Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #1

Here comes Newmar

In case you missed it: https://www.newmarcorp.com/2019-rvx-reveal/

The Super Star? They are bringing two models to market.

From the drawing it looks like a large chassis M2 106. Their launch messaging is around improving the ride with an air ride cab and introducing the first full wall slide in this segment. The drawings don’t seem to show an overhead bunk, but the height above the cab seems quite tall.

Why would Newmar be entering this segment? Does the high end class A market have too much competition? Is that market slowing? An M2 106 entry would suggest to me that they’re going directly after the DX3/Force HD and Verona.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #2

The business case for that should be interesting but every market have its limits and sometimes in order to grow your company, you need to adventure in other markets ....
Also a higher demand product will help with asset utilization during downturns and a well positioned company can really benefit from a downturn in terms of gaining market.
I can see how companies that are well run may be preparing themselves to advance into markets that are not historically theirs when the next downturn hits the fan....

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:27 AM   #3
Commercial Member

From what I know there will be an M2-106 and M2-112. Both are being introduced by the same product manager that does the Mountain Aire and King Aire...so I would not count on either being anywhere near the same price point as a DX3. But who knows.

One dealer probably kept barking about how they could not get DX3's...squeaky wheels makes it seem like the market is bigger than it is. We'll see.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:35 PM   #4

I have been following the Newmar forum for years. Buyers complain about long waiting times to get their motor homes and also about a drop in quality build after Newmar increased weekly production.

I am wondering how a super C would fit into production schedules.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Both are being introduced by the same product manager that does the Mountain Aire and King Aire...so I would not count on either being anywhere near the same price point as a DX3. But who knows.
I have to agree with the boss man. Even Newmar's entry level DP still has a hefty price on it. The Ventana LE and you will find selling prices from 207k on up. The Ventana is the next model and selling prices are upper 250's on up. All depending how its spec'ed out of course. Those prices are after a week or so of going back and forth.

I would guess the market is there for as long as you have to wait for a Dynamax. No offense Boss man...
Old 02-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
I have to agree with the boss man. Even Newmar's entry level DP still has a hefty price on it. The Ventana LE and you will find selling prices from 207k on up. The Ventana is the next model and selling prices are upper 250's on up. All depending how its spec'ed out of course. Those prices are after a week or so of going back and forth.

I would guess the market is there for as long as you have to wait for a Dynamax. No offense Boss man...
lol, none taken. I really have no fear of competition. Everyone in the industry seems to get rattled when a new product comes out. I am a firm believer, if you build it right, listen to feedback, take care of the customer, you will win the race. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

If we don't do those things..then we deserved to get beat anyway.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #7

although some of us may think that they've only always built Class As, Newmar started out with Fifth-wheels many years ago - it's not unrealistic that they would certainly bring online a 'new' type of higher-end RV in the market, if they feel the market is calling for it... just like the 'luxury' 34' New Aire several years ago.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:24 PM   #8

I wish Newmar would start building their 5th wheel line as it was one of the better ones out there, we really need another high end GOOD builder of 5th wheels. We were really glad Forest River came out with the River Stone line as ours is a very good unit.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #9

Quote:
lol, none taken. I really have no fear of competition. Everyone in the industry seems to get rattled when a new product comes out. I am a firm believer, if you build it right, listen to feedback, take care of the customer, you will win the race. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

If we don't do those things..then we deserved to get beat anyway.
You actually have a good problem in you can't make them fast enough. Its when you can keep up with demand or get ahead that's not good... LOL I think your post summed it up perfect..
Old 02-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #10

Don’t the cab and house portions essentially become one during the conversion/build? If so, how can they allow movement in the cab portion (air ride) while the house portion is fixed to the chassis?
Old 02-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #11
Commercial Member

I’m guessing it is “marketing”. They say they are the first to do an all air ride AND a full wall slide.

I assume they mean air ride rear suspension, air ride seats and a full wall. Unless they found a way to make a rubber boot for the rear cab transition.

