Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 12:48 AM   #1

Heading to Moab

I am heading out from Indiana to Dolores, Colorado for a few days starting on the 25th, then to Silverton, Colorado for a few days, then to Moab, Utah for 5 days. From Dolores, I will be heading west to 491, then northwest to Monticello Utah to get to Moab via 191 North. Has anyone driven their DX3 with a trailer on this route to Moab. I'm pretty much dedicated to come into Moab on 191 from the south since I will be in southern Colorado where as before I always made my approach 70 west from Denver then south to Moab.

2015 DX3 37BHHD with 26' enclosed Aluminium trailer. So shes pretty long.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:54 AM   #2

I have driven my 2017 Force HD with a 27” enclosed trailer weighting in at ~13K this route.....does this count?
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer151 View Post
I have driven my 2017 Force HD with a 27” enclosed trailer weighting in at ~13K this route.....does this count?
Sure does. So I take it no issues? You ever drive South out of SILVERTON Colorado or north from Dolores Colorado?
murraym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #4

I live in Rifle, CO and have driven both routes several times in our Dynaquest 360XL...N from Dolores over Lizard Head Pass is drop dead gorgeous...on the N side is Telluride...continuing on brings you to Ridgway...great SP there...if you are going to Moab from Dolores, 491 to Monticello, then 191 to Moab is the best route...both drives this time of year will be no problem in your rig!
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #5

Oh yeah...we’ve also driven over Red Mountain Pass between Ouray, CO and Durango (stopping in between in Silverton)...I love that drive...my wife hates it! :-)
bruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
Oh yeah...we’ve also driven over Red Mountain Pass between Ouray, CO and Durango (stopping in between in Silverton)...I love that drive...my wife hates it! :-)
Now that one takes some stones!
Old 06-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #7

Quote:
I live in Rifle, CO and have driven both routes several times in our Dynaquest 360XL...N from Dolores over Lizard Head Pass is drop dead gorgeous...on the N side is Telluride...continuing on brings you to Ridgway...great SP there...if you are going to Moab from Dolores, 491 to Monticello, then 191 to Moab is the best route...both drives this time of year will be no problem in your rig!

What he said [emoji846]
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #8

Quote:
We will be doing that one in a month with a 5,000 pound trailer on back.
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraym View Post
Sure does. So I take it no issues? You ever drive South out of SILVERTON Colorado or north from Dolores Colorado?
I have driven 550 south from Montrose to Durango back up to Moab with my last set up. I wouldn't think twice about doings it with the DX3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0531.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	455.8 KB
ID:	176229  
Webefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #10

Quote:
I’ve ridden it a couple times on the bike but not the rv. Beautiful ride.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote