripes” where I don’t want them.
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #25

Since our DX3 is a 2015 we weren’t lucky to get those front window covers with our unit. So we found a large roll of the thick reflective foil at CW, cut to fit the side windows and windshield. Then sewed on a fabric with pleats onto the outside facing view of them. I used black Velcro to hold them snugly to the inside window trims. Works great to keep heat or air conditioning right where we want it. No complaints from campers near us reflecting or glaring sun light at them. Easy on, easy off.
In our previous Dynaquest (traded in on this DX3) we used a tension shower rod with curtains on it to separate just behind the cab seats which worked well but didn’t stop sun from entering cab area and heating up entire front of unit.
Happy to hear cab window covers come in new units for buyers.[emoji106]
retired18whler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:29 PM   #26

I am bound and determined to come up with an automatic shade solution for the front windshield and the cab side windows. I won’t be able to prototype it until I get my DX3. I want to tie it into multiplex but I’m still trying to figure that part out. Idea is to have a button in the coach to open and close the shades. As far as the shade itself goes, I’m looking at an MCD style automatic shade depending on how they’ll hang or perhaps something like the mechanism that high end cars use in the back window as a sun shade. I’m frankly surprised that someone hasn’t come up with a solution for class 8 w/sleepers.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #27

steverkemp

https://www.iowa80.com/pd/kenworth-d...962009/178392/

Snaps?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablarson View Post
https://www.heatshieldstore.com/vehi...m2-cab-special

This is what we use. Windshield and side windows. Complete privacy and reduces heat a ton.

+1 same setup here. Perfect.
Keys-Tahoe TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #29

Anyone have experience with this product:

Motorhome RV Windshield Covers Super C - Sunpro Mfg

It's similar to the Adco E-450 screen mentioned previously in this thread.

Seems fairly easy to both store and deploy.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #30

I’ve seen somebody else here post similar but can’t for the life of me remember who or where it was. Helpful I know
Old 04-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #31

I bought this sunpro. Well made fits well. Little tricky to install as window side fits around upper arm of mirror and closes with Velcro tab. Need to stand/balance on top step to close, can’t open doors more than a few inches otherwise tab comes loose. Installed can see out well, others cannot see in except at nite with lites on so still need privacy curtain. I like it, would buy again. Wish they would invent an easier way to install it.
Jag73e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #32

Thanks for the feedback. Hate to hear that you still need a privacy screen at night.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
Has anybody come up with a drape system that you could just pull between the cab and coach portions?
Yes sir.... I went to Lowes and purchased a rail and hung curtains on it. It required two screws to be screwed into the ceiling and I just slide it back and tie it back when not in use.

We still use the shades to keep the sun off the interior but I wish there was some nice electric shade to cover the front glass and side windows.

Mark

PS. As soon as I get my DX3 back from the stereo shop, I'll post pics.
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #34
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes, you should have solar shields for the front and side window. We ship them with every coach now.

That being said, sometimes they are in the bed storage, they can be in a closet. Sometimes a dealer will take them out when the unit comes in and store them elsewhere.
Sure wish I had gotten some with mine, I talked with dealer 3-4 times and never have gotten anything from them and it's a year later now. I have tried many different things, not happy with anything I have done yet.

I just look at it like most all other things, take a really nice product and make it better thats what we do....
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
Sure wish I had gotten some with mine, I talked with dealer 3-4 times and never have gotten anything from them and it's a year later now. I have tried many different things, not happy with anything I have done yet.

I just look at it like most all other things, take a really nice product and make it better thats what we do....
Not sure if this helps but when I bought my DX3, the shades were rolled up and folded the suction cups in a u shape.

Dynamax sent out a complete new set and I think I still have the old ones. I’m not sure if the suction cups are replaceable. (I didn’t look, after spending over 200K for a Super C, I wasn’t about to waste my time chasing them down)

Point is, I can take a look and if I still have them and they look like they can be replaced, you’re more than welcome to have them.

Mark
Old 04-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #36
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
Not sure if this helps but when I bought my DX3, the shades were rolled up and folded the suction cups in a u shape.

Dynamax sent out a complete new set and I think I still have the old ones. I’m not sure if the suction cups are replaceable. (I didn’t look, after spending over 200K for a Super C, I wasn’t about to waste my time chasing them down)

Point is, I can take a look and if I still have them and they look like they can be replaced, you’re more than welcome to have them.

Mark
Mark, That would be excellent. Are you coming to Tennessee in June? If you are, you can just bring them with you.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #37

I’m on a waiting list ��
I should be getting my RV back today from the shop, I’ll check to make sure I still have them. I don’t think I threw them away. If I have them, I’ll let you know, you can just send me your address and I’ll mail them.

Lots of sunny days between now and June!

Mark
Old 04-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #38

I posted this link a few months back, he's in San Diego.

https://www.shadepro.net/product/cla...shield-covers/

And in Florida: RV Sunscreen | No More Snaps, Drilling or Climbing

I have had the guy in Winter Haven Fl make me windshield covers for 3 coaches, no need for a ladder, self supporting aluminum bar with industrial suction cups, so easy to put on and you just roll them up and put them in a bag when you are done. Don't know how'd they'd work on a Super C but he'd certainly advise you.

Hope this helps.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalans11 View Post
We are going on our first trip tonight in our Isata 4. It is our first class C and my wife is not happy that there is no privacy in the cab. She has been calling around all of the RV stores in Denver and no one has them for the E-450. Is this an uncommon request? Are they supposed to come with the unit?

I would get online and look for screens for a 450 rather than an Isata 4. For my DX3 I purchased Freightliner M2 screens, works great
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #40

front windshield privacy screen on DX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post

Mark

Did you possibly give them to a guy with a Seneca on a Freightliner chassis?
Last Christmas, in the Keys, I traded my plain Freightliner screens for some with the Dynamax logo. I wondered how he had gotten them.

Also I like having both the window screens and the original Dmax curtains. We use the curtains for overnight stays and the windshield screens for longer stays.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote