Old 04-16-2019, 09:24 AM   #1

Going to get new dx3

Ok guys. Iím new to the forum. And new to dx3.

Flying out at the end of the month to drive cross country home with my new ride. Any suggestions before I leave the dealership or before I embark 2 days home?

wadefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadefishing View Post

Flying out at the end of the month to drive cross country home with my new ride. Any suggestions before I leave the dealership or before I embark 2 days home?
I bought my DX3 from an out of state dealer. My best suggestion is to take your time doing the dealer's inspection of the unit and document everything. It will be the best thing you ever do.

And enjoy your new ride. I really like my 2018 DX3 37TS.

Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #3

Quote:

Yes, take your time inspecting EVERYTHING! Have dealer walk you through "not around" the sytems. See if you can stay over night in their park or a near by park.

Test everything. Move slides in and out several times. Fill all tanks. Empty tanks, use tank flush. Look for plumbing leaks under counters.

Basically, try everything in the coach. All entertainment centers, inverters, generator, leveling systems. Maybe even hose it off around windows and side outs inspect for leaks. It's a long way back to the dealer once your home. And some, don't remember you that well afterwards either.

Regards, best of luck
Congratulations
-Slim
Old 04-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #4

Congratulations! You'll love the DX3, which model did you get?

Search this forum as there are very detailed pre-delivery (PDI) checklists members have created. Go through every single item with the dealer and personally verify proper operation/function of each item. Even if it is a warm day, make sure the AquaHot furnace is turned on and each zone comes on with the correct thermostat and blows hot air. Be prepared to spend a night or two if necessary to have the time to check out, test and use every item.

Check your tire pressure. If the tires are inflated to max pressure and you are running empty with little weight in the rig on the way home, it will ride like a lumber wagon. Maybe go 95 in the rear and 85 in the front?

Let the adventure begin.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:49 AM   #5

Quote:

Test every system and function in the RV so you know they work correctly and you know how to operate them. Have them show you where things like the water pump, water filter, any converters, inverters or cutoffs are. Absolutely don't drive away until everything is installed and working correctly. Getting a service appointment is way harder than having them fix it up front.
There are PDI checklists available on line. Bring one and use it to be sure you check everything before driving off. Hopefully they let you spend a night or two there before leaving so you can check it out thoroughly.
Good luck!
Seeking70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #6

Spend at least two nights at the dealer, hooked up and exercise all systems. Un hook it, drive it, come back hook it up and put the slides out. Cycle everything until you are comfortable all systems are working as expected. This includes all the TV's and such too. There is an old thread on here with a great PDI Inspection sheet, Halla or one of the others put it on here. Use that as a guide, ask lots of questions. Build a punch list and get all the things you find fixed before you leave there. You'll find more on the way home so keep a pad to develop a new punch list for the dealer near you. It's an ongoing task that will last until your warranty expires. Great rig, congratulations and welcome to the Dynamax family.
Days camped in I5 2019 = 26
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #7

I agree with everyone's comments. It is very tempting with the open road staring you in the face to want to get the on the road. Fight the temptation, do a thorough PDI and make sure everything works.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:50 PM   #8
GM

Yes, and whatever they can fix, they should fix right there, because regardless of where you buy it....the busy season is upon us and everyone will be weeks out for service (and that is even for their lifelong local buyers).

If it is something you can live with and does not prevent you from enjoying the use of your rig, then I personally would be OK with addressing that later (that is me personally). But, if that is not you or you have a significant other that it will just grate their nerves that it is there or it in any way prohibits your enjoyable use of the vehicle, have them correct it now.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Congratulations! You'll love the DX3, which model did you get?

Search this forum as there are very detailed pre-delivery (PDI) checklists members have created. Go through every single item with the dealer and personally verify proper operation/function of each item. Even if it is a warm day, make sure the AquaHot furnace is turned on and each zone comes on with the correct thermostat and blows hot air. Be prepared to spend a night or two if necessary to have the time to check out, test and use every item.

Check your tire pressure. If the tires are inflated to max pressure and you are running empty with little weight in the rig on the way home, it will ride like a lumber wagon. Maybe go 95 in the rear and 85 in the front?

Let the adventure begin.
I went with 37bh. We have kids and I want them comfortable. We’ve been looking for about 7 months. Going to be something i put quite a few miles on per year business wise. Thinking it’ll average 20k per year pulling enclosed trailer.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:57 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for the great advice. Sounds like y’all are in unison. I found the pdi most of you were talking about. The dealership doesn’t have a spot to stay overnight but there is a park close.

We’re definately going to stay there that night. Meeting is at 10 am so I’ll have all day to go thru everything with the guys. But I’ll make sure and double check everything now that you all have made it so clear.

I’m sure I’ll have dozens of questions. We’ve been in the living quarters horse trailer set up for a while now. Not afraid to work on one, just a little bigger task in a motor home. Thanks in advance for all the coming knowledge.