Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #1

Horrible squeak drivers side cab Isata 5 30 fw

There was a mention of this in a previous post but I can't find it or if there was a solution so here goes. There is an unbearable squeak that seems to be coming from between the front cap and cab. We have to blast the radio to drown it out. Has anyone noticed this and found a solution? We are planning to add this to our ever increasing list of issues for our return appointment at the dealer on May 30 but if someone has found it and solved it that would be a huge time saver. Even if someone could tell us where it is originating from, that would be super helpful. The outside seal seems fine.
Thanks, Linda
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #2

We have the exact same problem in our 3 week old Isata 5. The squeak would drive you nuts. It almost seems like its coming from the dashboard, but its hard to tell. We are taking to the dealer June 1 to get a few things fixed, so we'll see what they say. If you find anything out keep us posted
1109murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #3

See post #14

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-160027-2.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
There was a mention of this in a previous post but I can't find it or if there was a solution so here goes. There is an unbearable squeak that seems to be coming from between the front cap and cab. We have to blast the radio to drown it out. Has anyone noticed this and found a solution? We are planning to add this to our ever increasing list of issues for our return appointment at the dealer on May 30 but if someone has found it and solved it that would be a huge time saver. Even if someone could tell us where it is originating from, that would be super helpful. The outside seal seems fine.
Thanks, Linda
BC said this in post #5 of the same thread referenced above:

None at this time. I have asked my test drivers to start looking for it (or listening I should say).

I think someone else posted on here a while back. It is likely the styrofoam insulation that sits in the cab over bunk. As the bunk flexes...the foam can rub on the plywood and/or aluminum framing.
_______
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:14 PM   #5

Horrible squeak drivers side cab Isata 5 30 fw

I had two squeaks... one was the cap that covers the wires from the rear view monitor. It rubbed against the windshield and made a horrible noise. I found it by mistake, I went to adjust the mirror and heard a quick squeak... I pushed on it and sure enough that was it. Some felt tape solved that problem. You may have the same problem.

Second one is coming from the overhead bunk, right side front. It is intermittent. Still trying to track it down.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4789.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	172536
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #6

Had a squeak that I believed was coming from the overhead bed.I finally found it under the hood grease zerk was dry on the suspension.not the same brand rv, but could be your problem
rrmccorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1109murphy View Post
We have the exact same problem in our 3 week old Isata 5. The squeak would drive you nuts. It almost seems like its coming from the dashboard, but its hard to tell. We are taking to the dealer June 1 to get a few things fixed, so we'll see what they say. If you find anything out keep us posted

I had the same squeak. Easy fix. It is the camera that is snapped on to the rearview mirror. I removed it and wiped the contact points with silicone spray. Sounds like it’s from the dash but it’s not. Took me a while to figure it out.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #8

squeak

Tried your fix with the mirror. It seems to have worked, no more squeak. It almost seems to be too easy a fix. Thanks for your help.
1109murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1109murphy View Post
Tried your fix with the mirror. It seems to have worked, no more squeak. It almost seems to be too easy a fix. Thanks for your help.
I've owned a lot of RV's most of these problems are very easy to fix, it's the trouble shooting that's hard. Like the poop tank thing. Dynamax will get to the 'bottom' of it and it'll be a simple fix.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote