Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
FOURWHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 294
Going to need more than a 28' stacker for that garage!
__________________

__________________
2016 Dynamax DX3 - Big Blue
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
halla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 462
Two stackers in a row? Too much?


2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
__________________

__________________
2016 Dynamax Force---Just Rite 2
halla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:51 AM   #33
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 5,574
Dynaquest XL maybe. (450 hp, 1250 torque) or maybe when we bring back the Grand Sport on the Cascadia
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #34
Member
 
viperdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 50
I thought I was told that you could get the rig reprogrammed at Frieghtliner for more performance and not void the freightliner warranty. There are after market programs that are cheaper but then you have warranty issues
__________________
2016 Dynamax DX3
viperdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:22 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdave View Post
I thought I was told that you could get the rig reprogrammed at Frieghtliner for more performance and not void the freightliner warranty. There are after market programs that are cheaper but then you have warranty issues
Cummins can reprogram the ISL for different programs, but the version in the DX3 is limited to 345-350hp due to the pistons. The standard DX3 program is 350/1000. There's a program that is 345/1150 and a much better curve but thats the max you can get that Cummins will do and keep the warranty. The 450hp ISL version has different pistons and a slightly different turbo.

I'm not sure about Freightliner, but I would think any authorized Cummins dealer could do this reprogram.

By the way, nice garage!
__________________
poof100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
halla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 462
I read somewhere the transmission is the issue with upgrading/performance. The Transmissions can only handle so much. I would love to have Allison tune my transmission to downshift quicker, but I dont know if it is possible.

Force has the ISB, not the ISC, and a different transmission, but I think they are similar.
__________________
2016 Dynamax Force---Just Rite 2
halla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 AM   #37
Member
 
viperdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
Cummins can reprogram the ISL for different programs, but the version in the DX3 is limited to 345-350hp due to the pistons. The standard DX3 program is 350/1000. There's a program that is 345/1150 and a much better curve but thats the max you can get that Cummins will do and keep the warranty. The 450hp ISL version has different pistons and a slightly different turbo.

I'm not sure about Freightliner, but I would think any authorized Cummins dealer could do this reprogram.

By the way, nice garage!
Thanks for the info. I willl see how she pulls and hopefully I'll have plenty
__________________
2016 Dynamax DX3
viperdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I read somewhere the transmission is the issue with upgrading/performance. The Transmissions can only handle so much. I would love to have Allison tune my transmission to downshift quicker, but I dont know if it is possible.

Force has the ISB, not the ISC, and a different transmission, but I think they are similar.
The DX3 has the Allison 3200 trans, same in the Dynaquest XL models and the Force HD. I think the Force has the 2500 or 3000 Allison so yes much lower torque rating. And yes, the Force is the smaller 6.7 motor, not the 8.9 ISL like the HD and DX3s have.
__________________
poof100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:42 AM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdave View Post
Thanks for the info. I willl see how she pulls and hopefully I'll have plenty
You should be good, mine tows mine pretty good and been through some good hills/mtns in PA with little slow down. Good luck and have fun!
__________________
poof100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:42 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
halla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 462
I actually talked to my Freightliner dealer about a crate motor and transmission for the Force, a little cost prohibitive.
__________________

__________________
2016 Dynamax Force---Just Rite 2
halla is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hitch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.