Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What happened to you being a Meanie? This must be the one exception I guess.
I have been voted "the worst" by at least a few people. But I do try to help out, which is the only reason I come to the forum. I just get frustrated with ranting over and over, that is when I get mean I guess. LOL.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:45 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What happened to you being a Meanie? This must be the one exception I guess.
Lol I'll take it! Sorry to bring this up again but still trying to decide on which version to get. I keep leaning towards the 6.7 Cummins because of the ability to delete DEF. Not that I would actually do that! Also the ability to upgrade HP and the availability of after market parts. Finally cost on a used 2016 Force runs about 140k which is hard to justify going up to a DX3 at 200k+. What is the average dry weight of the force version? I can't seem to find any info on the dry weight of these rigs. I think I found one forum mentioning 19500lbs. If so then my 7k lbs suburban with all our stuff shouldn't be a problem. Is this accurate?
GunTotnHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:55 AM   #83

I dont remember the dry weight of my original Force, sorry.

I do know there was a lot of reports from Cummins and Allison that the cooling and transmission will not handle more HP, but it will be off of warranty if you get a 2016 so that is up to you.

I know I like my HD much more than the 6.7, the 6.7 just didnt move up the mountains and hills like the HD.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:21 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I dont remember the dry weight of my original Force, sorry.

I do know there was a lot of reports from Cummins and Allison that the cooling and transmission will not handle more HP, but it will be off of warranty if you get a 2016 so that is up to you.

I know I like my HD much more than the 6.7, the 6.7 just didnt move up the mountains and hills like the HD.
Gotcha, we full timed it in a 34' travel trailer and 1993 f350 7.3idi. It was dog slow (25mph up grades). It wasn't ideal but we made it. If the Force can pull 6800-7000 lbs around 60 I would be perfectly fine with that. If the dry weight is around 25k then that doesn't leave much room for our stuff so that would be a show stopper. I'll try posting in a new post to see if anyone can report that for me. Thanks again for the help!
GunTotnHippie is offline   Reply With Quote