Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #1

Fuel gauge,Slide outs,Etc

We had a 2014 seneca that we are in the process of replacing with either another seneca or "up grade" to the Force, Force HD, or the DX3. On the Seneca's the fuel gage when empty still had approx 30 gallons left. Also another issue is at highway speeds when in over drive there was a whine/cricket noise that can be solved by installing a shift isolator kit by freightliner. I was wondering if these issues were also on the Force and DX3 products.
We went to look at the Force and DX3 and was impressed with the overall construction of the slide outs and there sills. Was wondering if they actually sill up nicely when open and when closed driving in rain? We had rain come in our slides several times while driving and also could see day light at the lower corners of our slide outs when in or out. Really impressed with this forum and that there is somebody from Dynamax (Brian) that is aware of what is going on with their products and chimes in every now and then.
columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Fuel could be the result of how the tanks balance out. They are dual feed, dual return...so it does take time to equalize. As for a whine/cricket noise...I've never heard that complaint before. What transmission does your 2014 Seneca run?

I've also not heard of any complaints on the slide side of things. With a flush floor slide, the slide drops down into a tray, so I don't see how you could see daylight,

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #3

Seneca has a Allison 2500MH transmission so that may be limited to that particular transmission. As for seeing daylight I have even noticed several other {Jayco Seneca} units on sales lots where I could see daylight down in the corners. Brian I am happy to hear that your product's slide's are made better. Thanks for your help.
columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:24 PM   #4

We have the Force (not HD) and we have the fuel issue, bought a Diesel Scan Gauge to help figure out when it is closer to empty. I was told if you fill the passenger side tank first, it helps. The trip over Memorial Day we filled the passenger first, still showed empty before it was, but it was closer.

We have the 2500MH transmission, no whining sound.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
So we also have fuel gage issues, knew I saw a post about this. Gage is very inaccurate, we fill it from both sides, doesn't register that it's full, then will read low when we still should have about 40gal. So what is best fix for this? We never know how much fuel we actually have
Old 06-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #6

The Diesel Scan Gauge tracks fillups, I put how many gallons I added and it used the computer to calculate miles left to empty. Filling the passenger side first has helped greatly, when I fill up now, both tanks are at the same level.

The Scan Gauge plugs into the round computer port under the left side of the dash (left of steering column).

Other than that, I have not heard of any other way to make it more accurate.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Thx halla, would u mind sharing which gage you are using?
Old 06-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #8

Here you go. I think I had read that the 2018 Freightliner may require a different adapter to hook it up, I believe Scan Gauge will provide it if the stock one doesn't fit.

https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-d/
Old 06-18-2017, 06:19 PM   #9

I think our chassis is a 16 or 17 so stock might work. Thx much!!
Old 06-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
The Diesel Scan Gauge tracks fillups, I put how many gallons I added and it used the computer to calculate miles left to empty. Filling the passenger side first has helped greatly, when I fill up now, both tanks are at the same level.

The Scan Gauge plugs into the round computer port under the left side of the dash (left of steering column).

Other than that, I have not heard of any other way to make it more accurate.
Which scan gauge model did you buy for your M2-106?

From the web site looks like there are about 4 different ones ?
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #11

This is the D (Diesel) Version for our trucks

https://www.amazon.com/ScanGauge-SGD...ds=scangauge+d

Just got mine installed this weekend with the console. Haven't had any time to play around with it yet.

Halla, how much data do you have to input during fillups? I'm terrible at tracking fuel usage and worry I'm going to get limited use now that I realized it doesn't just think for itself.

I've not had much problem with the fuel gauge, though I also dont think I track it that closely. Usually stop every 400-500 mi and fill up. Lots of time we end up stopping sooner and top off closer to half a tank. I usually start thinking about it when the gauge says 1/4 and rarely get into the red out of sheer paranoia. I usually average 50-75 gal I put in.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #12

You touch the main button, go to "fill-up" and enter the number of gallons you put in, I always hit 80 since that is what mine holds, I think yours is 100 gallons. You can enter price paid too, but I skip that. you have to hit save and the gauge does the rest.

Under "trips" is where it estimates how many gallons left, mileage, and stay on the "miles until empty" screen. I fill up when I get near 200 miles left.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #13

Do you need to tell it exactly how many you put in or just that you filled it up? The pump switching over to DEF always screws me up on how much I put in bc it resets.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #14

I just put in the total the tanks hold. I guess I should read the manual and see if it wants gallons filled, but I am not sure how that would change the reading?

You are making me think too much for a Monday.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #15

Haha fair enough. I need to spend some time tinkering. Carry on...
Old 06-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
This is the D (Diesel) Version for our trucks

https://www.amazon.com/ScanGauge-SGD...ds=scangauge+d

Just got mine installed this weekend with the console. Haven't had any time to play around with it yet.

Halla, how much data do you have to input during fillups? I'm terrible at tracking fuel usage and worry I'm going to get limited use now that I realized it doesn't just think for itself.

I've not had much problem with the fuel gauge, though I also dont think I track it that closely. Usually stop every 400-500 mi and fill up. Lots of time we end up stopping sooner and top off closer to half a tank. I usually start thinking about it when the gauge says 1/4 and rarely get into the red out of sheer paranoia. I usually average 50-75 gal I put in.
My fuel gauge is pretty accurate, but would like to monitor it a little closer..

thanks for the info.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, slide, slide out