Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #21
Commercial Member

We have started rolling out more options...air might be one of them. But that's the caveat....more options also means more complication and more potential for error. its always a trade off.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #22

I would add that option when I order this fall/spring. As a matter of fact, I pretty much check all the options. It’s easier than explaining to the wife why I’m adding something to the ~$180K rig later on. Brian, add the lithium option to the other rigs soon! 30fw comes to mind.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
I would add that option when I order this fall/spring. As a matter of fact, I pretty much check all the options. It’s easier than explaining to the wife why I’m adding something to the ~$180K rig later on. Brian, add the lithium option to the other rigs soon! 30fw comes to mind.
We hope to add a two battery drop in system after some testing on the 28SS.

The important thing for us, is "ease of use". While a lithium battery can discharge below freezing, what most people don't know, and most OEM's won't tell you is that it won't take a charge. So for us, it is vital that a customer is not stuck due to this "unknown". So while there are many ways to skin this cat, for us, the best solution is a built in heater for the battery. So the battery can literally power its own heater to make sure it can still take a charge. We're just waiting on the first batch to take a look at.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrpb11a View Post
This is what I was after. 500 units over 3 years, about 3 "horror" stories = 0.6%.
99.4% of units sold did not warrant the owner posting a horror story
With airbags on maybe 2% of units sold.
For any motorhome manufacturer I don't know if it gets any better than that.
As a side note, because I have always said that I would "keep it real" (not just discuss all the good stuff). Not everyone is on the forum...so there are an unknot number of buyers that may have those request, but not a vehicle to discuss them. We also get some offline complaints. I don't recall an "offline" ride complaint, but I think if you double those numbers we are at least guesstimating to account for them.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

While a lithium battery can discharge below freezing, what most people don't know, and most OEM's won't tell you is that it won't take a charge.
Yep, I learned the hard way after leaving several brand spankin' new lithium batteries for my weed whacker out in the shed thru the winter. Nearly $100 a pop! I even tried to restore/boost them with a higher voltage power supply with no luck.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #26
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

How many Isata 5's sold per year

Keeping in line with the first post, on any forum you only hear about the problems. I have only had minor problems with my 2019 I 5 30 FW. A what I couldn’t fix a stop at Dyanamax on my way home from a three mth trip to Ut,Az, etc fixed everything and some that I didn’t know about. All and all this has been the best RV that I have owned. Along with the best layout for my wife and I, and two French bull dogs.

PS. The ride is fine.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:20 AM   #27

Quote:
This is what I was after. 500 units over 3 years, about 3 "horror" stories = 0.6%.
99.4% of units sold did not warrant the owner posting a horror story
With airbags on maybe 2% of units sold.
For any motorhome manufacturer I don't know if it gets any better than that.
Well what I would add to this is, how many of those 99.4% are not on here and you never hear their story. I can tell you that I have received many private messages with, well let's just call it stories, from owners who did not want to state it publicly because they didn't want attention drawn to their unit because their were going to sell.

I would welcome anyone to let me ride in theirs and vice versa, it's funny that folks think we just make this stuff up. When it sounds like a sledge hammers hitting after road bumps it's not make believe. With the consistency of the units built, I also find it highly unlikely that rides are not similar on same models. There is way more interest in suspension upgrades than what's noted. I for one do not add suspension upgrades for kicks, as I would put that money elsewhere before unseen suspension parts. It's because ride is one of the most important features of any vehicle. Just the truth folks.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #28
Commercial Member

That's not the "truth" that's simply your opinion. And you are certainly welcome to it. I have personally driven the 30FW on bad roads, good roads and I was fine with the ride. I guess after driving E450's for over a decade, I found the Ram 5500 ride to be a nice upgrade. Others have also found the ride to be pretty good.

Just like with mattresses...I have people that say its too soft, some too firm, the worst mattress they have ever slept on and some people that have said they wanted to take it in an replace their home mattress. ALL of these statements are facts/truth. But whether the mattress is soft/firm/crap/awesome...those are personal opinions. Just like the ram 5500 ride.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #29

You didn't take your unit out for a test drive before purchase??
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #30

What kind of ride were you expecting from a Ram 5500 industrial truck?
What similar sized truck rides better than the Ram?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
When it sounds like a sledge hammers hitting after road bumps it's not make believe. :
xrpb11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Looking hard at an Isata 5 36DS now, but reading some horror stories here.
Just trying to get a sense of the percentage of troubled MH's vs total shipped.
I realize all new RV's will have a break in period, but some of the stories here appear to go above and beyond what one would expect.

