Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #61
Commercial Member

Once I pulled up your VIN, I realized who you were. We have spoken before. You picked up your coach in January of 2017 from Copleys. You wanted tables with your coach, which we sent, but you did not think those adequate, so sent us prints of what you really wanted and I think we obliged.

If you have outstanding issues, Ive never been one to shy away. I have nothing to hide, only opportunities to get better.

PS. we canceled Copley's due to lack of service, so airing the dealer issues might not be relevant as they no longer have access to sell our product.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Skeers View Post
I just figured out that the engine doesn't have to be running, just in the on position. i think that when turning the key to the on position i was turning past the on position and just going to the starting position.
I was reading this thread and just about to tell you this info, glad you discovered it. I have a 2019 I5 DS. The key must be on but the engine does not need to be running. Thing is as you know when you turn the key to the right with the RAM 'tip start' there is a fine line there from where the switch is 'on' and the 'start' portion is activated. But just 'on' is enough. Scott on another thread bought the upgrade firm ware and S/W kit so that he can control not only slides but also his leveling jacks with his phone app. Pretty cool.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:20 AM   #63

I have a 2017 Isata 3 FWS and with my battery reading 12.4 volts, I slide out the slide and the Slide panel gives me a red light saying lower power. It works fine with gennie on or with shore power? any thoughts.
evannesbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #64

12.4 is not that high. I always start my gennny or plug into shore power when moving my slide. Just not worth the chance of having a low voltage and screwing up the controller. Following this protocol, I have never had a slide issue.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #65
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evannesbitt View Post
I have a 2017 Isata 3 FWS and with my battery reading 12.4 volts, I slide out the slide and the Slide panel gives me a red light saying lower power. It works fine with gennie on or with shore power? any thoughts.
If its not giving you any issues then you should be fine.

The slide motor itself can draw the batteries down below...I think in the manual they say it needs at least 10.4v under load. Sometimes a bad battery, even reading 12.4 can drop below that when put under load.

If you're not having issues, I would continue to do what you are doing. Gen or engine running to help support the batteries.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #66

I always use my generator or am plugged in when I operate the slide. When I first got my Isata 3, I tried using just the batteries. The warning light came on and I quickly stopped extending it. I would bring the slide back in, and then start the generator (and wait for it to 'kick' in and provide power)
, or plug in to land power if it was available. I can't operate the slide with the engine running. I wish I could. When boon-docking, it would be nice to have a backup to the generator. And the since the generator is noisier than the engine, I hate to have use the generator when we are leaving a campsite early or arriving late. Or have to use it outside the allowed operating hours at some campgrounds. I can operate the stabilizers, but not the slide, when the MB engine is running. If anyone knows of an easy fix to be able have the engine running when using the slide, thus enhancing coach battery operation, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If its not giving you any issues then you should be fine.

The slide motor itself can draw the batteries down below...I think in the manual they say it needs at least 10.4v under load. Sometimes a bad battery, even reading 12.4 can drop below that when put under load.

If you're not having issues, I would continue to do what you are doing. Gen or engine running to help support the batteries.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandRevenger View Post
I always use my generator or am plugged in when I operate the slide. When I first got my Isata 3, I tried using just the batteries. The warning light came on and I quickly stopped extending it. I would bring the slide back in, and then start the generator (and wait for it to 'kick' in and provide power)
, or plug in to land power if it was available. I can't operate the slide with the engine running. I wish I could. When boon-docking, it would be nice to have a backup to the generator. And the since the generator is noisier than the engine, I hate to have use the generator when we are leaving a campsite early or arriving late. Or have to use it outside the allowed operating hours at some campgrounds. I can operate the stabilizers, but not the slide, when the MB engine is running. If anyone knows of an easy fix to be able have the engine running when using the slide, thus enhancing coach battery operation, please let me know.
Hi, Brian Clemmons put out a diagram of the Battery Control circuit that allows the slide to run with the engine running. It is a very easy mod and allows exactly what you would like. If you do a search and read through previous threads you will find it.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:59 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
Hi, Brian Clemmons put out a diagram of the Battery Control circuit that allows the slide to run with the engine running. It is a very easy mod and allows exactly what you would like. If you do a search and read through previous threads you will find it.
X2. After the re-wire, you can run the MB engine while operating the slide. All you need is to have the parking brake engaged.
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #69

THANKS. Is this the link you reference?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1531322946

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmay12 View Post
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandRevenger View Post
THANKS. Is this the link you reference?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1531322946
That is exactly it and very easy.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide