Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
We had a 2014 Thor 33sw on the Ford F550, didnt ride much different than our m2. Not sure how you can have a luxury ride in something carrying that much weight, the springs have to be built stiff to hold and support. I would guess a softer ride would also sway and feel unstable in curves
I agree, I think some are forgetting that the foundation for the 5 and the DX are trucks, with truck suspensions. I don't think ours rough riding. I think our rig handles just fine and I like passing everything on the hills too, and the gas milage is not bad. I hear CCC complaints on here too but I seem to have more stuff with me than I need anyway.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrpb11a View Post
Ford 150, sure.
Ford 250, uh yeah
Ford 350. Good enough
Ford 450, maybe
Ford 550, well
Ford 650, not great
See a pattern?
Same applies to Chevy Dodge
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the M2 chassis supplied by Dynamax, Renegade, Jayco, Newmar, … have an "Airliner" rear suspension, air ride seats and typically these "luxury" MH are not living on the edge of max weight.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #43

That Ford is on a ford E450 gas chassis. Not comparable to the Ram 5500 chassis. To compare you have to drive the thor Omni or magnitude in the Ford F550 diesel chassis.
xrpb11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #44

Yep, airliner suspension but still rides rough due to the roads.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #45

That's the bottom line with motorhomes. As long as you factor the ride in the equation you should not be disappointed with the chassis.
Quote:
We had a 2014 Thor 33sw on the Ford F550, didnt ride much different than our m2. Not sure how you can have a luxury ride in something carrying that much weight, the springs have to be built stiff to hold and support. I would guess a softer ride would also sway and feel unstable in curves
Old 09-08-2019, 09:42 AM   #46

Past driving experience, along with realizing what type of chassis you are driving goes a long way in how one evaluates a motorhome ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymyers View Post
I don't think ours rough riding. I think our rig handles just fine and I like passing everything on the hills too, and the gas milage is not bad.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:57 PM   #47

Quote:
Ford 150, sure.

Ford 250, uh yeah

Ford 350. Good enough

Ford 450, maybe

Ford 550, well

Ford 650, not great

See a pattern?

Same applies to Chevy Dodge

I had 3 dodge 1500s, the last two rode better than my 2015 F150. Going back to dodge for numerous reasons and not listing to hijack the thread.
No longer mine: 2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
All pop-up and tent camping before...
mjbenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #48

Quote:
I think Thor sells a Class C on a Ford Chassis? I drove one last year and was not impressed.

I drove a Thor magnitude a few months ago and it rode and drove pretty nice. I’m waiting to find a isata 5 to drive before I make the final decision. Leaning that way for sure but would like to drive before dropping that kind of money.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Took the girls for a walk and remembered to catch a pic.... Thor emblem on the side/front.Attachment 214438

They had a four winds model on the f550 chassis, they dropped it then redesigned and called it a magnitude and/or Omni.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:49 PM   #50

I'm in the same boat. Will look at both during the cal rv show early october. I'm sitting right now in a rented 33ft coachman leprechaun. Spending 5 days in it to make sure I can handle the size change coming from a 41 ft solitude. So far the space is not a problem. However the air conditioner sounds like a freight train. Wondering if the isata and Magnitude sound the same or are muffled somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbenedict View Post
I drove a Thor magnitude a few months ago and it rode and drove pretty nice. I’m waiting to find a isata 5 to drive before I make the final decision. Leaning that way for sure but would like to drive before dropping that kind of money.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:38 AM   #51

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. Will look at both during the cal rv show early october. I'm sitting right now in a rented 33ft coachman leprechaun. Spending 5 days in it to make sure I can handle the size change coming from a 41 ft solitude. So far the space is not a problem. However the air conditioner sounds like a freight train. Wondering if the isata and Magnitude sound the same or are muffled somehow.
I imagine a luxury box would have an AC with no discernable audio created by the unit. I could take a db level reading and let you know.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #52

I would venture to say that a Coachman Leprechaun is not in the category of a "luxury" coach.
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
I would venture to say that a Coachman Leprechaun is not in the category of a "luxury" coach.
I would agree and say no Dmax is in reality.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
I would agree and say no Dmax is in reality.
So what are you saying we've all been duped into buying junk?
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 09-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #55

Quote:
So what are you saying we've all been duped into buying junk?
Give it a break man, kinda tired of it. Nobody said that.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #56

Quote:
Give it a break man, kinda tired of it. Nobody said that.
Actually what comes across is that you are very unhappy with the product and that most everything was built poorly, and needs to either be fixed or changed. You say very little positive about Dynamax or the I5. You do the same on the Dyanamx (no affiliation to Dynamax the Corp) Facebook page. Seems like every chance you get you slam the product and the company. I often wonder if you are so unhappy with your purchase why you don't trade it off for another brand? I have a lot of experience in motorhomes and I feel this is one of the best on the road. Certainly one of the best I've ever owned. Like you said, "give it a break" we all pretty much know you don't like your coach.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 09-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #57

Quote:
Actually what comes across is that you are very unhappy with the product and that most everything was built poorly, and needs to either be fixed or changed. You say very little positive about Dynamax or the I5. You do the same on the Dyanamx (no affiliation to Dynamax the Corp) Facebook page. Seems like every chance you get you slam the product and the company. I often wonder if you are so unhappy with your purchase why you don't trade it off for another brand? I have a lot of experience in motorhomes and I feel this is one of the best on the road. Certainly one of the best I've ever owned. Like you said, "give it a break" we all pretty much know you don't like your coach.
Amen.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #58

Quote:
Again kudos to you for getting the best one made even though you have had numerous inquiries on fixing things. If you don't mind the breakages that's your prerogative, but I have never attacked you or anyone, just an inanimate object. That's the difference between myself and you, I don't become an a.. an attack other on here like you and other old grumpy miserable people here. I actually have tried to help other as apparently you didn't notice on facebook and here. You just pick and choose what you want to hear, sorry you don't like that I have had more issues than the apparently normal Dmax owner. Again count your blessings and quit attacking others personally.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #59

Quote:
Amen.
Read above, goes for you too. Your the worst on this forum. FYI, coming from others posting on facebook also.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #60

Quote:
Read above, goes for you too. Your the worst on this forum. FYI, coming from others posting on facebook also.
I am the worst on this forum? Based on what? You dont know me. You said "Grumpy old People", heck I am not even 50 yet.

You throw a lot of dirt around and call a lot of us names when you dont know anyone. That seems to me like you might be the worst one on here?

The rest of us try to share and help others with problems and fixes, all I have ever seen you post is negative rants, complaints and comparisons to other units like "prevost". Unless you have owned those other units, how can you even post an opinion?

I would calm yourself down, quit talking trash and calling other people names. Try keeping it civil or move on.

Tags
sold