Old 07-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #1

Help. No coach power

Just got to the coach in storage, 2019 I 5 DS. Turned batt cutoff to on. Went in coach held down Master Lights switch, all lights came on. Went in bathroom turned on Water Pump with bathroom wall switch and flushed toilet. Hit the bathroom wall vent switch to on. Reached up to push the vent power button and the coach went dark. No power to any thing. No power to the fuse panel under the bed, nor the precision Plex. No lights on any of the equipment in the Inverter equipment bay. Solar control panel is lit. Ideas? I threw all the breakers and the GFI breaker didnít reset, understandable with No Power. No lights on the fuse panel. Help?

caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #2

Plugged in or on battery? Pedestal breaker or inverter need reset?
Keep heading updtream til you find power then work back downstream to find the problem.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Plugged in or on battery? Pedestal breaker or inverter need reset?
Keep heading updtream til you find power then work back downstream to find the problem.
On Batt. No shore power. Inverter bay, all equipment dead. No idiot lights on any of the equipment. So that tells me No Power down stream of the batts.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
GM

can you check the batteries?

Fire up the chassis? Maybe pair the two, fire up the gen?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:16 PM   #5

Just started Generator and everything is reset and running normally. Can someone tell me what may have happened? Tripped an Automatic reset circuit breaker maybe? Or is this an anomaly of the BIRD thingy? Itís all working now but Iíd like to learn WHAT happened.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
GM

The BIRD, only handles the charge lines from house to chassis or chassis to house. Would not cut out all power.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #7

Batteries were normal before the event, the battery level is always the first thing my eyes see when I enter the coach. It was solar charging and reporting 13.3 volts as was the Magnum control panel when I entered the coach. I look at both. This is a resetting fuse or circuit breaker problem is my guess. Or some anomaly coming from the precision plex while it was resetting after being powered off? Or BIRD?
Old 07-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The BIRD, only handles the charge lines from house to chassis or chassis to house. Would not cut out all power.
Got it.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #9
western NC mountains!

or you have a loose ground wire somewhere... you moving in the coach could have lost the connection, and the 'firing up of the generator' could also have helped 're connect' it...

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 200w/10amps mobile SOLAR
82,900 miles, US, Alaska, and Canada.. : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #10

New theory

I will have dealer look at it Monday. By the way still looking for a RAM warranty place, got Chrysler customer service working on it. Rv Solutions recommend Coachnet or the local Frieghtliner dealer.

New theory is that the ceiling fans are causing some anomaly in the behavior in the combination of Bath wall switch, Precision Plex fan switch and the Fan Remote. Maybe that caused the Precision Plex to trip everything off? I did not initially power the fan from Precision Plex but simply hit the wall switch in the bathroom and then touched the power switch on the fan itís self.

Tags
power