Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #21

I have to give it to them on the rear storage. I have an I5 and I would love to utilize all that wasted space behind the rear cap.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I have been following the Newmar forum for years. Buyers complain about long waiting times to get their motor homes and also about a drop in quality build after Newmar increased weekly production.

I am wondering how a super C would fit into production schedules.
Might be long wait times for coaches with special configurations and options but one dealer I know of has 65 class A Newmars in stock and ready to go. Prices are discounted quite a bit from MSRP (which is normal for just about all dealers).
Old 03-14-2019, 10:37 PM   #23

The color and finish on the cabinets plus some of the trim reminded me of my grandmother's house.
Where are the clean modern designs?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #24

I do like the rear trunk storage, reminds me the the Grand Sport. I kind of like the TV low, may help with glare and will be more level with the lawn chairs. And to the hammock, it takes me about 10 minutes to set up ours and the wife uses it every trip. 70k puts it at the DynaquestXL level right?
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #25
Commercial Member

From what we can tell, it will be above an XL price. MSRP in the $370-ish range?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #26
Commercial Member

1. step cover, possibly.
2. some have done this already.
3. We have tested it. It still catches sometimes on units with slide outs.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
I have to give it to them on the rear storage. I have an I5 and I would love to utilize all that wasted space behind the rear cap.

I wonder if we had the prints of the back cap, we could have a Fab shop make some kind of storage box that we could mount in the empty space and have the cutout used as a door?

I'd be interested in that.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #28
Commercial Member

The 5 was originally designed with a trunk, like the old Grand Sports....but it added way too much weight, so it as taken out. Going forward, I would like to take length off instead. Might even get more weight out with a two piece cap...one that, if in case of a fender bender, we could ship a painted bumper to match that could be just replaced for far less than repair.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. step cover, possibly.
2. some have done this already.
3. We have tested it. It still catches sometimes on units with slide outs.
1.Step cover would be great.

2. Outside TV bracket to be factory installed as option?

3. Dual pitch on a 37BH (no slide out there) as option?
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #30

Very impressive. First-class design. The tall external storage is outstanding, pass thru, roll-out trays, rear trunk,...

The shower water recycle & hot water indicator, the trick space-saving swivel door entry into the bathroom, the powered step cover, the deep double kitchen sink, ...

Very smart design for the high-end market that can afford such luxury.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #31

I think the Newmar opens up a new segment of the market. A luxury super C without having to go to 45 feet or a much bigger chassis. I currently have a DX3 and want to trade up to more luxury but not sure the Dynaquest offers enough. In the Newmar I love the window above the cab and the locker in the rear. I also like the look of the interior in the Newmar. Personally I would not want to pay for air ride cab. Will it make much difference and feel it would be a maintenance nightmare in a few years. Uprated cab seats, duel awnings, bunk beds with bath and half, power shades, etc. in a Dynamax! I would order right away. I love my Dynamax and want my next to be a Dynamax. I think Newmar have laid down the challenge! Time to step up Brian !!!!
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #32

I have read posts in the Newmar forum about the hammock on the class A motorhomes. Nothing positive. Generally not used or appreciated.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:50 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverkemp View Post
In case you missed it: https://www.newmarcorp.com/2019-rvx-reveal/

The Super Star? They are bringing two models to market.

From the drawing it looks like a large chassis M2 106. Their launch messaging is around improving the ride with an air ride cab and introducing the first full wall slide in this segment. The drawings don’t seem to show an overhead bunk, but the height above the cab seems quite tall.

Why would Newmar be entering this segment? Does the high end class A market have too much competition? Is that market slowing? An M2 106 entry would suggest to me that they’re going directly after the DX3/Force HD and Verona.

Doesn't matter if they enter the market. Their quality is still going to SUCK! I got rid of my 2017 43' diesel pusher Newmar because the POS broke EVERY time I went to use it.

I thought perhaps it was just my luck but my buddy who has the exact same vehicle but one step up (I had a Ventena, he had a Dutchstar) had the same problems until he got rid of it. Every time I'd take it to the dealer, the tech would show me all the Newmars they had in there with the same basic problems.

I bought a Newmar because I thought they were in the upper end of the rolling turds but clearly, they are not.

I've had a few issues with my Dynamax but NOTHING in comparison, you couldn't give e me another Newmar product.

Can I tell ya how I really feel?

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:57 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
Very impressive. First-class design. The tall external storage is outstanding, pass thru, roll-out trays, rear trunk,...

The shower water recycle & hot water indicator, the trick space-saving swivel door entry into the bathroom, the powered step cover, the deep double kitchen sink, ...

Very smart design for the high-end market that can afford such luxury.
I agree... first class design but you know what they always say... you can polish a turd all day, all you have at the end of the day is a shiny POS.

Overpriced, guaranteed same quality, it'll be in the shop all the time while we're out using our DX3's.

Mark
Old 03-26-2019, 05:35 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
I agree... first class design but you know what they always say... you can polish a turd all day, all you have at the end of the day is a shiny POS.

Overpriced, guaranteed same quality, it'll be in the shop all the time while we're out using our DX3's.

Mark

Mark your posts always make me smile. Thank you!
Old 03-27-2019, 06:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Mark your posts always make me smile. Thank you!
I always try to bring my special view to everything...

Mark