Likely they’re just putting the full wall in there to make what they’re doing seem like “the first ever”.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:34 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Looking at the demise of Roadtrek/ Hymer there is a large market not being served right now. Might be a place for FR to make inroads or buy the Kitchener operation in Receivership and have it up and running in a month or so. People love there Roadtrek's.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #13
Commercial Member

FR already has a division producing the Galleria. It also looks like there was a lot of "mis-stating" income, so it was likely a sinking ship otherwise. I don't think anyone is going to touch that company. They would get crucified, if they bought it and did not honor the warranty of all the vehicles in the field and purchased (still under warranty). It would be a PR nightmare. Maybe Pleasure-way or Leisure would buy for the production facility, but I don't see why someone would buy the name...or Thor would have reduced their offer to keep it.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Unless they found a way to make a rubber boot for the rear cab transition.
Damn...looks like they did. I’d have never thought that would work/hold up.
mookieblaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:38 PM   #15

Yes they did. I think they did they’re due diligence, like thinking about the piston to hold up the cab when parked. The question remains in my mind, how much difference does an air ride cab make? They compare it to a class A, but it’s still apples vs oranges— cab air vs suspension air. I have never driven an M2 with cab airbags so I can’t really say.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #16

M2 106 350hp Cummins. Looks like the same chassis as the Dynamax buys for the Force HD and DX3. Tows 20K. Overall, they did a nice job

+
* Fender flares like the Verona
* Two big pass thru compartments under the frame rails and on slides
* Rear end flip up storage access door
* cab air suspension for improved ride
* full wall slide
* Hammock
* Unique floor plans (mid entry for example) 37-40 ft
* Nice cab seats, cant tell the brand, but look to be loaded
* Fit and finish
* Very good inside storage
* Hydraulic coach steps
* Large opening into cab. Flush floor from coach into cab
* Cool front cap with glass and automatic shade
* Stairwell automatic slide out to protect from falls while on the road
* Ceiling panels to obscure AC units

-
* Cool lower outdoor tv, but at the cost of storage
* Outside storage looks limited compared to market although they claim otherwise
* No aquahot? Looks like forced air furnace and traditional water heater setup
* Looks like a Newmar inside. Blah. Not my style but for many it is theirs.
* Propane fridge, water heater, furnace and stove. While I personally prefer the stove and fridge this way, I’m surprised they aren’t showing all electric since that seems more popular. Looks like it might be a choice.
* That shower surround black vein faux marble. Someone should lose their job. Big shower though.
* Starting at $350K list
* No cabover bunk option

https://youtu.be/LAfNbzaMcMs

There is another video you can link to from Newmar website that allows you to watch the live reveal and stream (recorded). Skip to about half way to see the super star.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:58 AM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2119.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	198715Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2120.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	198716Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2121.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	198717Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2122.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	198718Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2123.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	198719Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2124.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	198720Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2125.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	198721Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2126.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	198722Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2127.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	198723Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2128.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	198724
Old 03-14-2019, 02:10 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Walked it.

It is nice. Weird that they skimped on the fridge inserts. Also weird that they did a plastic shower surround (Sentrel) instead of fiberglass. MSRP is going to be about $70,000 more than a DX3.

I watched them set up the hammock...took two guys like 10 minutes. For what? a hammock that will never get used? Gimmicky. Cab to coach transition was cool...not quite as open as a DX3 and no bunk.,

Old 03-14-2019, 07:06 AM   #19

“* That shower surround black vein faux marble. Someone should lose their job.“...that’s funny!

The low installed outside entertainment system in lieu of a storage bin makes zero sense to me, and, I agree, the cab seats look tip top.

Love the stairwell cover.

REALLY love the trunk.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 AM   #20

Could the stair well cover ever be an option on the DX3?

And a swivel bracket on the outside TV?

And a dual pitch carefree awning?

They would surely sweetin the pot.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote