Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #21

I am not that familiar with the Isata 3. Do you have a Precision Plex system? A touchpad on the wall? If so try turning off the battery disconnect for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on to reset the system.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by altlamp View Post
Hmmmm...I think it is because we can watch it when we’re dry camping.

The one in the front does not work, but the one in the bedroom does.
Since your not using a volt meter I can't be of much help. The working tv might be on your inverter. What kind if plugs are on your TV's.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #23

There is an electrical panel in the stair well right below your control panel. It has some fuses in it that might be related.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #24

If you are hooked up to shore power, check to see if the breaker on the pedestal has tripped. If not, make sure others around you have power (section may be out). If it is all operational and you have power at the pedestal, then it will be somewhere between the pedestal and the RV. Look for mains first, then secondary breakers/fuses, then GFI circuits. If you don't have a meter (get one at Harbor Freight for cheap with a coupon), then you can rig something that lights up with power - either something that plugs in and lights up or makes a mechanical sound to see if the circuit is on. Also, you may find a fellow camper that has a meter you can borrow for a couple minutes, since Grand Canyon is pretty far from a hardware store to get a meter. Good luck.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #25

Do you have a surge protector? Do check the power pedestal also unplug your power cord and check the plugs. Is there any blackening around the plugs? If something happened at the pedestal, it could burn out the cord.
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
But I thought you said you had an electric hookup?

Do you know if your converter is powered up and working? It is the device that converts 120v AC to 12v DC. Battery condition is somewhat out of the puzzle if you have shore power.

Are you plugged into shore power?
Yes, we have shore power. That is why we are so perplexed. We don’t have water hook up, which is why we had to fill our tank and are using the pump. The controls panel lights worked when we filled up the fresh water tank. We were able to use the water for cooking, dishes, flushing the toilet, etc. when we were getting ready to go to bed, water wasn’t coming out of the faucet when we brushed our teeth. Went to make sure the pump was turned on; that’s when we discovered the panel lights weren’t working
altlamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratbros View Post
I am not that familiar with the Isata 3. Do you have a Precision Plex system? A touchpad on the wall? If so try turning off the battery disconnect for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on to reset the system.
Not sure about the Precudion Plex Ststem. But I will try the battery disconnect again, but keep it off for s couple of minutes.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaB View Post
Do you have a surge protector? Do check the power pedestal also unplug your power cord and check the plugs. Is there any blackening around the plugs? If something happened at the pedestal, it could burn out the cord.
Yes, we have a surge protector. We already tried unplugging the power and plugging it back in.

Everything works but the water pump and the control panel lights
Old 03-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #29

Where are the fuses/circuit breakers for this part of the control panel? This is the only thing that I’d not working
Old 03-23-2019, 06:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Yes, we have a surge protector. We already tried unplugging the power and plugging it back in.

Everything works but the water pump and the control panel lights
I don't know you unit but it sounds like you blew a fuse on the 12v side.
Open the door on your converter and find the one for your water pump, since you don't have a meter, just replace it.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Where would I find circuit breaker B and B listed?

All 12 volt power is working. It’s the water pump (our tank was full when we set up camp last night), the porch light, TV and control panel lights that are not working.
All 12 volt is NOT working! The water pump, porch light, etc. are also 12 volt. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with your RV to tell you where that circuit breaker is located. Usually near the battery.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
There is an electrical panel in the stair well right below your control panel. It has some fuses in it that might be related.
Thanks! We’ll check that out.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:45 PM   #33

Thanks everyone for your help! This is why we love the Dynamax Forum.

We’re heading home tomorrow and it’s only a 6 hour drive. My husband thinks he’ll be better equipped to,check things out at home.

We’re perplexed! Hooked up to shore power and everything was working fine until we were getting ready for bed and couldn’t get water when we were brushing out teeth. I’m wondering.....we’re in a rustic campground. Could a pack rat or something chewed through some electrical,wires?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #34
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your help! This is why we love the Dynamax Forum.

We’re heading home tomorrow and it’s only a 6 hour drive. My husband thinks he’ll be better equipped to,check things out at home.

We’re perplexed! Hooked up to shore power and everything was working fine until we were getting ready for bed and couldn’t get water when we were brushing out teeth. I’m wondering.....we’re in a rustic campground. Could a pack rat or something chewed through some electrical,wires?
Anything is possible but more likely a loose connection or blown fuse.

Many water pump fuses are near the pump in an inline fuse holder close to where the wires come out of the pump. Having a multimeter and being able to check for voltage at the pump and your panel will eliminate most of the guessing we are doing at this point.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #35

Last year had similar issue and discovered one of the industrial power fuses coming out of the battery bank went bad (https://m.littelfuse.com/products/fu...wer-fuses.aspx). Luckily I had two, one from solar to bank and one from bank to house. So disconnected the solar one and used it while I ordered another.

Some reason I cannot post a pic right now. But they look like the ones that have the flat bars coming out of both ends.
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:14 PM   #36

We are home now and going through all of the suggestions people have given us and we have additional questions:

1. Where is the water pump on the Isata 3? Several people suggested we check the fuse at the water pump, but we cannot find where the water pump is.

2. We cannot find any fuses that say water pump. We checked the fuse panel under the refrigerator and the electrical panel in the stairwell. Nothing relates to water pump. Are there other places the fuse might be? Or would it be named something else?

3. A couple of people suggested we open the door to the converter and find the fuse for the water pump. As far as we can tell, we don’t have a door to the converter. In the electrical panel in the stairwell we found a converter re-set button, and we pushed that button but there was no change.

4. A couple of people suggested the breaker might need to be re-set near battery C distribution. What is battery C distribution and where would I find it?

We have looked through the manual and cannot find any answers to our questions.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #37

I started another thread titled “Isata 3 Pump Fuse Questions” since our fuse/breaker locations are probable different than the big rigs.

Thanks everyone for your help so far. We are leaving a lot about our RV, but this last issue mystifies us!

Tags
electric, electrical, pump, water, water pump