Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Here is what we have right now...It may not be 100% accurate as we are finalizing some 2020 changes. Pretty close though.

I also attached a training guide that Jared Graber the midwest rep put together.
bclemens, when you have finalized the 2020 changes, can you post a training guide between the DX3 and the XL ?
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:18 PM   #42

Looking at current brochures, it looks like Force HD and DX3 both have the same:
  • 2,800W Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Charger (3,900 Peak Watts); and
  • AGS / Automatic Generator Start.

Just want to confirm that is correct since some earlier posts discussed otherwise on earlier model years?

Thank you.
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:48 AM   #43
Commercial Member

correct

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #44

Thank you Brian.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:08 PM   #45

We own a 2019 Force HD and now have the opportunity to move to a 2019 DX3. The differences we are aware of are:
112 chasis vs 106
aquahot heating and water heater
tile floor vs vinyl floor
all electric vs propane and electric
2800 W Inverter
pwrpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:15 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrpwr View Post
We own a 2019 Force HD and now have the opportunity to move to a 2019 DX3. The differences we are aware of are:
112 chasis vs 106
2800 W Inverter
Back in 2017, we almost bought an Force HD. I was told that in 2018, the Force HD was going be all electric. Did that ever happen?

As far as the tile vs vinyl, I think I would rather have the vinyl. We have tile in our 2018 DX3 and while it's pretty to look at, we just got it back from the dealer from replacing 5 tiles (they were suppose to do 6 but that required taking a wall down)

My fear is that they are going to crack again (nothing we did, just movement from the RV) and if that happens, Brian and I are going to have a discussion.

The all electric was a deal breaker for us, I hated having to deal with propane tanks and the convenience of all electric is fantastic.

The aqua hot is an excellent idea. Unfortunately for us, we've had to have it repaired repeatedly and though I just got it back last week, it's going back in to have the aqua hot motor replaced. Aqua hot's customer service is HORRIBLE. It took them 3 months to approve repair at some point during the first 3-4 "fixes". Now that December has rolled past us, our warranty has expired and I'm forced to use our aftermarket warranty (though it has never been fixed correctly and this is on going) which will supposedly move faster.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #47
Commercial Member

I get very few issues with the Aquahot...if and when we do, they are mainly lack of use items. But, as with anything, sometimes there are oddball ones.

FYI, Aquahot was just purchased by AirXcel/Suburban...so that may expand their service/support options.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 AM   #48

Quote:
I get very few issues with the Aquahot...if and when we do, they are mainly lack of use items. But, as with anything, sometimes there area oddball ones.

FYI, Aquahot was just purchased by AirXcel/Suburban...so that may expand their service/support options.
Here's the funny part... I leave my RV plugged in 24/7 when not in use. I do that so I can run the AC during the summer and heat during the winter. I'm just trying to avoid cracking and hardening of joints, seals and glue while sitting under extreme temps.

I even had them service the aquahot just to make sure it wasn't clogging up (gets sooty) with soot from being used to much...lol.

Anyway, hopefully they'll get it fixed soon enough.

Mark
Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrpwr View Post
112 chasis vs 106
2800 W Inverter
Someone will certainly chime in and correct me if I misstate any of this...

Both the Force HD and the DX3 are built on the exact same M2-106 chassis. The M2-112 chassis is only available on the Dynaquest XL.

Correct regarding the flooring.

Correct regarding the all electric and aquahot.

I think the use of the same 2800W inverter now in both the Force HD and the DX3 was confirmed recently in another thread.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #50
Commercial Member

^^correct^^

I will add that the Force HD uses the stock Freightliner seat, recovered in matching material.

"all electric" is an OPTION on the DX3. It is standard on the XL.

Interesting enough....the Newmar Superstar, I think a few commented about how nice the seats were. Those were simply stock Freightliner seats with the fabric back for a day cab.

If I had known everyone would love the stock seats so much I would have switched a long time ago. I can get those in black ultra leather and call it a day.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #51

Quote:
^^correct^^

I will add that the Force HD uses the stock Freightliner seat, recovered in matching material.

"all electric" is an OPTION on the DX3. It is standard on the XL.

Interesting enough....the Newmar Superstar, I think a few commented about how nice the seats were. Those were simply stock Freightliner seats with the fabric back for a day cab.

If I had known everyone would love the stock seats so much I would have switched a long time ago. I can get those in black ultra leather and call it a day.

That's funny as hell since it seems the seats have been a pain in your butt (no pun intended) as long as I've been here...lol.

Mark
Old 03-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #52

Seats are such a personal issue. I would install a 5 gallon bucket to get the rig home and let everyone do their own seats. lol.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #53
Commercial Member

We can't really call it the "Bucket" option...but something maybe that sounds similar, Rhymes perhaps, has a better ring?...better describes the situation?....hmmmm, let me think....

Old 03-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #54

Im following you. I would love to see that option listed on my next build sheet.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #55
Commercial Member

I can do a 99 option on your next order

Old 03-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #56

Quote:
We can't really call it the "Bucket" option...but something maybe that sounds similar, Rhymes perhaps, has a better ring?...better describes the situation?....hmmmm, let me think....
I think you can get seat swivels for 5 gallon buckets at Bass pro
Old 03-27-2019, 08:47 PM   #57

Can you please tell me if the cab-over bunk is the same design and the same dimension on Force HD vs. DX3 (when built with optional cabover bunk)? i.e. does the cabover have the same lip on the exterior on both, and is the interior height (for sleeping area of bunk) the same on both?

Thank you.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #58
Commercial Member

yes, same cap.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:34 PM   #59

Thank you Brian.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #60

Differences

Hello, Old thread but I figure this was the best place for the discussion. I am looking at the Dynamax DX3 37BH, Force 37BH and the Force 37BH HD. Here are our requirements...

Need about 3-4k lbs for personal cargo and persons and 10k towing to tow our 1991 square body suburban. Will the Force work for us? Also the aquahot sounds awesome but I it looks like neither Force version comes with it. I have a chinese diesel heater and love it. Is the Aquahot similar to a diesel heater as far as heating air? If I purchased a force would I be able to upgrade to the aquahot system? Is the insulation and build quality (structural) any different between the versions? We don't care so much about the quality of cabinets or vinyl flooring but we do care about the build quality with the foundation and insulation. Lastly we are going to load up with solar and lithium. Is the Force HD version all electric and if so what years were all electric?

Thanks in advance!
Brian
GunTotnHippie is offline   Reply With Quote