Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #1

Happy Dynamax Camper

Just left Elkhart after having some work done on our Isata 3 FW. We drove from our home in CA because we needed a repair on a particular item that we believed would be better handled by the folks who do it every day rather than having the repair done at our dealer. While there, we also had a few warranty items addressed. Brandon Droptiny could not have done more for us. He made sure all of our issues were taken care of and then some. In fact, every employee we met was just terrific. Makes us want to be Dynamax customers for life.

I realize that this forum is typically used to find answers when problems are encountered. But I wanted to take a minute to mention our positive experience.
2guppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #2

Agree with all you said, been there twice for warranty and were treated like royalty both times. Brandon is taking care of an issue we have right now. Great team Dynamax. Best RV mfg I've ever dealt with.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #3

Thanks for posting, it is nice to hear good things.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #4

We also just returned home to California from our Factory service visit on 4/29/2019. 2018 DX3 36FK. We were very impressed with all the DYNAMAX employees dedication to their products. Brandon Droptiny greeted us on Monday morning, reviewed our list (we had no major issues after 23 months and 26,000 miles by the way) and introduced us to Greg the service manager. We were treated like family, all our issued were discussed and promptly resolved. Greg, Marty & crew are amazing. They treat your DYNAMAX like it was their own. We were fully informed of the status and the work performed. We must thank Brian Clemens for having such a great team and his support on this forum. Our DX3 36FK has been the best RV we have ever owned and would consider another DYNAMAX if we ever purchase another RV. Thanks to everyone on the DYNAMAX team. We are very satisfied customers.
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:30 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSWVK View Post
We also just returned home to California from our Factory service visit on 4/29/2019. 2018 DX3 36FK.
I saw you parked out there and was going to come and say Hi, but next thing I looked and you were gone. Glad they got you taken care of.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I saw you parked out there and was going to come and say Hi, but next thing I looked and you were gone. Glad they got you taken care of.
Yeah, we’ll.......
If you weren’t wasting all your time on the forum here helping everyone with their Dynamax queries, you might of had time to actually meet them Brian.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Brian sorry we missed you, but the weather was a factor as we traveled thru TORNADO ALLY on the way home and had a window. No hooligans at the camp either[emoji1] will see you next time we are in the area. Thanks for all you guys do
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #8

Elkhart Warranty Visit

I’ve read several notes of high praise for the warranty service at the Elkhart facility. I am curious...how did you arrange your appointments. I’ve asked my regional service representative to schedule a visit for me, or to tell me who to call. No response. Help!!!
Stanmawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanmawyer View Post
I’ve read several notes of high praise for the warranty service at the Elkhart facility. I am curious...how did you arrange your appointments. I’ve asked my regional service representative to schedule a visit for me, or to tell me who to call. No response. Help!!!
Who did you talk to? We are not really a "service facility". We are a manufacturing facility. We happen to have a very small section that we use to take care of things that the dealer is unable to take care of.

The first point for service is your selling dealer and that is where our guys would direct each customer.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #10

BC, THIS SITUATION IS AS FOLLOWS:

We live in Naples.

The nearest dealer is North Trail RV in Ft Myers. We would have purchased from them but they had no Isata 5 30FW in stock, nor a near term expectation of getting one.

Checking with Doug Shroeder, he found one in stock at Sewell, NJ (Dylan RV).

Now we are orphans. Sewell is 1200 miles away. North Trail’s service manager is a great guy, but warned me that the warranty repair process would take weeks, not a day or two as I experienced with my American Coach when I took it to Decatur for warranty work.

Since we wanted to tour the plant anyway, we thought we could get a few warranty items cared for while we were there.

Sorry, Brian, but as a long term motor coach owner, my faith in the average dealer’s ability to resolve matters in a timely fashion has long ago vanished. I understand their dilemma. They sell scores of products from different manufacturers and each unit is somewhat hand built. The typical RV repair person is more of a handy man than a trained mechanic as you would find at a car dealership.

Before buying my Dynamax I suppose I should have verified that factory warranty work was available and welcomed.

I have submitted the form to try and get issues resolved at the Delaware Rally as well, but I need both my back up camera and a door which remains latched underway. If these cannot be resolved at Massey’s Landing then the factory visit is my next stop.

I have dealt with multiple issues myself, but now I’d like the real pros to fix the few remaining items.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #11
Commercial Member

I see no reason the door and camera can't get resolved at Massey's.

The issue might also be that we are booked out into August as well. Again, we only have a couple of bays to handle things that dealers can't. We should also be able to find another dealer in the area, even a "service only" site in the Naples area that should be able to get yo you quicker. No reason to wait for North Trail

Old 06-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #12

Agree on not trusting dealer service at all. I had a bad experience with a warranty repair at the dealer on my previous coach (2018 Isata 5 4X4) and also during the PDI repair I requested on my new coach (2019 Dynaquest XL) so I won't go that route anymore. I had to completely redo the PDI silicon botch job in my shower after also noticing I had a leak in the shower anyway a week later. They were nice enough but that's not good enough. Must be done right.

As stated, dealerships just don't have the true experience or specific brand expertise to get it right. Now I have heard great things about NIRV centers for service and repairs on coaches. I may give them a try. Problem is nearest one to me is in Las Vegas three hours away...of course a Vegas trip is always fun.

I'm fixing my coach myself (because I can) and working with the factory parts rep or direct with the product OEM's to get replacement items. Just had my first engagement and so far so good...let's see if I get the parts I requested in a reasonable amount of time.

Cheers,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #13

I, too, have heard great things about NIRVC service. I purchased an American Heritage 45’, 600 HP pusher from them (in Texas) years ago and the experience spoiled me. Unfortunately, their nearest facility to me is near Atlanta about 700 miles away.

So, like you, I will do everything possible to keep our coach in good and capable hands...mostly my own, and use the Elkhart facility the a best, but last resort.

Tags
camper