Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 06:09 PM   #1

Help me understand the differences between DX3 and ForceHD features

Comparing a 2019 ForceHD vs Dx3. Same floorplan 36FK... I'm trying to decide if the 25-30k difference in price is worth it.

- Chassis, motor, and running gear all same
- Paint, dx3 looks a bit better (don't care too much)
- TVs, Sansui vs Samsung (don't really care much as I could change these out)
- Cabinets, hardwood front vs all hardwood(don't really care much)
- Heating, LP Furnace with 10Gal heater vs Aquahot 400D (this seems to be a big deal in terms of available hot water and ability to dry camp longer)
- Range, LP vs all electric (sort of like LP here, but no big deal really)
- Fridge, Dual mode LP vs all electric (don't really care)
- Awning, Side mounted vs roof integrated (don't know if I care)
-
- Toilet differences?
- Inverter differences?
- Other differences I'm missing in overall construction or systems?

The dx3 clearly has more, but is it worth 30k...

I wish I had more experience with these systems as I think it will become crystal clear over time.

Also, does the bunk over cab have any noticeable impact on MPG or problems with weight up there....?
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #2

Inverter is 2000 Force 3000 DX3 I believe. That results in some outlets that dont have 110v on battery. DX3 everything but AC works on battery.

I think DX3 has the valences on the sides of the window the Force doesnt have.

Awning on the DX3 is integrated into the roofline vs wall mounted and has a self retractable sensor

Overall construction is the same.

I think thats mostly it. As you see they're pretty darn close. Its either A. not worth the extra money for the little stuff or B. when I'm spending this much whats another 30k.

For me after owning one the Aqua hot is a must have (which is like 10k of the 30k itself I'd bet)
Old 06-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Inverter is 2000 Force 3000 DX3 I believe. That results in some outlets that dont have 110v on battery. DX3 everything but AC works on battery.

I think DX3 has the valences on the sides of the window the Force doesnt have.

Awning on the DX3 is integrated into the roofline vs wall mounted and has a self retractable sensor

Overall construction is the same.

I think thats mostly it. As you see they're pretty darn close. Its either A. not worth the extra money for the little stuff or B. when I'm spending this much whats another 30k.

For me after owning one the Aqua hot is a must have (which is like 10k of the 30k itself I'd bet)
Thanks,

I forgot about the awning differences. I thought the inverters were now the same, but not 100% sure on that.

The aquahot is my biggest hang up really. I keep playing games with myself on what I could do with 30k...and i have a daughter starting college this semester...so that is gong to hurt also.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #4

Force has the side valances on the windows as well. Not sure if that is changing with one coming out in 2019.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #5

Oh DX3 has multiplex, Force HD does not.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Oh DX3 has multiplex, Force HD does not.
In some floor plans I think. The 36fk.. they seemed to both be non-duplex but may have missed it....
Old 06-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #7

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...xl-141145.html
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #8

You can also request a 2018 Truck Training Packet from Brian or a Dealer and it will have all the standards, options, and features for each as well in one pdf file...or message me with an email and I will send to you...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:56 AM   #9

We were in the exact same position you are currently in. Ultimately, the all electric/diesel aqua hot was the deciding option for us. Had this been an option on the Force HD, that’s what we would have purchased.

As mentioned above, the inverter is different, and the entire DX3 is wired off of it. I was under the impression that the AC’s were not, but, when connected to 20A service at the house, I’ve seen my system switch over from shore power to the inverter in order to start the front AC compressor. This was odd to me, as it went against my previous understanding of the wiring, but it raised no alarms when I asked about it here. I still would like to have a complete wiring diagram.

We have the cab over bunk, and our mileage seems to be inline with what others have posted - 7.5 on average.

Combining some thoughts from this thread and your outher one regarding towing, my opinion is that an all electric/diesel aqua hot, Force HD, built on the M2-112 chassis would have been the ideal rig.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #10

You can still get a gas range and gas fridge as an option. The DX3 awning is quite expensive and the other bid expense comes from the Aquahot. Was in the same dilemma not too long ago but bit the bullet on the DX3 after looking at both side by side. What convinced me? It was actually the nicer solid feel to the doors on the DX3.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post

We have the cab over bunk, and our mileage seems to be inline with what others have posted - 7.5 on average.

Combining some thoughts from this thread and your outher one regarding towing, my opinion is that an all electric/diesel aqua hot, Force HD, built on the M2-112 chassis would have been the ideal rig.
Yes, a 112 Force with aqua hot, would have been exactly what I wanted...

But I'm thinking the aqua hot is my deal braker on the Force at the moment....

7.5 eh.. I was hoping for more like 9. I'm wonder if the cab over has impact or If my hope of 9 was just wishful thinking.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #12

I've got a dx3 36fk with the cab over, we've been averaging the 8 to 9 consistently. The lower end has mainly been all headwinds.

Drive 65mph and don't tow, so that helps.
Vansteenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #13

MPG is all in your controls. 6.5-7 at 75 mph. I’ve seen 10 at 60-65
Old 06-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #14

Also what your describing is an XL lol
Old 06-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #15

I’m always towing...and probably going too fast. Never seen 9mpg.

The only part of the XL price delta I’d pay for is the 112 chassis and upgraded 8.9. During the very brief period of time when this was a DX3 option, I seem to recall Brian saying it was about a $9k upgrade. I’d have done that deal.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansteenburg View Post
I've got a dx3 36fk with the cab over, we've been averaging the 8 to 9 consistently. The lower end has mainly been all headwinds.

Drive 65mph and don't tow, so that helps.
How do you like the 36fk. I liked the external dimensions of it... Inside was a bit simple and low on a home like feel, but very functional I think.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:09 AM   #17
Commercial Member

MY 19 brochures should be out in the next week (I think I said that for the last 3 weeks). But I did OK the proof this time.

The regular Force is gone and has been merged into the new Force HD. Lino throughout, no tile option. Truma. I am still messing with the valances as they are not supposed to have legs, but I think the early ones do.

We should have a clearer side by side feature list shortly after.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #18

The last trip we took was from eastern Iowa to Denver, Co (moved the oldest out there for a job). Towing a 12’ U-Haul trailer and pushing a pretty heavy crosswind across Nebraska, we got 7.9 mpg. The ride back with no trailer, 8.5 mpg. I do believe if the rearend would be geared to go a little faster, the mileage would be over 9. I’m not complaining, if the fuel mileage is an issue, we shouldn’t have an awesome coach like this.
RockHaulerLarry523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
MY 19 brochures should be out in the next week (I think I said that for the last 3 weeks). But I did OK the proof this time.

The regular Force is gone and has been merged into the new Force HD. Lino throughout, no tile option. Truma. I am still messing with the valances as they are not supposed to have legs, but I think the early ones do.

We should have a clearer side by side feature list shortly after.
So this one is listed as a 19.. Does that mean it actually has a Truma?

Lino? meaning the floor? It has an option that says tile floor in bedroom instead of carpet (+ about 1k)

The vin is 1FVACXFE8JHJS5861 if that helps.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:19 AM   #20
Commercial Member

We built some 2019's as 2018's spec's because they were ordered retail and we were trying not to change a bunch of stuff people would then complain about. (always tough when they order off previous model years specs). So it looks like that one got the 10 gallon water heater and tile floor. So it's one of the early 19's built to 18 specs.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote