Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2019, 11:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: 8000' in CO
Posts: 417
History of the Isata 5 Arm Rests?

Trying to retrieve info from my brain (usually doesnít work out so well) about the Dodge Ram/Isata 5 Arms rests. If I recall, the first year-ish (2017 model year) didnít have any arm rests in the cab and Dynamax/Brian took some verbal abuse for that. So, they were added for the 2018+ model year Isata 5s. My question is, where did they come from? I have looked at hundreds of pictures of 2017-2019 Rams in all varieties of trims and cab configurations and I cannot find an arm rest that looks like the ones that are in the Isata 5. Did Dynamax manufacture them and then modify the existing ram seats to accept them?
__________________

__________________
2019 Dynamax Isata 5 35DB
Audi "Nardo Grey"
BLT4SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Rrzasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 182
I had the information from Brian Clemens and I shipped both my seats to a place in Elkhart and they added the armrests for me a couple of years ago. Brian can tell who who did the work. I don’t have the info anymore.
__________________

__________________
Rob & Rosanne Rzasa
2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DS
Towing 2005 Honda Big Ruckus
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 11,256
Premier Seating is who does them now. They have to weld the arm-rest onto the frame. It is not an easy process, so we stepped out to try and keep the cost low. There is a post with the instructions...I'll have to track that down. But you have to send the seat in, they do the work and return.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: 8000' in CO
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrzasa View Post
I had the information from Brian Clemens and I shipped both my seats to a place in Elkhart and they added the armrests for me a couple of years ago. Brian can tell who who did the work. I donít have the info anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Premier Seating is who does them now. They have to weld the arm-rest onto the frame. It is not an easy process, so we stepped out to try and keep the cost low. There is a post with the instructions...I'll have to track that down. But you have to send the seat in, they do the work and return.
Thanks to both of you for the responses.

I'm actually asking because I think we want to have our cab seats recovered. Yes it's nice that they match the other seating surfaces throughout the coach, BUT we've taken to blocking off the cab when we are camping for better heating/cooling management of the living area. So, when we are actually in the cab (driving), the brown just looks a tad out of place in the all black and grey interior.

Katzkin leather replacement covers is the obvious and easy choice. I have seen some in person and they are pretty darn nice. Of course that means that they are going to know nothing about our aftermarket armrests and I'm going to have to find a custom option just for the arm rests.......or I could find some black leather seats from a Ram 2500/3500 and drop those in.....but then I wouldn't have the arm rest at all. That leads me to either A) contact Premier Seating and see if they make me some armrest covers in black or B) send my newly found 2500/3500 seats to them for armrest modification AND black covers.

Anyway, thanks again.
__________________
2019 Dynamax Isata 5 35DB
Audi "Nardo Grey"
BLT4SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 11,256
I've actually thought about going to a gray or black on the Dodge seats since they don't rotate into the living area.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
caseymyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I've actually thought about going to a gray or black on the Dodge seats since they don't rotate into the living area.
Just add the leather option on the Laramie upgrade you'll offer and then the two options will be Arm rests (no Laramie option and less cost to customer) or loaded Laramie, (no Arm rests) customers choice.
__________________
Old Navy Chief
2019 Isata 5 DS 4x4
2015 Jeep Rubicon Toad
Days camped in I5 2019 = 30
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #7
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 11,256
1. they still don't offer the laramie on the cab chassis.
2. That would mean I have to stock every chassis with/without laramie. So right now I stock 4x2, 4x4, 4x4 Canadian. So I double my chassis juggling. 4x2 Laramie, 4x2 non, 4x4 Laramie, 4x4 non, 4x4 Canadian Laramie, 4x4 Canadian non. And then I will of course get someone that wants the Laramie WITH arm rests and will not settle until they get it.

Also, for what Dodge wants to charge for "just" leather seats, its about 3 times what I can recover the seats for myself. Tough pill to swallow.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
caseymyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. they still don't offer the laramie on the cab chassis.
2. That would mean I have to stock every chassis with/without laramie. So right now I stock 4x2, 4x4, 4x4 Canadian. So I double my chassis juggling. 4x2 Laramie, 4x2 non, 4x4 Laramie, 4x4 non, 4x4 Canadian Laramie, 4x4 Canadian non. And then I will of course get someone that wants the Laramie WITH arm rests and will not settle until they get it.

Also, for what Dodge wants to charge for "just" leather seats, its about 3 times what I can recover the seats for myself. Tough pill to swallow.
You are right of course and that's why you get the big bucks! I've seen the leather recovering kits and they are not that expensive, a lot less than the factory option. I didn't know you had a RAM Canadian version.
__________________
Old Navy Chief
2019 Isata 5 DS 4x4
2015 Jeep Rubicon Toad
Days camped in I5 2019 = 30
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #9
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 11,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
You are right of course and that's why you get the big bucks! I've seen the leather recovering kits and they are not that expensive, a lot less than the factory option. I didn't know you had a RAM Canadian version.
Might be short lived...I hate trying to balance chassis. I just want to buy a lot and build a lot...not try to sort out where the chassis came from. I'll give Ford credit for that. They build "North American" chassis. Go anyway. Mercedes and Ram, not so much.
__________________
Please READ the entire thread before posting to keep comments relevant.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:39 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 191
I wish the drivers seat had a left arm rest. Nowhere to put that nuisance when driving. If you go to a leather shop they can do the armrest vs the kits which of course won't have it. Yes on the black or grey. I would like to see a black and grey interior with greyish floors and black cabinets. Modern.
__________________

dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.