Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #21

One inlet for fresh fill. Valve in wet bay allows water to fill black flush... thought the same about the same line feeding both. I thought they had to be separate.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #22

If that gap is that small I would get back to the dealer ASAP. That needs to be corrected.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #23

My Black Flush connection is totally independent of the City hookup.The only valve I have from the City hookup is to fill the Fresh Water tank. Something doesn't seem right.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
My Black Flush connection is totally independent of the City hookup.The only valve I have from the City hookup is to fill the Fresh Water tank. Something doesn't seem right.
Here is a photo of the wet bay and valves. Only one inlet for water for all tanks.
Uh oh, looks like it uploaded wonky but I think you can see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	168392  
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
Here is a photo of the wet bay and valves. Only one inlet for water for all tanks.
Uh oh, looks like it uploaded wonky but I think you can see it.

Yup, same on mine. Second valve diverts water to the black flush by city water or water pump.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #26

I think you are right. One port for shore water inlet, then a valve to fill the tank, another for the Black Tank flush. And maybe another for 'City' water?

If so make sure you have the Black Tank flush on and you should hear a rush of water going into the tank, it's actually a spray device sorta like a lawn sprinkler. So if you hear that then water is going into your black tank. Let it run awhile and then open the black tank dump valve. You can let it run until it runs clear. And you can buy an 8" or longer sewer hose adapter that is clear plastic so you can watch the poop leave, and eventually the water will run clear as the tank is flushed out. I like the clear connector so I can know that I got it all.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #27

And some people want to change the forum..... Where else can you learn poop is stacking up and how to flush it out in the best fashion....

All joking aside: Great info and people willing to help.. With poop... Where else you gonna find that?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:07 PM   #28

You gotta be kidding, there isn’t a plumbing code in the country that would allow a fresh water inlet that shares the water tank fill and black tank rinse even with check valves. That can’t be right. There should be a separate black tank flush.
Hsrvtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #29

Hsrvtime. There is a one way check valve in the so the water can only flow into the black tank and to nowhere else. I had a M. H. where the Mfg had installed the check valve backwards and believe me water would not go into the Black tank. For that fix I had to carefully remove a decorative mirror glued on to a wall then saw a hole in the wall for access. I then reversed the valve and voila the black tank flush was fixed. The joys of RV life. ��
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 04-15-2018, 09:52 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
I think you are right. One port for shore water inlet, then a valve to fill the tank, another for the Black Tank flush. And maybe another for 'City' water?

If so make sure you have the Black Tank flush on and you should hear a rush of water going into the tank, it's actually a spray device sorta like a lawn sprinkler. So if you hear that then water is going into your black tank. Let it run awhile and then open the black tank dump valve. You can let it run until it runs clear. And you can buy an 8" or longer sewer hose adapter that is clear plastic so you can watch the poop leave, and eventually the water will run clear as the tank is flushed out. I like the clear connector so I can know that I got it all.
That is exactly how it worked. Including seeing the poopy water clear up at the end. But only one inlet, no separate one for city water. If u want to hook up to city water I guess u don't turn any valves. Haven't done that yet as we were boondocking
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 04-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #31

That's right Linda and when you get to a place where you have shore water and turn the valve for city water you'll hear it pressurize your water pipes. You also want your onboard water pump off if your are on shore water supply. Where are you all dry camping? How are the batteries and the solar keeping up with running the residential fridge? Are you enjoying the coach?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 04-15-2018, 10:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
. Where are you all dry camping? How are the batteries and the solar keeping up with running the residential fridge? Are you enjoying the coach?
We are at Lake Isabella, in central Ca. The batteries may not be totally keeping up. In the morning, the batteries are showing less than 12v. The first night we had the heater on, plus the fridge. The 2nd night we didnt use the heater but the batteries were the same. During the day the solar is keeping the batteries charged just fine and we had the Maxx Air fans going, plus the radio on the blueray player and no problems. Just drains at night. So we ran the generator first thing in the morning. Is that normal? Batteries were showing 11.8v in the am
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 04-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #33

I would try to keep them up there at the 11.5 or higher. There are a couple of good threads on the forum about keeping batteries up and how long to run your generator in the morning. Good to hear that your solar is keeping up, you can also add a couple of batteries that would help you too, esp if you do a lot of boon docking.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 04-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltown View Post
If you don't flush with enough water in the bowl you will get a mountain of poo and paper pile up directly below the toilet opening. Your black tank flush is to be used when or after dumping at the dump station to clean out any leftover solids that remain in the black tank. You should ensure your black tank is fairly full of liquids before you dump.

You mentioned something I've often wondered about. When I flush my black tank, I try to flush the toilet a couple of times (the number two button) to put some water in the tank.

How much water is considered "enough"? Is two flushes going to drop a couple of gallons in there?

Thanks,

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
You mentioned something I've often wondered about. When I flush my black tank, I try to flush the toilet a couple of times (the number two button) to put some water in the tank.

How much water is considered "enough"? Is two flushes going to drop a couple of gallons in there?

Thanks,

Mark

Depends on your water level setting. The "standard" flush appears to put about a gallon of water in per flush... that's my WAG... (wild ass guess) [emoji23]
Old 04-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #36

vrunner, Let's ask BC if the Black Tank Sprayer reaches all corners of the black tank? If it does there'd be no real need to flush the toilet?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 04-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #37

We have a plastic pan that fits in the sink.

First day we wash dishes and catch all water in the bin(boondocking thing). Gray tanks tend to fill first.

The we add (cup)dawn liquid and Calgon. About two gallons. Helps odor and gets the holding tank going.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #38
Commercial Member

I would always flush the toilet with a decent amount of water when cleaning out the black tank. I don't think those valves get to all corners. The tornado valve seems to spray in a wider pattern, but its not actually listed, so we can't use it.

It sounds like what everyone already said...not enough water on the initial flush which allowed a mound to start and kept piling on. You have to be careful with kids too...I have one that will use an entire roll.

If you have never seen the GIF/video from Chris Pratt on Parks and Rec, I highly recommend it. My kid said the same thing. "I keep wiping and wiping, but its like I'm wiping a marker". That can also cause a mound right below the opening.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post

First day we wash dishes and catch all water in the bin(boondocking thing). Gray tanks tend to fill first.

The we add (cup)dawn liquid and Calgon. About two gallons. Helps odor and gets the holding tank going.
Can u plz explain what if anything the dawn and calgon do besides odor control? The dawn doesn't foam in the tank? And do you use black water chemical in the tank as well?
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 04-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #40
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post

Ditto. We wash in a bin (rinse in the sink). Then I dump the bin into the black since it never has enough. I kids often dump last bits of water/pop, etc...I try and direct them to black as well.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote