Old 05-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #1

How do you afford your Dynamax and can you teach me to do the same?

I've been a lurker here for several weeks and would love to own one of these beautiful Dynamax DX3 model motorhomes but the price is somewhat out of my reach right now.

I'm kinda curious as to the profession of the members here who can afford these beautiful rigs and maybe some advice as to how to follow in your steps?

“The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do." -Bob Ross

Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

Marry someone who got one in a Divorce settlement! Youroo!!

Old 05-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
Citrus County, Fl.

You can always buy one that has been lightly loved.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:09 PM   #4

It takes LOTS and LOTS of money. To aford expensive toys you need a job that pays lots of it. And then you need to throw that money down the toilet. Wise investers put their available cash to work for them.
donniedu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
I've been a lurker here for several weeks and would love to own one of these beautiful Dynamax DX3 model motorhomes but the price is somewhat out of my reach right now.

I'm kinda curious as to the profession of the members here who can afford these beautiful rigs and maybe some advice as to how to follow in your steps?

“The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do." -Bob Ross
I think Bob Ross already answered your question for you!

1st Post. Welcome to the forum!
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30 '18=13
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
It takes LOTS and LOTS of money. To aford expensive toys you need a job that pays lots of it. And then you need to throw that money down the toilet. Wise investers put their available cash to work for them.
Real nice. Did someone go potty in your Wheaties this morning? Seriously, if you don't have anything positive and productive to say then I, for one, would rather you please say nothing. We don't need negative comments trashing those of us that chose to purchase a top quality motorhome because we can afford it. Kindly learn how to spell and go spread your ill will somewhere else. Thanks.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz01 View Post
Real nice. Did someone go potty in your Wheaties this morning? Seriously, if you don't have anything positive and productive to say then I, for one, would rather you please say nothing. We don't need negative comments trashing those of us that chose to purchase a top quality motorhome because we can afford it. Kindly learn how to spell and go spread your ill will somewhere else. Thanks.
I dont have lot$$ & lot$$ but I saved for retirement. Spent plenty of nights at the race track sleeping in the back of a pick up! Work hard & save first. Buy used.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170910_095825.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	171836

David Button - Ithaca NY
2011 Dynaquest XL 36' Freightliner chassis
Cummins 330 HP/1000 torque
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2008 Corvette - 2011 BMW 335xi - Honda Valkyrie
dbutton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:46 PM   #8

What dbutton said, didnt have any of the things I have today when we were raising our 4 kids, family was priority one then and we did without the toys, camped in tents and was still fun..
Old 05-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post

Work hard and save like crazy for your retirement. I read a bunch of books about retirement savings before I retired and one thing stuck with me was the 80% rule. When you retire if you have most everything paid for like your house and such then if your retirement income is about 80% of what your working income was, then you'll be fine. Baring catastrophe or market crash. The 80% rule means you can pretty much live as you did when you worked because working costs you about that other 20%. So combine your savings, SS, and 401k or whatever you have and try to get to that 80% figure. Then you can play like you see these folks on here doing.

These aren't absolutes but a pretty good guide that has worked for me since 2006 when I retired. Welcome to the forum!

caseymyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #10
Consumer of Space

Its all about priorities. I'm not retired, my wife and I make about the same salary. We chose between a new RV or a second story on the house. I also deferred a new SUV for a few years...

With 2 and 4 year olds, we figure the kids will remember the RV more than the second story or new car. The kids love to play in the RV and have "camped" in the driveway for a change of pace, but we try to get out 6 or 8 times a year.

I can camp on the beach in Camp Pendelton which is 30-40 minutes away for a quick weekend getaway. This year's big trip is to the Grand Tetons / Yellowstone. My guess is that the kids will remember the Cherry Hill water park more than the national parks.

Family time is a good thing.

Tags
ford