Also regarding the horror stories with new MH's, wondering if there is any correlation to warranty repairs vs distance to delivery from manufacturer to dealer. Seems somebody is paid to drive X vehicle XXX miles to deliver for a fixed sum of money. So they would have every incentive to get there quickly and at top speed to maximize their income per hour. They might not be as concerned about going over potholes as an owner would be who picked up their unit from the factory.
Given the amount of potholes on todays interstates, top speed might be a possible instigator of new MH problems.

All speculation above.
I took delivery of my I5 DS in June of last year. About 15,000 miles on it and about to leave for a 3 month trip. We love it. We've had 15 motorhomes over the past 45 plus years and this is our favorite. Some of those rigs we had were high end buses. But we like this one. It rides and handles just fine. I keep the tires hard and when you hit a pot hole you know it but hey it's a truck. With the tranny, engine combo, 4X4, and the price point I'd say the I5 is a great value and a nicely done coach. I'm still working out a few bugs in mine but in a motorhome that goes on forever. The dealer and Dynamax have been just great in their post sales support. If you ever get back to Indiana I recommend the factory tour.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #32

Quote:
What kind of ride were you expecting from a Ram 5500 industrial truck?
What similar sized truck rides better than the Ram?
I was reading another where someone was describing items falling off the walls, and so didn't literally expect things to fall off the walls ride.

What rides better? Ram, Chevy, GMC, Ford, I don't know, but I do know Ford trucks have great rides.

With that said any upfitter turning something into a luxury vehicle on a truck chassis should take said truck chassis and upgrade it to luxury. As why would you expect a luxury motor coach to be built on a truck chassis if that's what ? If your going to build it as luxury, you should build all aspects of it as luxury. Now is some think it rides great, I suggest they see a neurosurgeon and get their sensory system evaluated.

What I would expect to see on a truck chassis with no suspension enhancements, a real tough motorhome as shown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	House-truck-camper.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	214427  
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #33

From the Isata 5 website
Isata 5 Series Class C Motorhome
The Isata 5 Series Class C Motorhome pairs luxury living with a powerful Cummins diesel and best in class towing

They are promoting a luxury box, not a luxury ride.
Given the advertising why would you expect a luxury ride?

QUOTE=dannko;2179816]
With that said any upfitter turning something into a luxury vehicle on a truck chassis should take said truck chassis and upgrade it to luxury. [/QUOTE]
Old 09-07-2019, 11:19 PM   #34

Ford 150, sure.
Ford 250, uh yeah
Ford 350. Good enough
Ford 450, maybe
Ford 550, well
Ford 650, not great
See a pattern?
Same applies to Chevy Dodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
What rides better? Ram, Chevy, GMC, Ford, I don't know, but I do know Ford trucks have great rides.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Ford 150, sure.
Ford 250, uh yeah
Ford 350. Good enough
Ford 450, maybe
Ford 550, well
Ford 650, not great
See a pattern?
Same applies to Chevy Dodge
I think Thor sells a Class C on a Ford Chassis? I drove one last year and was not impressed.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 09-08-2019, 02:37 AM   #36
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
I think Thor sells a Class C on a Ford Chassis? I drove one last year and was not impressed.
Yep, got one sitting next to me here at Seven Points CG..... Four Winds is the model. Maybe I'll get a pic once it gets light enough.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:15 AM   #37

Brian, didn't I read that you considered the Isata 5 30FW ride better than the Isata 3? I know that it's opinion, but one we all respect.

The Isata 3 has a great ride & handles well. The only thing we did was add $400 worth of Sumos. So an stock I-5 sounds pretty good. That said, if we were to order an I-5 & a ride enhancement package was available, we'd get it.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:19 AM   #38
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Yep, got one sitting next to me here at Seven Points CG..... Four Winds is the model. Maybe I'll get a pic once it gets light enough.
Took the girls for a walk and remembered to catch a pic.... Thor emblem on the side/front.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190908_080129.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	214438

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Took the girls for a walk and remembered to catch a pic.... Thor emblem on the side/front.Attachment 214438
Sorry, I meant the Ford 550 chassis. Looks like a pickup and has a diesel engine, no engine exhaust brake.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 09-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #40

We had a 2014 Thor 33sw on the Ford F550, didnt ride much different than our m2. Not sure how you can have a luxury ride in something carrying that much weight, the springs have to be built stiff to hold and support. I would guess a softer ride would also sway and feel unstable in curves

Tags
sold