Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2018, 09:13 PM   #1

Has anyone replaced their dash XITESOLUTIONS?

Our 2015 DX3 in dash radio/nav/cameras unit XSG2NA-X2 hasn’t worked well since we got the unit. Now the only things I use it for is when turn signals used the cameras come on... sporadically. It needs replaced and I don’t know if I should replace with the same unit or is there a better one that works the same way?
retired18whler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #2

There is a firmware update for the unit. Might want to try that first plus update nav map software.
jnlegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:35 AM   #3

Yes. I replaced with Kenwood DDX9704S and added the front camera. I use the iPhone and Apple Carplay for navigation.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:25 PM   #4

Same as Shultz, same Kenwood, added dash cam and love the Apple CarPlay.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #5

Thanks to all of you for the information, I’m look into it this week.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
Commercial Member

You gonna be at the rally?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #7

No, we are not able to squeeze the rally in between enjoying trips with our kids and grandkids.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:12 PM   #8

Final update as to dash radio, I bought and installed the Pioneer NEX
AVH-2240NEX. The new radio works with both Apple and Android. The mapping system I use (Android) can be displayed on the screen which is easier than looking at my phone.
My factory radio had an issue,; I believe hardware, also the camera problem I was having was the CONNEXX CVS300-01 was only seeing 5 to 6 volts instead of the 12 to 13 it needed. After fixing that, the system works as it should. I did read on the web because the CMM port on the CONNEXX box has nowhere to feed on the new Jensen radio that the trigger output would not function properly but this was not the case with mine. The CONNEXX box sends 12 volt thru the trigger to the radio. My new radio trigger will accept either battery or ground in the settings. You can buy a CONNEXX CVS150-01 that does not have the CMM port. I have one coming I will keep as a spare.

( by the way on our 2015 DX3 after tearing apart the front of the cab tracing wires- I’ll save you some trouble, the CONNEXX box is located on the passenger side above the door inside the compartment with a removable back.)

Thanks to all who responded, Greg
Old 05-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #9

thanks for sharing - many time we take our rv to places where we have no phone signal and count on a gps based nav system. What are your plans for that situation with the Pioneer?
jnlegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #10

It’s called TamTam I use which is my wife and she’s great at reading her paper maps.
We’re trying to teach our children and grandchildren how to read and use paper maps along with reading a analog clock or watch...finally we got our eldest granddaughter to be able to read her analog watch... ha ha.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:56 PM   #11

I believe there is a optional gps mapping system from Pioneer available for that model radio, I didn’t need it... remember I have TamTam lol
Old 05-23-2018, 09:25 PM   #12

Mine is Kat Nav. She's a great navigator and map reader. Our Jensen works quite well too!
Dbrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired18whler View Post
It’s called TamTam I use which is my wife and she’s great at reading her paper maps.
We’re trying to teach our children and grandchildren how to read and use paper maps along with reading a analog clock or watch...finally we got our eldest granddaughter to be able to read her analog watch... ha ha.
LOVE this.

I subscribe to this same policy. When life gives you lemons...
My kids, and now me too I guess, call it "First World Problems".

With the new house, we do not have internet yet. So we have had to make due, read more, get more projects done. We can sit and lament the lack of internet, or learn to enjoy the things we enjoyed prior to.

Brand new dishwasher has not worked since day 1. While, I really do want that back..it was nice to do a little "I'll wash, you dry" flashback. a little team work never hurt anybody.

My youngest hangs maps of the places we visit on the wall. I think now I'm going to steal this and have him track our progress.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote