Old 05-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #1

Help! Slide stuck on Isata 3

Went to put out the slide on our three today, only back part went out about 6 inches no movement on front. I need to get back home this afternoon.

It wonít go back in now.

slimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimetime View Post
Went to put out the slide on our three today, only back part went out about 6 inches no movement on front. I need to get back home this afternoon.

It wonít go back in now.

How many red lights did you see on the control panel while it was moving? How about now when you press the retract button?

xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #3

Were you using just battery power to move the slide? If so , it might be worth trying to start the generator and then see if it moves. Or plug into shore power if available. A stuck slide is on my mind whenever I push that button. I have a printed copy of what to do to manually move the slide, and also purchased the correct size socket for manually retracting. If it is only out six inches, manually bringing it back in should not be too bad. Never had to use them....knock on wood. Hopefully, others will post steps you can take right now. Good luck.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #4

Quote:

It wonít go back in now.

Who is the slide system manufacturer? It should say on the control panel.
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #5

Got it in.

Found the pdf of the manual that someone posted here.

It is the power gear model, I just googled Isata 3 slide and a post here came up.

Did th manual override. On motor 1 to get it in, motor 2 is dead.

Generator on and no lights on the panel, when I put it in manual mode I had one blink each of red and green.

<begin rant>
I just know if I have the heart for owning one of these things. This was our third trip full of problems , and I feel bad for my kids. I guess this is my own oversight but beyond the wintering/dewinterizing, monthly generator tests during winter and trip preparation/cleaning - I just donít have any more time to give this beautiful rig. We had some great trips last year, along with the bad ones but this is not what I though owning a Dynamax would be like.
slimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #6

Access to slide motors

I know that you have to get to the motors and unhook the retainer spring and remove the motor from the gear rack, but do you get to it by removing the wood trim on the inside or the metal on the outside with the rubber seal?
Michael Standley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:

It wonít go back in now.
Sorry for your troubles, this has always been my biggest fear. Have read everything I can find on what to do. It seems like most of the solutions listed are using the control panel and electricly overriding the faults. It had some steps listed in the manual for it about removing the control panel and selecting something on the back. I read about getting the 6 point socket and getting to the motors but it doesn't look easy at all with the difficult access. Good luck, I will be following this thread closely. I am camped in Eureka and will be closing up to go home tomorrow.
USN-RET/DOD-RET/SSA-RET
mlmay12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #8

Quote:

It wonít go back in now.

I think my I5 has the same power gear system as your I3. I had a similar problem when bring the slide in. Control panel showed motor fault.

I was away from home and spent several hours with power gear tech line to figure out the problem.

They sent me a new controller and motor.

Never determined what caused the fault. The controller was not bad. I couldnít get the motor out to replace. The tech never had me clear the fault codes. I did that later and the motor worked. So if you didnít clear the fault codes try that.

On replacing the motor. The directions from power gear ( Lippert ) and Dynamax tech was to remove the hold down spring ( slide was open so easy to do from the outside ) and motor should pull out. However, what I learned from the tech at the Dealer there is a screw on the outside by the motor ( on the long cover panel) that needs to be removed. Tech said to get the motor out the inside cover panel needs to be removed.

It is frustrating to have a slide out motor fail while away from home.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #9

So you have to pry off the wood trim on the inside in order to access the motors?
Michael Standley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Standley View Post
So you have to pry off the wood trim on the inside in order to access the motors?

No not the wood trim. The metal cover plate covering the slide mechanism. It is held on by screws and runs bottom to top on the slide out wall.
The wire to power the motor runs along the cover plate ( motor to controller in bay below slide out). Remember, Iím referencing how it is installed on my I5.

Tags
slide